Ways to Evolve (lower entropy)

Here the best threads or discussions from all the MBT forum topics have been assembled and organized into chapters representing various general areas of common interest.
soprano
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ways to Evolve (lower entropy)

Post by soprano »

Hello:

I will use: C: Consciousness CS: Consciousness System/s

Evolve and Lowering Entropy are the same. C evolves by lowering entropy. Lowering entropy means to change towards more available energy, to lower the disorder. The resultant order seems to be Universal Unconditional Love.
Lowering entropy of a subset of a CS (like an IUOC) results in lowering the entropy of a CS. AUM is a CS.

I will start with a quote from Tom that resumes a simple way to evolve and I will add more information and examples to help people think of ways to lower entropy.

"Simply walk fearlessly with love into whatever comes and everything will come out right. The larger consciousness system takes care of its own - no soldier is left behind." (Tom C.)

We can not only lower our entropy by working on ourselves but also by helping others. Helping others evolve, lowers the entropy of the IUOC that helps and also other IUOCs that learn from it, causing the CS to evolve. The internet is a good medium to achieve this and this MBT board is a living proof. Better than giving people the fish is to teach them how to fish.

A related Tom's quote:

"Not only do you have responsibility for your own growth, but as you succeed past a certain point, you also have responsibility to help others succeed. The student becomes a teacher for those who are struggling with things that the teacher has mastered -- yet he remains a student for there is always more to learn and more to give." (Tom C.)

Be patient as I build on this thread. I am planning to bring up words from my previous posts, some of Tom's posts and other information I find from others. I will appreciate if people send me PMs with suggestions so that we can keep this thread clean but I can't stop you from posting (hopefully something positive, useful).

Claudio
"Every moment can be as good as you want it to be."
"Experience is the ultimate teacher."

> http://soprano.com <
soprano
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Ways to Evolve (lower entropy)

Post by soprano »

An important post from Tom answering a question from ic about the number X of additional lives (in PMR). Answer shows ways to better take advantage of our interactive PMR activity and how to shorten X :
twcjr wrote:ic: " ...yet does this mean we are generally burdened with having to definitely live an X number of additional lives? How best to optimize maximum experience? Awareness in the present?"

Tom: Yes, there is too much to learn (at the being level), too much growth required to accomplish it all in a single PMR lifetime. X may be larger or smaller based on how quickly and effectively you are able to learn. Maximizing your growth rate - the evolution of your consciousness -- requires three mutually interdependent things to work together -- much like the mutual interdependence of wisdom, experience, and knowledge as discussed above. The first is awareness. Awareness of yourself, of your intent, of your consciousness, of your fear, ego, and beliefs, of your potential choices, of what is important and what is not, of how you interact with your environment. Awareness of your environment including other people, being present in the moment, being aware of what others are thinking and feeling, as well as of their needs and how you might affect them, being aware of a larger reality and your place and function in it, of where you are going and how you are going to get there. Awareness of the dynamics of relationship from the perspective of the big picture. That is a lot of awareness to develop. The second is to let go of fear and ego (wants needs, desires, beliefs, and expectations) -- from this, competency, focus, trust, and effectiveness develops to allow the being to optimize the productivity of its interactions and understand the purpose of its existence. The third is to embrace change and uncertainty -- make a constant and consistent effort to change, to grow up, to internalize, absorb, integrate, and organize the results of one and two above into a new way of being, a new perspective. a new reality in which a new you exists. Your reality evolves and expands as you evolve and expand. This last one requires a long term view, a desire to improve yourself more than your situation, gumption, stick-to-itiveness, drive, energy, and focus over a lifetime.

That's all. A short list. Get all that done and you will maximize the value of your daily experience and be off to a good start.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Claudio, you are correct - dreaming represents another reality frame specifically designed for our learning. It is no more or less real than PMR - just different. One learns differently there. We should take advantage of all our learning opportunities. There are learning advantages and disadvantages to any reality frame that are very dependent on the individual and the lesson. YAD (You Are Dreaming) is another poster who learns much in his dreams. The main game is PMR with dreaming filling in doing what it does best.

