Return Home
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:36 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:27 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

When you first announced this event I thought it was just going to be a boring chat filled with irrelevant questions. How wrong I was. To my pleasant surprise this fireside chat turned out to be one of the most interesting so far. The questions were very original and uplifting in general.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:10 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

While Tom was in Frankfurt I talked with him regarding a second edition of the Youth Fireside Chat.

Tom agreed to go ahead with this plan and I have feedback from most of the participants of part 1 that they will join again.

If you are a teenager, read this and want to join the group then feel free to contact me at mbt@matrixwissen.de

The second Youth Fireside Chat is scheduled for:

Saturday, May 13, 2017
Starting Time: 21:00 UTC / 23:00 CEST (Germany) / 2pm PDT / 4pm CDT / 5pm EDT / 7am (following day) AEST

Best regards
Oliver

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:20 pm 

I'm actually twelve years old, and have been following Tom and his works since I was around ten or eleven. It really does interest me to think that this place is a virtual reality, and everything we see is an illusion. I heard a quote, once.

"Everything we perceive as being real, is made up of things that cannot be defined real".

It's such an amazing quote, and is so true.

I don't think my parents will let me go, though, which really sucks... :(

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:54 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Cowboy - it is a YouTube chat. You would only have to go to your computer. Watch the first one and talk to your parents.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:26 pm 

Ah, right. I didn't know that. I've actually talked to Oliver about this, and all seems good at the moment! :)

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 2:07 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Hello everybody,

we had our second Youth Fireside Chat yesterday and it was another really good session - despite only having 2 participants this time 8-(

For the early birds the podcast version was just released here as mp3 audio file:

https://fireside-podcast.matrixwissen.de

The video version still needs a bit of editing but it should be out on Tom's Youtube channel towards the end of this week.

Here are the time stamps for the questions:

(All questions came from 10-year-old Alexander and 12-year-old Kyle)

0:00:05 Introduction
0:00:35 Cryptids like Bigfoot or Slenderman - How do they fit into MBT?
0:05:50 Can we evolve and use other avatars than just a human body?
0:08:25 Can mediums communicate with the original consciousness of a deceased directly after death?
0:12:50 Is it possible to have any memories of a past life?
0:15:40 The "tree falling in the woods" example - Would it work the same for an animal
0:21:15 How does the Fibonacci sequence fit into MBT?
0:25:00 How does consciousness connect to our avatars?
0:29:15 Thoughts - can they be described as "a vector in linear space" as John Hagelin claims?
0:32:50 The computer game "No Man Sky" - Does Tom play computer games himself?
0:37:10 Will we create "real" virtual realities within our own virtual reality?
0:40:40 Is it possible to code consciousness?
0:43:10 Was Tom an atheist during his early years?
0:51:05 Is there an equivalent to the term "enlightenment" used in Buddhism within MBT?
0:53:50 Why were more people aware about reality being an illusion in the ancient past?
1:00:45 How is consciousness made?
1:05:05 Might our reality be a virtual reality or is it one? How much does Tom believe his own storyline?
1:09:45 Why do some scientists deny the behaviour of the double slit experiment?
1:15:50 Questioning Tom's model, changes to Tom's model over time
1:19:15 Tom's take on the "4th dimensional supersymmetric Yang-Mills theory"
1:24:00 Is it better to be open-minded or better to be skeptical?
1:25:30 Will it ever be possible for scientists to observe the pixels our reality is made of?
1:28:05 If the speed of light slowed down, would that effect the delta-t of our reality simulation?
1:34:55 Why are many people closed-minded and not interested in MBT-related topics?
1:42:40 Is the larger consciousness system just as conscious as we are?
1:44:20 Closing words, how did Kyle and Alexander get interested in MBT?
1:52:05 End of session

We are planning for a third edition of the Youth Fireside Chat probably around December of this year, so the offer for new participants from earlier postings in this thread still stands.

Best regards
Oliver

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:02 pm 

Great! Please check mail, looking forward to attend

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:44 pm 
Curator
Curator

Do you understand that these Q/A sessions are done over the Internet and no one 'attends'? This is the very kind of chat comments that should not be placed here.

Ted

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:57 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Do you understand that these Q/A sessions are done over the Internet and no one 'attends'? This is the very kind of chat comments that should not be placed here.

Ted
Attending does not have to be physical. You can attend to your thoughts, or you can distance yourself from them.

Moreover, if there is a given time and an address (be it physical, digital or NPMR address) that sets the definitive place of conjoining which would be defined by consciousnesses conjoining a meeting or the meeting being solitary - in this instance attending a meeting is very much viable whether it is held digitally (your avatar takes time to appear at a given time and at a specified address to make choices in acting through a computer).

Forums are very lenient with that ; ) But if you respond to a thread that was supposed to have everything in place by May 29th to make it into the "answer portion" and you show up with your question on June 23rd after the "answering" already was completed, you indeed did not attend the Q&A session, but showed up late.

Love You Ted,
HJK

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:32 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Attending does not have to be physical. You can attend to your thoughts, or you can distance yourself from them.
Huh? This makes no sense.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:14 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Quote:
Huh? This makes no sense.
For example, in meditation you try to not pay attention to running thoughts and the "monkey mind" in general, or letting it flow in the background without focusing on thoughts. I might have fumbled my phrasing of this concept by referring to it as "not attending to your thoughts" in any event, paying attention to your thoughts is not really a "physical" action.

Please excuse my rambling ; )

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:22 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

This is in reference to Tom's YouTube series with teenagers. Teenagers participate through Skype. How else can you participate other than something like Skype? Not with meditation.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:41 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Hello everybody,

in a little over 2 weeks we will have the next Youth Fireside Chat for teenagers interested in Tom's MBT theory. We do not have many participants for these sessions so if you are a teenager, read this and want to join the group then feel free to contact me at mbt@matrixwissen.de

We should have Alexander and Kyle back from the last edition as well as one new participant, Isabella, the younger sister of Nicolas who participated in the first Youth Fireside Chat.

The third Youth Fireside Chat is scheduled for:

Saturday, December 16, 2017
Starting Time: 21:00 UTC & UK / 22:00 CET (Germany) / 1pm PST / 3pm CST / 4pm EST / 8am (Sunday morning in Australia) AEDT

Best regards
Oliver

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:11 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Hello everybody,

since we only had 2 participants in the last Youth Fireside Chat I would really like to find one or two new participants for the next Youth session with teenagers interested in Tom's MBT theory.

If you are a teenager and want to join the group contact me at mbt@matrixwissen.de

This time I'm announcing the next session several months ahead so we have a better chance to find new participants

The fourth Youth Fireside Chat is scheduled for:

Saturday, December 8, 2018
Starting Time: 21:00 UTC & UK / 22:00 CET (Germany) / 1pm PST / 3pm CST / 4pm EST / 8am (Sunday morning in Australia) AEDT

(It was originally planned for December 15 but recently we had to shift the date...)

Best regards
Oliver

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:43 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Since there were only 2 participants registered for the Youth Fireside Chat planned for December 8 and one of them had to cancel his participation for personal reasons, we had to reschedule the Youth Fireside Chat to 2019.

The Youth Fireside Chat will be rescheduled to

Saturday, February 16 2019

Best regards
Oliver