Return Home
It is currently Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:07 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 990 posts ]  Go to page Previous 162 63 64 65 66
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:58 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

pteria - I know Tom answered this question once. He said he feeds his dogs meat dog food. He does this because they are carnivores and not omnivores like us. And they don't really have a choice for health other than meat. But if you still want to ask the question, this is the right thread to use:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=9137&p=110951&hili ... at#p110951

Post subject: physical effects
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:07 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I have been meditating for several years, return frequently to the trilogy as well as reading and watching other people's takes on the subject of spiritual growth in the hope and expectation of catching glimpses of the Bigger Picture. I do get out and about a bit too :)

My question is about the possible physical effects of studying and practising MBT.

For some time now I have noticed a heightened sensitivity to electrical gadgets. Sometimes there is a tingling in my feet when I turn on the oven and a similar strange sensation when the mixer goes on. Today I made porridge using the microwave and had to sit down because I became dizzy. Although I am 78, I am fit and active, use no medication and get plenty of exercise and fresh air, so there is no reason to think there's a problem with my health. As soon as the machines are switched off, these effects go away.

Going into big shopping areas has also become more challenging. I am conscious of a tenseness and sense of disorientation that didn't used to happen. The best way I can describe the feeling is of being plugged in or wired up. I put it down to the combined effects of the lighting, noise, smells - (food and cosmetics) and the claustrophobic maze-like layout of these places.

Perhaps it's worth noting that none of this is particularly distressing. There's no need to visit shopping arcades, so I stay away. The tingling and heart-racing are interesting phenomena rather than alarming. I am just curious to know if other people have noticed similar effects and whether there could be a connection between the regular practice of spiritual exercises, contemplation and electricity.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:28 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Terry,

I was just collecting questions for the upcoming Fireside Chat and I skipped your question on the Mandela Effect as Tom answered that one in a Youth Fireside Chat at time stamp 1:08:00

https://www.matrixwissen.de/index.php?o ... Itemid=882

Best regards
Oliver

Quote:
I'd like some advice on the 'Mandela Effect'. Here's a video of a bloke with a software company trying to keep tabs on inventory where the names keep changing.

http://mandelabiblechanges.com/index.ph ... la-effect/

There are lots of theories about the phenomena, including the "parallel universe" theory in the video. However, I think there may be something more with "actualized databases" and the possibility of having visited "unrealized databases" (which then become actualized). Bugger if I know what's going on, I've had a bunch of these experiences, including the Rock of Gibraltar being moved out of the Straights and into the Mediterranean and being attached to Spain (at least on this time line).

I was hoping that Tom might be able to clear up what it is all about.

EDIT: I just found this longer 48 minute interview with the software programmer. He talks about some of his experiences, theories and future plans. He also mentions he went to the Monroe Institute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A18phtY ... e=youtu.be

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:39 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Thanks Oliver, I had considered the ME as a wake-up call that this is a virtual reality and that it can be manipulated, possibly as a 'nudge' by the LCS. Tom gave that explanation as one of the options of what was going on. That explanation fits better than some of the other explanations, like 'jumping time lines', DWave computers, CERN, etc.

Tom commented that there doesn't seem to be any research on the ME that he knew about. The two videos I linked to illustrate that the phenomena is real, however, within those videos there seems to be an emphasis on the 'jumping time line' explanation.

That virtual reality explanation also explains the rule set violations I mentioned in the MAGIC thread.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:19 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Reposting this questions since it seems to have been overlooked:

Tom often explains that sugar is an extreme influence when it comes to the clarity of our consciousness. I still have problems understanding why. I was wondering if Tom could explain the effects of sugar on our consciousness with the metaphor of the Elf in World of Warcraft.

To me, it seems that the game would give the elf constraints for eating sugar. The player behind the screen should remain unaffected. He should be able to access other games or do anything besides playing the elf without an issue.

Do we access the larger reality only "through" our avatar? In this case the World of Warcraft metaphor would not work but maybe Tom could find another way to explain how this works.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:05 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Sugar effects the brain. The brain is the constraint on how we access PMR information. All other data streams go through the FWAU/avatar constraints.