Tom C
I got this from this thread: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3922&start=15

Claudio
Last edited by soprano on Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

soprano
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by soprano »

The following post from Tom is important regarding how AUM by using TBC may speed up evolution. I asked Tom some questions and he gave me these answers (that are related to evolving):

Note: When we talk about "the guys in the computer room" we mean the beings or system of beings handling VRs and TBC.
twcjr wrote:Claudio: Let me see if I understood then. No matter what increments they use or constants they use it won't affect the speed of evolution of a VR (average entropy reduction)?

Tom: That's correct. The speed of evolution, from the perspective of the PMR IUOCs, is independent of what happens in the computer room. It is entirely dependent on the quality of their intent driven choices.

Claudio: Do the ones in the computer room have any technological trick to use to speed up the evolution besides being creative in the development of the rule-sets?

Tom: Yes, they interface with each IUOC that is ready to learn by: 1) generating a custom lesson plan, 2) providing experience in multiple reality frames that offers optimal learning opportunity (e.g., dreaming), 3) selectively demonstrating the larger reality in order to open eyes and minds (often something paranormal), 4) giving nudges through intuition, and 5) by administering tests that help them tweak lesson plans to keep them optimized.

Claudio: Also. Can I send my resume to work in that computer room? I have programming experience but I am willing to start by just sweeping the floors and taking the garbage out :)

Tom: They already have your resume. You have been accepted and are presently enrolled in their training course. See answer two above. :-)

Tom C
Extracted from here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3849&hilit=entropy&start=75

Claudio

Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Post by Ted Vollers »

Claudio,

I suggest that you consider investigating here the concept that we, as our minds within Consciousness Space, exist as the primal example of neural networks, explaining the need for training as the method for developing the quality of our consciousness and lowering our entropy. This can only be inferred instead of examined directly, but it seems very logically likely to be the probable form of our existence based upon observed characteristics. It also seems something that can readily arise by 'natural' processes such as the two primary processes that Tom describes. You have the training and background to engage this subject, or so I understand. I believe that there is an existing PMR literature on neural networks, their design and characteristics.

I think that this fits well with your expressed purpose.

Ted
soprano
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by soprano »

Ted:

That's a good suggestion. I will eventually. You can add something valuable about that too. I will search on your previous posts but you can also point to something (may be in your website). I remember you posted something regarding some experiments with robots training to play soccer. If I don't find it or you have something different or better, let me know.

Thanks,

Claudio

soprano
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by soprano »

An answer of Tom to Vzam:

The following is an example of the importance of "how you deal with your experiences". Sometimes you cannot control entirely your input but you can try to control how you deal with it:
twcjr wrote:Vzam,

What good are phobias? Like rattlesnakes, landlords, mosquitoes, bosses, banks, crying babies, and bumble bees, they are just something that crosses a person's path that must be dealt with. In dealing with what we have to deal with are opportunities for personal growth. The challenge to you in the bigger picture is how to use these little picture challenges as a catalyst to attaining a lower entropy state of being -- there is usually a way to do that.

Tom C
Extracted from here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3600&p=11446&hilit=entropy#p11446

An example I gave regarding lowering entropy:
soprano wrote:You go to your room at night and you give a thought of what you did that day. That day you yelled at another driver when you were going to work in a hurry. You insulted your wife or husband. You are alone in your room (no communication). You do an analysis of what you did wrong that day. You think I shouldn't have yelled at that driver and insulted my wife/husband. You think to yourself, I shouldn't act this way, I'll try to take it easy and tomorrow I will say I am sorry to my wife/husband and I will try to take it easy with the traffic.
Reference: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3862&hilit=entropy&start=60

Claudio

soprano
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by soprano »

A suggestion:

A good exercise to try to lower your entropy is to write in two papers (1. and 2.)

In 1. You write all the positive things you think will help you evolve.

In 2. You write all the things that are "in your way" or "negative" to evolve.

I already posted something related (I called them "my friends" related to 1.). So, you can use the following to start that:
soprano wrote:These are the friends I like to hang out with:

Intention, Intent, Love, Unlimited, Clarity, Quality, Wisdom, Help, Care, Good, Learn, Teach, Humble, Open-Mind, Skepticism, Freedom, Take it easy, Happiness, Tom C., you people (in this board), all people, all beings, Unconditional Love, Experience, Explore

The ones that I try to avoid:

Fear, Ego, Desire, Expectation, Limitations, Bad, Arrogance, Careless, Hatred, Envy, Jealousy, Agression, Ignorance (specially ignore other people), Belief, Terrorism, Pain, Grief, Sadness, Drugs, Addictions, Attachments, Needs, Greed

Clau
Extracted from: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3884&p=12154&hilit=Jealousy#p12154

Claudio

soprano
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by soprano »

Uncertainty: We must learn to accept uncertainty

This is an important aspect of evolution. There is already another Archive thread about Uncertainty, so I will post the link and anybody can refer to that thread (like a subset of this one) and add there:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3686

Claudio

soprano
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by soprano »

Tom answers to some related questions:
twcjr wrote:1) Are Hypnosis recordings helpful in changing negative beliefs to positive?

