Return Home
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:41 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:58 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Hello everybody,

we have not released the video from the January 2018 Fireside Chat since there were so many technical issues in that session that we decided to temporary postpone the editing and with all the new Fireside Chats in the editing pipe it has been sitting on the shelf since.

I decided to release an audio-only version of it, since it actually contained several really interesting questions. Even without video it is worth listening to. The usable part of the session was less than 2 hours so the recording is shorter than usual and I simply put it all in one file and did not split it into parts.

Here are the time stamps for the questions:

0:00:10 The origins of time - Did time always exist or how could time ever begin?
0:08:55 Being empathic - How can right-brain people better deal with receiving (unwanted) information from others?
0:15:40 Hearing other people's thoughts - hearing words versus getting the message in metaphors
0:20:25 Dealing with issue in dreams versus dealing with them in a meditation
0:23:00 Psychedelic drugs - What are these entities and worlds we experience on DMT? Upsides and downsides
0:36:15 Coincidence experiences - What do they want to tell me?
0:43:25 Strange things happening in life, control versus letting things be
0:49:40 Two steps forward, one step back - Being afraid to make mistakes
0:55:55 Learning from non-physical entities in other - more evolved - reality frames
1:04:05 Divine intervention - Is the LCS intervening in "random draws" determining future events
1:06:35 New therapies like gene editing curing diseases - Is this hindering people to learn from their illness?
1:10:30 Influence of strong religious beliefs on what we experience after death
1:14:00 Connecting with artwork - Experiencing the artist feelings while looking at his painting - How does this work?
1:17:10 Sharing of information and (not) being ready for the truth - Mass change on a global level
1:26:50 Authors writing stories which are helpful for the evolution of consciousness
1:31:30 Preparing oneself for Tom's Immersive Workshop
1:37:05 Tom's diet and general exercise
1:40:15 Are there things that are neither conscious nor aware? Do plants still have subjective experience?
1:53:00 New MBT power breathing video - What is that about?

The audio file can be listened to either on my website:

https://www.matrixwissen.de/index.php?o ... Itemid=882

or on the Fireside Chat podcast server:

https://fireside-podcast.matrixwissen.de

A small additional hint: As of writing this on November 8th, there have been only 9 donations for the Fireside Chats during all of 2018 which is a significant drop compared to 2016 and 2017. If you enjoy these recordings, it would be appreciated if you chipped in with a few bucks to cover the costs for the server we use to record these sessions and to also host the podcast recordings. After the technical difficulties of this session I decided to give the server another upgrade and the problems we had in this session have been fixed by that but still it increased the costs even more.

So if you like the Fireside Chats, here is a link where you find some information on how to make a small donation:

https://www.tom-campbell.de/fsc-donate

Thank you
Oliver

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:04 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

There are good subjects in this one, glad you didn't throw it away!

Do you rely 100% on donations, or does Tom have monetization enabled for his YouTube videos? I hope he has, since his 6,000,000+ total video views could've generated at the very least $6,000. Otherwise it's never too late to enable it for all videos, except for those if any with copyrighted third party material (such as music).

YouTube already shows their own advertisements before/on your videos by default. By enabling monetization you simply tell YouTube to share 50% of the money they make from your content. It should be very easy to enable it on such a popular and old channel.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:49 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Hi BlackMind,

Just to clarify: If you do not enable monetization on Youtube then Youtube does not show any ads on your videos. Fortunately they have stuck to that policy so far, it is only when you enable monetization that ads are shown and when they are shown, the profits are shared between Youtube and the content creator.

Tom is not using monetization on his Youtube channel, neither do I on my Youtube channel or on my websites. I can only speak for myself but I don't think it works well to mix consciousness raising content with advertisements. These ads often interrupt the playback of the monetized video multiple times and these repeated interruptions really pull you out of a higher state of consciousness. That just does not feel right for me and I never applied for Youtube's ads program for that reason. I'm pretty sure the same reasoning applies for Tom.

