All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Syntrope
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:36 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

how many times have we taken the bait?
how many bites from that apple of fate?
now we are full so we set it down.
and stand right-side up on this world up-side down.

we have many chances every day to make a new choice from that one long ago when we took the bait, took the bite of the golden apple, chose the shortcut, the easy way out. it was a lie, but we didn't know. but now we know and we can choose the way of life. we are syntropes. that is our function. we are supposed to be putting this thing together. but the gods of entropy appeared from the sky with a magic sphere that granted wishes. "be like us" they said. don't wait for the earth to offer up what you need. you can take it and then some. you can store up, gather, horde. you can have power over others. money. weapons. wonderful technological toys - just.like.us. (said the fish men, those scaly tempters). and we took the bite. and we take it every day again each time we choose the way of death and entropy. but it feels horrible because it is a reversal. it goes down backwards. we are upside down. born the wrong way 'round. we are the hanged man. but in every chaos is born the seed of order. and our inversion gives us a new perspective. and now we see it. there it is. right there in the calm surface of the lake. it is a face. the face of god. it is us. "oh, hi there. long time no see."

Post subject: Re: Syntrope
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:40 am 
Curator
Curator

Please provide a definition for syntrope. A search for such a definition on the Internet does not provide anything I can make sense of in your context.

Ted

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:12 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

"Syntrope" is my word. I think of it like this:

Entropy is generally understood as movement toward disorder, chaos, randomness, or hidden information.
The opposite of entropy is syntropy.
To break it down, "syn" meaning "with" or "together" and "trope" meaning "transformation".
Syntropy can be usefully defined as the process of creating order or information from chaos or disorder.
One who engages in or is an agent of entropy is an "entrope". Therefore one who engages in creation or the generation of information is a "syntrope".

My understanding of the thing that is going on in the multiverse is that we are syntropes. At least, we are intended to be.

When Tom says "become love" I understand that to mean the same thing as fulfilling our destiny as syntropes, as agents of order, creation, and information.

To my mind this is the process of returning to god, to unity, as opposed to movement toward separation and disorder.

My little rhyme above is a thought about Original Sin, if you will, as a metaphor describing what happens when we engage in entropic behavior by making "bad" choices.

The apple in the Edenic allegory represents, to me, a shortcut, reaching for the "gold" of taking something that we are not ready for, or that we have not earned. I think the "gods of entropy" metaphorically offered us a bite of something they had eaten, or which they represented.

One could understand it in the alien/UFO "anti-rat" metaphor of something like this: some scaly dudes from Orion or Sirius showed up a long time ago and offered early man (Adam) some technological "help", a way for him to be like them with their "advanced" sciences and "civilization" (and big shiny flying saucers/Vimanas).

Before that time Adam had lived in balance with the earth, taking only what she offered as it came. When the gods of entropy offered Adam a plow, a way to cut open the earth and take from her everything they could scrape out, they offered him a way to horde, and to therefore have power over their fellow men. This is a direct lineage to money, weapons, armies, and power-over.

The problem with this path is that it is entropic as hell. We are living inside the results of that decision, of the decision of some men to go along with the "alien" idea and to form the infamous pyramid that takes the life force of those below and feeds it upward to the few at the top. Of course if you stick with the alien metaphor you could run it out a long way and see how the whole "deal" was a lie since "they" never intended to really empower the men they made deals with, but intended instead top use them as inmate-guards, given special privileges, who would keep the rest of us in line as cattle on the farm, so to speak, and to make sure we are kept in a low QOC, creating fear-flavored "loosh" that keeps "them" alive as they forestall their inevitable tumble toward ultimate disorder.

But all of this ^ is just a story I tell myself. I have no idea how anything "really" works.

More to the point - I think when Tom describes a "low" QOC he is talking about, to my mind at least, being more or less entropic. So a "higher" or a "better" QOC would be one that is syntropic.

Si?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:49 pm 
Curator
Curator

Just keep in mind that creating word concepts like that will not aid communication as we cannot spend the effort necessary to explain it to everyone that we do for explaining Tom's expanded meanings and terms like IUOC and LCS, etc. I follow your reasoning but Tom has it covered already and there is difficulty enough in keeping newcomers aware that there is more information to be gathered to create understanding.

Ted

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:39 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I hear you, Ted.
I was not thinking that the "Big Picture" area was for noobs, and my thoughts in this matter are definitely "big picture".
I was just hoping to attract some others with thoughts about the big picture and offer up some ideas and get some feedback.
One of the things I like about this forum, as opposed to other new-agey or wavy-gravy kind of places, is that there are many really smart, rational people here.
I think there is much about our situation that we CAN understand, but we are limited by our concepts and terms and I wanted to begin to move away from some of those limitations.
One of my peeves has to do with kundalini, for example.
I know some westerners, in the US and in Europe and in Canada, who have experienced or are experiencing that process. Many of them are spontaneous and so they are caught off-guard if they do not have any exposure to the idea of what that is. But as soon as they start to try and educate themselves they run into Sanskrit terms and Hindu gods and it puts them off and is not helpful. And so even words like "kundalini" itself are troublesome.
I have been trying to come up with a lexicon and an idiom that de-mystifies some of this stuff.
For example - one of the things that the kundalini "upgrade" (you have had that experience, yes?) can give people is what some call an "inner knowing", which I understand to be like an enhanced connection to the universal database, sort of like getting a fiber optic cable to replace your old 56K modem.
But we do not have any accurate terms to describe that "inner knowing" that are not mystical. And so I came up with "endonoesis" - which can be broken down with a Latin-to-English dictionary.
Once we have the term we can then talk about it without having to resort to Sanskrit or invoking Shiva.
An interesting aside: one of the pet projects that Ed Mitchell, the astronaut who talked openly about aliens and the spiritual change he experienced as a result of his experiences in space, started was a group he named "The Institute of Noetic Sciences." http://www.noetic.org/
Ed Mitchell had the same idea I am having - to demystify this stuff and put it into an idiom Americans and other westerners can talk about.
I think that aligns exactly with Tom's mission, if not his lingo.
That said, I agree that it is not helpful to muddy the waters for some people with new terms to learn.
I guess I was hoping to contact some fellow-travelers here, is all.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:57 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I think you are trying to connect things in a way Ted, and I, are having trouble identifying with. There is no original sin, God, apple analogy, etc. in MBT.

Even getting knowledge you are not ready for is just a learning experience. You can take information given to you and absorb it and let it propel you, or be confused by it and let it stifle you. It is always up to free will.

If your way of putting things together helps you, then go for it. But it might be hard for others on the forum to follow you. We use the analogies, and terminology, that Tom uses in MBT, and the ones he refers to in his lectures.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:16 am 
Curator
Curator

Dave,

I have experienced kundalini by just hearing about it and causing the energy circulation they describe at will and in either direction that I chose. I still tend to keep my tongue in the energy bridge position. But I could not see it as a big deal. It was something that I could do with no training and no effort so why should I see it as a big deal? I really don't understand what the big deal is. If you want to somehow clarify what this concept is, please do so but please don't go into a special jargon.

Ted