Tom: That depends on the individual and how they interact with the hypnosis techniques on the recording. The will/intent to change at the being level must be present within the individual. If hypnosis is used as a tool to focus one's attention upon the positive, then it could be helpful if the long term result is that one's level of fear is reduced and remains that way even without hypnosis. If hypnosis causes no permanent shift from fear toward love at the being level, then it serves little purpose. Don't expect hypnosis or any other technique to fix you -- first you must be ready to fix yourself -- then most any tool that suits your personality and belief structure can facilitate the growth process.

2) Will a person be denied access to a certain job etc if it would lead to higher entropy instead of less?

Tom: Yes, that could indeed happen. It is not necessarily so but such "choreography" is not uncommon. This sort of manipulation is not based upon an assessment of the individual's entropy alone, but rather on how the average entropy of the system will be affected (those two considerations are often very similar if other's lessons are not involved, but may occasionally be very different). That this "help" is given by the larger consciousness system is why most people who have a sense of the bigger picture say that "things generally work out for the best". Or, "look for the silver lining"

3) Could you expand further on one of your answers explaining why guides would use fearful situations as teaching experiences?

Tom: Case 1: If a person is too fearful to safely and profitably experience NPMR directly (doing so would more likely raise the entropy of their consciousness than lower it), then the best way to filter out those folks and prevent a regrettable experience is to give them a fear test before letting them loose in NPMR.
Case 2: if a person needs to get over certain fears to move forward, and if outgrowing those fears is within their reach, then creating fearful situations that allow and encourage the individual to overcome the fear would be in order. Growth rarely takes place with something catalyzing the process. Unfortunately, without pain or discomfort to prod us to make changes, most of us are completely content with a feel-good status quo.

Tom C
Extracted from here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3756&p=10448&hilit=entropy#p10448

Claudio

soprano
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by soprano »

Some related Tom's quotes:

"A man who will not leave his room because he does not know how, or is afraid to open the door, is trapped just the same whether or not the door is locked" (Tom C.)

"Do not worry about the future, it will come upon you gradually and only as you are ready for it - there are no big bumps or sudden transitions - you grow gradually from one stage to the next. Everything will open and become available as you need it and can profitably use it (not necessarily as you want it), no loose ends will be left flapping about. Your transitions will not come at the expense of others. All evolution is generally optimized for the system, not for individuals. Individuals do not evolve at the system's expense - we are all one. The whole system is evolving." (Tom C.)

From Page 775 of Trilogy:

"Just go do it"

"Begin to understand your beliefs and their limitations. Inspect your ego regularly to see if it is growing or shrinking and expose some of its more blatant fantasies in yourself, then to your loved ones and finally to your friends. Dedicate some of your energy every day to finding and verifying the truth. Become aware of your motivations and intents. Turn off the TV and get acquainted with your mind. Learn to meditate (see Chapter 23, Book1). Be kind and loving in all your interactions with others. Stop thinking about yourself and your wants, needs and desires. Figure out what your fears are and outgrow them. And above all, continue to objectively taste that pudding to see how you are doing. Only real measurable, bona fide objective results are acceptable. If you do not get results that you, as well as others, can easily see after a serious six-month effort, do something else. Be patient, real progress takes serious dedication over a long time.
Have fun always.
Just go do it. You don't need to know how!" (Tom C.)

More of Tom's quotes posted by Insegrievious in same thread:

"Absolutes in communication are reflections of ego."

"We do whatever comes to us at the moment -- what we do matters little -- the intent behind the doing is an expression of our being that matters much. The feedback from the doing informs the quality of the being to modify its intent -- this is the bootstrap by which we pull ourselves up."