FIRESIDE CHAT - September 2017
Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... TGMnEjPSI8

50:15 Sugar & other substances and their effects on out-of-body experiences

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:46 pm 

Hello!

First time here.

My question:

I listened to Tom's previous fireside chat (No. 53 I think?) where he again talked about the virtual brain and how it's only rendered when observed. That made me think about other internal organs. Does that mean the blood in our veins is virtual? Is the heart virtual? If I continue this line of thought, than it must be so. In that case, how do processes happen in unseen virtual systems? Is it merely a game of probability? Meaning, if I smoke for 20 years, then the probability for getting a lung cancer increases, even though there aren't really any lungs unless observed? How does the human body run on systems that are only really there when observed? This can also be extrapolated to processes in other unseen components of the virtual reality. A car engine stalling. A sink getting clogged. How does the LCS compute probabilities in components of the simulation that are not actually observed and rendered?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:24 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Sugar effects the brain. The brain is the constraint on how we access PMR information. All other data streams go through the FWAU/avatar constraints.

FIRESIDE CHAT - September 2017
Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... TGMnEjPSI8

50:15 Sugar & other substances and their effects on out-of-body experiences
Great, can you explain that with the video game metaphor? Would really help me out in my understanding.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:24 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Great, can you explain that with the video game metaphor? Would really help me out in my understanding.
Hypothetical:

World of warcraft: Plot

Intent on settling in Durotar, Thrall's Horde expanded its ranks by inviting the undead Forsaken to join orcs, tauren, and trolls. Meanwhile, dwarves, gnomes, and the ancient night elves pledged their loyalties to the Alliance, guided by the human kingdom of Stormwind.

After Stormwind's king, Varian Wrynn, mysteriously disappeared, Highlord Bolvar Fordragon served as Regent but his service was affected by the mind control of the black dragon Onyxia, who ruled in disguise as a human noblewoman.

The Avatar (had been known to eat vast amounts of sugar which constrained his ability to detect and deflect mind control) Highlord Bolvar Fordragon served as Regent but his service was affected by the mind control of the black dragon Onyxia,(who had been known to be allergic to sugar) who ruled in disguise as a human noblewoman.

The Fordragon's player could not overcome the mind control due to the sugar constraints. The Avatar and Player are partitioned. Onyxia and its player are not partitioned. They are one. In the former, there is rule set defined separation of consciousness. In the latter, there is no separation.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:55 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Hi,
I posted this question somewhere else but I think it was the wrong place, so I'm repeating it here.

Four years ago someone, quite out of the blue, gave me a tiny puppy as a gift. Over time I've grown to love her very much. She's never liked eating prepared dog food and is capable of going for days without eating if that's all she gets. In the end my solution was to bake patties for her made of mince, egg, rice and chopped up vegetables and she's happy with those.

I'm on a vegetarian diet myself, and I don't want to support the meat industry, but I also don't know if it would be fair to force my dog to be vegetarian just because I am. I know that Tom has dogs, so I was wondering what solution he has come up with regarding their diet?

Many thanks,
Mario

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:36 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Here is Tom on World of Warcraft:

Reply to Josh by Tom: Josh, Ted’s comments were right on. Consciousness appears to be an open system designed to encourage success. Marginal players don’t get tossed out, they get helped. There are always new players entering the system. Capacity does not seem to be a problem. The system appears to be very patient, compassionate, loving, and supportive. Abject failure requires steady effort and dedication to negative evolution.

The words are confusing you because they are being used within different contexts and because you see yourself, relative to your "higher-self", as an independent being. Physical death is no more real than physical life -- neither one exists. Saying that you are immortal in the normal sense of that English word means that you survive physical death. That concept of immortality (surviving physical death) is nothing more than an erroneous little picture view lost in the habits of limited PMR thinking.