I guess you're right if we enabled ads we would not have to ask for these donations but I perfer to keep my Youtube and my website ads free and just hope somehow it works out financially. Sometimes it seems to require a little flag waving to make it work, because this year it didn't work so far but Donna made a remark on donations in the Fireside Chat that will be released in December and I hope that will turn things around for the 2018 budget ;-)

Best regards
Oliver

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Unfortunately someone is adding adds to some of Tom's videos. But he isn't getting the money for it.

Like this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AihD2__gKE

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:56 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Yes if you are using copyrighted content in one of your videos - like the music used in that particular video on Tom's channel you linked to - then the copyright holder can enable ads even on a channel that is ad free and not monetized. I also have that for one of my own Youtube video which has over 331.000 views. It is kind of unfair that I invested a lot of time to create a German translation for an English video to make it available to people who don't speak English and then someone else earns money from my work but that's the way Youtube has setup their business model...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:48 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:

A small additional hint: As of writing this on November 8th, there have been only 9 donations for the Fireside Chats during all of 2018 which is a significant drop compared to 2016 and 2017. If you enjoy these recordings, it would be appreciated if you chipped in with a few bucks to cover the costs for the server we use to record these sessions and to also host the podcast recordings. After the technical difficulties of this session I decided to give the server another upgrade and the problems we had in this session have been fixed by that but still it increased the costs even more.

So if you like the Fireside Chats, here is a link where you find some information on how to make a small donation:

https://www.tom-campbell.de/fsc-donate

Thank you
Oliver
Done

FunIUOC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:02 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

If you and Tom are disabling monetization because ads disturb the quality of experience, make sure to additionally turn off ads in your channel settings. I remember this from back when I had a channel myself - they've made sure to hide that option somewhere in the general channel settings pages, and it's turned on by default.

See this: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2475463?hl=en

"If you believe ads are inappropriate for your videos, you can opt out of displaying ads from your Video Manager or from your Channel Settings page, by deselecting the radio button next to "Allow advertisements to be displayed alongside my videos"."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:32 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Quote:
If you and Tom are disabling monetization because ads disturb the quality of experience, make sure to additionally turn off ads in your channel settings. I remember this from back when I had a channel myself - they've made sure to hide that option somewhere in the general channel settings pages, and it's turned on by default.

See this: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2475463?hl=en

"If you believe ads are inappropriate for your videos, you can opt out of displaying ads from your Video Manager or from your Channel Settings page, by deselecting the radio button next to "Allow advertisements to be displayed alongside my videos"."
I'm pretty sure Tom did the same I did: We both never applied for monetization so there is no switch that could be turned off. That only comes into existance once you apply for their ads program and become a "Youtube partner".

The option to mark your own videos as inappropriate for ads only exist if you can monetize them yourself so if you are a partner already and are willing to resign from any financial revenue. If the monetization happens due a copyright infringement like in the video on Tom's channel that Sainbury mentioned, there is no such switch. I guess for the simple reason that everybody would immediately flag their own content as inappropriate to stop the original content owner from showing ads on their channel. I would if I could ;-)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:10 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Doing a Google search I found this:

If you are seeing YouTube Ads on your video, then it's likely you have YouTube Video Monetization turned on.
To disable YouTube Monetization on:
All videos - simply visit Youtube Account Monetization then click "Disable Monetization"
https://www.youtube.com/account_monetization

I don't know if this will work for you or not.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I just remember that even with monetization disabled, there still was an option in the channel settings to disable ads for my videos - and that was turned on by default.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:23 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Quote:
I just remember that even with monetization disabled, there still was an option in the channel settings to disable ads for my videos - and that was turned on by default.
I checked again but I don't see any such option. On the other hand I have no ads on any of my videos anyway, it is just that video which has a copyright claim where it says something like "monetized by the copyright holder" and on that video there are ads and I can not turn them off. I can only appeal the copyright claim but I'm not sure I want to do that. I have received permission to use the footage from the owner in an email before I started the translation project but I think that after the video became so extremely popular the owner wanted to make money from it and enabled the ads.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:48 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Proof of permission would be enough for an appeal, if you don't want those ads to disturb the content.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:19 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

deleted (wrong thread -- woops!)