"After we grow up enough, we no longer need pain to get our attention -- we learn to continue growing while remaining happy and positive because we understand the nature of existence -- we already know what really matters and why. Our capacity to love and to give expands without being prodded by pain and misfortune."

"The bottom line is that the larger consciousness system is designed and constructed to support your personal growth in every and any way that could possibly be effective for you. It will not help you experience things that are likely to increase your entropy -- you do enough of that yourself."

"In short, Believe Nothing, Explore Everything, Know what you Know. Know More."

"The ideal is to turn intellectual beliefs into knowledge based on direct experience."

All Extracted from: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3944&start=0

Claudio

soprano
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by soprano »

The following is a question from Kathy that Tom answers. To lower your entropy you have to "be" different, so you have to try to "become" different:
twcjr wrote:Kathy: Are you saying that entropy reduction is about the positive emotions/feelings/states of being that you generate within yourself?

Tom: It is not what entropy reduction is all about, but it is a way to nudge yourself toward more positive and productive attitude, perspective, or feeling (awareness) which may in turn lead to entropy reduction within your consciousness.

Kathy: For example, when you notice yourself thinking thoughts that produce a stressing emotion such as worry, anxiety, fear, apprehension, etc. would stopping the negative thought pattern and changing it to positive thoughts that produce positive emotion such as equanimity, acceptance, courage, determination and cheerfulness help to reduce entropy?

Tom: Yes-- such things may not necessarily increase the quality of your consciousness by themselves but they sure can help put you on a path where growth happens.

Tom C
Extracted from: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3731&p=10367&hilit=entropy#p10367

Claudio

soprano
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by soprano »

Importance of "Intent" and "Self Concept":

Please refer to this thread created by Ted Vollers: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2783

Importance of "Interactions" and "Neural Networks" (NN):

Neural Networks (NN) concepts can help understand the importance of interactions. Neural Networks as well as fractals are common aspects of Consciousness nature and deserve our attention and study of them. Science studies NN models of brains and Artificial Intelligence (AI) (called AI NN). I will edit this post in the future to include a link with more information on NN.

In the meantime I include a post of Tom related to interactions:
twcjr wrote:The largest problem is a confusion concerning the mystical, esoteric, or spiritual significance of PMR stuff. PMR is a virtual reality. It is only significant because it allows you to exercise (grow) the quality of your intent through the experience and feedback PMR generates. What you do in PMR is mostly irrelevant, why you do it (your intent, motivation, the source of your action) is what matters. Tools, metaphors, are often used in the growing process -- these tools may be anything that helps you focus your consciousness and inspire your growth. Sex can be used as such a tool, so can meditation, religious symbols, and rituals of all sorts. Consciousness is the only active ingredient -- all the rest (tools) are only relevant because of the meaning one attaches to them -- the meaning is individually personal and not intrinsic to the tool -- different tools for different folks.

With the sex drive being what it is in PMR, it is expected that some would find sacred sex to be the tool of choice -- the doorway to heaven. Others handle poisonous snakes, beat themselves bloody with whips, go to church, light candles, burn incense, sacrifice animals, speak in tongues, take drugs, go live in a cave, say prayers, chant the names of god, execute special body movements, study martial arts, and so on and so on and so on. When the tools become sacred and THE ONLY WAY you usually have a little bit of truth and lots of bullpucky.

Tom C
Extracted from: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3768

Regarding the influence of Sex and Love in evolution and NPMR activity I will include a post from Tom but I will also recommend to read the whole thread. I will include the URL of the thread after Tom's post.

ObjectiveMind (OM) asks and Tom answers:
twcjr wrote:OM: Let me be more specific... Having Orgasms and the apparent draining of energy that occurs from the event.... Does this affect your ability to access NPMR/OBE state? Does reducing your sexual activity build up energy that can be used for that purpose?

No and no -- not in the way you are thinking. Contrary to some religious/metaphysical traditions, orgasm (specifically a male's ejaculation -- which is what you are actually asking about) has no long term negative effects on that male's (or his partner's) spiritual growth. On the other hand, a good loving relationship (which includes regular sex and orgasm as well as much more that lies beyond the physical) does have a long term positive effect on spiritual growth -- as does any deep positive relationship. Good love relationships of all sorts are ego reducers because to develop such a relationship one has to be able to develop the capacity to be giving, caring, loving -- focused on other rather than self. Poor relationships tend to be ego enhancers because they usually stem from too many people wanting to be Master of The Universe at the same time in the same universe (focused mostly on their own needs). Developing good relationships is one of the primary exercises of being that we use to pull ourselves up by our bootstraps.