If there is no such thing as physical life, how can there be such a thing as physical death? Let me try to develop a more accurate, less limited perspective with some computer game metaphors. Like any metaphor, the fit is never perfect but I think it might lead you to a more useful perspective. Hopefully it will not scare you or depress you. If it does it will be because of a small PMR perspective becoming inadvertently twisted around self focused ego.

You, the Josh-guy you identify with as being you, is not an independent being. Josh-guy is just a character in a virtual reality simulator game that is animated by your consciousness. Very much like the lizard-man or wizard or barbarian you make up in World of Warcraft. Except in the PMR game you don't roll dice or pick from a list to determine a character's characteristics which define the abilities and limitations (decision space) with which you must work as your free will makes the choices that determine what that character does within the game. Instead you "birth" a character and let it develop and interact while you, as before, are at the helm making choices and generating intent for your character.

So, your individuated unit of consciousness (IUOC) is playing in the PMR virtual reality trainer and he picks a situation (perhaps as part of a plan with some friends who are also playing the game) and births a potential character onto the playing field (Virtual Earth) to suit whatever strategy he has in mind to raise his characters "level" as quickly as possible. He may or may not get exactly what he wants in a character because the birth algorithms within the games rule-set contain a lot of uncertainty which keeps the game more interesting and challenging since it inhibits players from stacking the deck in their favor by always dealing themselves pat hands. The Josh-guy character birthed in the VR (generated by the PMR rule-set) is really just a set of data and rules that must remain consistent with the causality defined by the PMR rule-set (i.e., the Josh-guy is a computer model -- a probability and statistics model -- just like lizard-man). It is the players consciousness (the IUOC player provides the free will and intent) that animates the Josh-guy character with motivation/intent and makes the choices available to the characters decision space (just like you do with lizard-man).

As the IUOC player makes choices in the present moment of game play from the array of future possibilities, he “collapses the probability wave function” to a specific result that becomes part of the historic database of the virtual PMR game. (See how the process fractal pattern repeats at each level?) The player has to “level up” his character through his characters experience so he can evolve that character to a larger decision space which gives the IUOC more choices and possibilities to work with.

The virtual Josh-guy character, generated by the computer in the mind of the IUOC, is limited to the virtual PMR game play viewpoint in which he was birthed and in which he experiences (just like lizardman). He calls his IUOC his soul or higher self because he thinks of himself as a real, independent being within PMR making decisions with his own personal consciousness that belongs just to him. Thus his higher self must be a “different” being (because everything that is not him must be different and independent of him from the PMR viewpoint).

Josh-guy believes that his independent consciousness will one day merge with the quite different (bigger, better) IUOCs consciousness because he cannot fathom that his consciousness is nothing other than the IUOCs playing a PMR experience game in a virtual reality trainer. When you play your Lizard–man in World of Warcraft (WOW), can you not parallel process and eat some Pizza and talk to your friends who are also playing WOW with you at the same time? If you are young enough, you can probably handle all that while pretending to do your homework.

Because you are doing these other things (and lizard man only gets some fraction of your attention) does that mean that the intents and choices you make when you are playing your lizard man character are somehow no longer precisely representative of you? Does it make sense that you are actually a whole lot wiser and more evolved and better at playing the PMR game than the way you play your lizard man? No. You always play lizard man pretty much to the best of your ability – his consciousness is, in fact, your consciousness. There are not two separate consciousnesses here (yours and a higher self) – just one consciousness trying to evolve its quality by playing a multiplayer virtual reality game as best he can and doing a little parallel processing on the side to meet the larger demands of existence (like eating pizza).

Could you have two computers going and be playing two characters at the same time? What if a friend came over who was really good at getting through a particular situation; would you get help? When your character slept, would you use your “dream spell” or OOBE spell to try to give him or her some insight or special experience that would help them level up sooner? Would you test him or her below the intellectual level to find out what is really under the hood (and to avoid the useless PMR ego based jibber jabber you would otherwise get) to determine what the best learning strategies might be? Well, you might if your own success depended on how much your character leveled up – i.e., if what you learned in the game leveled you up as well. After all that is what VR trainers are for. Do you see that your questions don’t make sense?

