Return Home
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:39 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:06 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

I have a question.
I can't quote in which videos I've heard Tom say this, but I have often heard him say words to the effect that most people don't have a very focused intent and so it doesn't have a very powerful effect in terms of changing probable outcomes. He often points out that many of us mostly are operating out of our intellect and not from our being level, and so we don't have much impact on the thing we wish to affect.
On the other hand however, I've also heard him talk about how when we have negative feelings or thoughts about bad things that might happen, we tend to bring about the very thing that we are afraid of. He talks about how our negative thoughts and anxiety increase the possibility of bad outcomes.
Isn't there a bit of a contradiction here? When we try to influence things to be the way we want them to be, we are operating out of weak intellect and ego and have little effect and when we don't want something to happen, it increases the chance of it happening.
Do we have the power to influence events or not? It seems that we do when it comes to unwanted outcomes and we don't when it comes to desired outcomes.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:48 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I have a question.
I can't quote in which videos I've heard Tom say this, but I have often heard him say words to the effect that most people don't have a very focused intent and so it doesn't have a very powerful effect in terms of changing probable outcomes. He often points out that many of us mostly are operating out of our intellect and not from our being level, and so we don't have much impact on the thing we wish to affect.
On the other hand however, I've also heard him talk about how when we have negative feelings or thoughts about bad things that might happen, we tend to bring about the very thing that we are afraid of. He talks about how our negative thoughts and anxiety increase the possibility of bad outcomes.
Isn't there a bit of a contradiction here? When we try to influence things to be the way we want them to be, we are operating out of weak intellect and ego and have little effect and when we don't want something to happen, it increases the chance of it happening.
Do we have the power to influence events or not? It seems that we do when it comes to unwanted outcomes and we don't when it comes to desired outcomes.
Not only do you have the power to influence events, you are directly responsible for the events you experience.

If you focus on the negative, you are putting your consciousness into a negative state. How could you ever experience anything other than the state in which you’ve put yourselves?

This is not to say that ‘thinking positively’ will always end up in what you believe to be a positive outcome. The fact is that, you don’t understand the difference between what you want and what you need.

Want what you need and you will have everything that is relevant. You will be able to use what appears to be what you don’t want to your advantage. You will learn from it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:59 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:

Hello pteria,
i can tell you from experience that it's not as bad as it might sound at first. Negative emotions don't have as much power to influence probably as positive emotions do.
Don't get crazy about it.
When I was younger, I was worried a lot and always thought it would not end well. But none of it happened.
To think that when something bad happens, I caused it by my negative thoughts, is quite dangerous in my opinion. You go crazy.
Stay calm and try to change things if you don't like them.
Don't be harsh on yourself if it doesn't work out immediately.
When you are e.g, 10 years anfraid of getting an illness, that increases the likelihood that it will happen. but that still doesn't mean that it will happen. You are not the only one who has influence on the future.

Positive emotion have more influence on probably especially when you put some Work behind it.
If the probability for an event is increased from 1% to 2% by your negative setting it will still quite unlikely that it will happen then. It also depends on how much probability has already been determined, so to speak. You can only influence the part that is still uncertain. If you are afraid that your house will collapse, but it is absolutely solidly built, it is rather unlikely that you bring it to collapse :) With health issues it can look different. This is a complex system with a lot of variables, there you have more influence in both directions.
Greeting
Ingo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I have a question.
I think what happens is that focusing your intent to get a desired positive result needs discipline, concentration, focus and effort, not much different than the effort you need to put in to pass an exam, tidy up your bedroom, learn to play a musical instrument, practicing a foreign language, etc. All of that is within the realm of possibility but you need to keep your laziness at bay and pay the price in time and energy (both of which tend to be quite scarce in our culture).

Conversely, when it comes to negative intent it seems so much easier to raise the probability of negative/undesired outcomes because fear, panic and anxiety are very effective at focusing your mind on the undesired outcome. They are so effective because they are quite automatic: they allow you to allocate a lot of energy into the negative outcome without you having to put in any effort to do so (i.e. fear and panic just happen, you don't have to be disciplined or work to make them happen). At least that is how it works for most of us given that fear is so much more present in our everyday lives than positive thinking, joy, love, etc.

You also have to bear in mind that sometimes you cannot get what you desire not only because your intent is ineffective in the positive direction but also because if it is something that has a 1 in 10000 probability of happening, even if you got to multiply its likelihood by 100 by amazingly focused positive intent, it would still be highly unlikely to happen. Our fears tend not to be so unlikely to happen, so they are easier to 'invoke'.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:10 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

When practising focused intent, it may be important
to visualize the <positive state> you wish to probability nudge.

If you sit there stressing with images of the
negative state you wish to diminish, the system
may get confused and think you are steering toward
rather than away from the negative state.

So, if there is a specific injury, hold the image of let’s
say blackness being blasted to whiteness with a
healing beam. Use colours and symbols that work
for you.

I like to add visualization such as the target and family
smiling and celebrating the healing, the target
doing activities consistent with health.