Tom C
Whole thread related to "Sex" and "Love": viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3710

Claudio

soprano
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by soprano »

About identifying EGO in action, a post from Ted:
Ted Vollers wrote:Will,

There is a great deal to say that might clarify your thinking and understanding. I am not at all sure whether you will appreciate it however as it basically amounts to saying that you don't really understand everything as well as you think as yet. You are getting glimpses of many things ranging from the wonder of it all to the futility of it all. To repeat what I previously said in other words that may or may not be more helpful, you need more patience and more perspective.

A major aspect of what you are missing is the concept of entropy and what it all means in terms of misunderstandings, non-communication and general disagreement. It is the basic root cause of much of the things that you are complaining about and the basic disorder of human thought, society and endeavors, not just an obscure and esoteric technical term. It is at base why you make a statement and proposition that you think is not only perfectly clear but even compelling and yet others react with everything from ignoring your great idea to shunning both you and the idea. People just do not think alike in very basic ways. It takes a great deal of time and expended effort, many life times in fact, to get through and past this in the understanding of an individual. And all of these individuals here interacting in PMR are each at different stages in this development. It is the basic reason why there have been so few recognized as great souls and great teachers in all of human history. And also why those few so recognized have still not been able to just say 'here is my vision' and then 'follow me' and have it happen. They may have been eventually recognized for what they were, but usually after they have been dead for decades to centuries and their thoughts interpreted and explained in detail (not to mention distortion and simplification) and over time to the masses.

The other major aspect that I would point out comes down basically to ego. I am not saying that you are thinking of yourself as being at the center of your grand conceptions. You may in fact be thinking very 'selflessly' of yourself in relationship to the system that you are perceiving yourself as part of. It is however another aspect of ego to think in terms of 'if it is so simple, clear and compelling to me, then why can't you dumb-asses get it?' You have to merge an understanding of entropy and disorder as it impacts human society and thinking with a realization that as a result, people are not just going to readily accept what you say because you see it clearly and compellingly. Their egos tell them something else about themselves and their goals and desires in relationship to your or any other grand ideas of religion, science or philosophy. To think that it will be in any other way is itself a manifestation of ego. Not the same as thinking that everything revolves around me (or should) but neither does everything revolve around one great 'Idea' whether expressed as religion or philosophy and no matter how impressed you personally are with it.

It isn't that everyone just says accept it because that is the way we like it. You don't have to accept it, but it is not helpful to be unrealistic in your understanding and expectations. The turbulence, disorder and more technically, the entropy level, is what it is, it is there and it is not going away just because some small or substantial number of PMR participants recognize the problem. Develop your understanding further and work on fixing what you can fix in this time around the PMR experience packet. Start with yourself and then proceed to 'brighten the corner where you are' as they used to sing in Sunday School.
Above quote found here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3988

About feelings and effect on entropy, a post from ColeRandall:
ColeRandall wrote:One obvious thing comes to mind here-

find peace alone - and the right companion will come into your experience naturally. You cannot control those around you, and you cannot expect to find happiness by simply finding the "relationship of your dreams" or an aesthetically pleasing bed-mate. That can be an enriching part of life, but true joy stems from within- and so does true sorrow. So the girl is not to blame- and the bartender is not to blame. In reality- no one is to blame, including yourself. But the negative feelings are your own, and no girl; however beautiful her form may be, can thrust those upon you ...or take them away. The bright side is that life is great once you are able to let go of your need for conditioned happiness. The right situations fall into your lap as a positive Intent leads back to the reality of love. Part of this is realizing that the same basic love, vitality, and consciousness runs through all that is manifest, that there are no divisions set up about the self, and that for love to mean anything- it must be given away to all without discrimination.

Good luck my friend. May you find what you seek.

-Cole
Found here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3761

Claudio

soprano
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by soprano »

devendra

Post by devendra »

So good to discover you here Claudio, even though it's been many years since this discussion has been suspended. And yes, I learnt a few things here about sex, orgasms and relationships and also about fulfilling the capacity to be alone and comfortable

Return to “An Archive of The Best Threads From All Forum Topics”