A character like Josh-guy is an imagined virtual being, a character in a chapter of a book generated by a rule-set that may or may not pop up again in subsequent chapters depending how useful he is to the story. In the real world there is only consciousness. The little man behind the curtain running the Josh-Guy character (providing the Joshguy’s character with consciousness and free will, is the real Josh – the character/personality (the suave debonair, cool guy) you are today in this particular chapter (experience packet) is just a creation of the VR trainer – a virtual wrapper for the IUOC to use in the trainer so that the IUOC can evolve more efficiently through the interactive experience of PMR. The only thing real and fundamental about Josh is Josh’s consciousness and that is effectively immortal. Josh, the personality, is a virtual being in an experience packet story that, if it happens to be productive, will be used over and over – a favorite persona. However other personas (male and female, grumpy and happy, bright and dull) are required at times to produce a more rounded experience base.

Obsessing over the immortality of some largely random, virtual personawrapper generated by the trainer’s rule-set for the consciousness to wear in one or more of ten thousand experience packets makes no sense. Do you obsess over the value of the wrappers your candy bars come in – do you save them all?

You need to identify with your consciousness, not your body, personality, sex, IQ, cool index, or quirky habits. Next time you birth a wrapper in which to learn, all that stuff will very likely be different – only the consciousness will be the same. The personality is not integral to the consciousness – it is in large part a function of your body – driven by your biochemistry and genetics and influenced by the experiences and interactions you just happened to have in this experience packet. The more you grow, the more your consciousness and personality become intertwined. Tom C (MBT Events resources forum 2.0)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:54 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Thanks - I have already posted the question again somewhere, but since Tom has already answered it that's fine. I'm a little surprised by what he said, because dogs seem to be capable of eating a very wide range of foods, and I'd heard somewhere or other that they can be omnivores.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:54 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Tom has often stated that we can not know whether the LCS is ultimately all that there is, or whether the LCS is perhaps a part of an even larger system of reality that incorporates the LCS itself.
But, if we can become aware of our situation within the LCS, and understand what our job is, then why shouldn't the LCS be able to become aware of whether it itself is a part of something bigger?
And if Tom is in contact with the LCS and able to ask it questions, why shouldn't he be able to ask the LCS what it knows about the situation? Tom might say that he could never verify whether the answer he got would be true or bogus. I still think it's worth hearing the answer.
The reason why I ask about this is because I get the feeling that the LCS, magnificent as it may be, is also being put through its paces, just like we are. Tom says that consciousness needs to evolve to stay alive, and if it doesn't evolve it regresses, just like us. It sounds like the LCS is subject to a rule set just like us.
Please comment.
Mario

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:15 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Is there an update on the Experiments? The CUSAC site's last update was 5/26/19 & it said that the first set of experiments should be done within a month - we would be past that point by now. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:24 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Tom has often stated that we can not know whether the LCS is ultimately all that there is, or whether the LCS is perhaps a part of an even larger system of reality that incorporates the LCS itself.
But, if we can become aware of our situation within the LCS, and understand what our job is, then why shouldn't the LCS be able to become aware of whether it itself is a part of something bigger?
And if Tom is in contact with the LCS and able to ask it questions, why shouldn't he be able to ask the LCS what it knows about the situation? Tom might say that he could never verify whether the answer he got would be true or bogus. I still think it's worth hearing the answer.
The reason why I ask about this is because I get the feeling that the LCS, magnificent as it may be, is also being put through its paces, just like we are. Tom says that consciousness needs to evolve to stay alive, and if it doesn't evolve it regresses, just like us. It sounds like the LCS is subject to a rule set just like us.
Please comment.
Mario
I think of the LCS as being the part of existence that is self aware. Existence is ultimately unbounded and infinite, there is no outside of it because non existence doesn’t exist.

You can ask the LCS yourself. Listen carefully and you’ll see the answer.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 990 posts ]  Go to page Previous 162 63 64 65 66