All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:16 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:37 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Fantastic video, question.

Tom talks so much of people not feeling worthy and most test both in PMR and dreams are checking where we are in terms of self worth.

How can I help others improving in this area ?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:52 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:

Tom talks so much of people not feeling worthy and most test both in PMR and dreams are checking where we are in terms of self worth.

I have found you just be the person you wish to see and the other person who is struggling can either take notice or choose to be the same. If you are making a profession out of it you will need to do all the paperwork to be accredited and then give them learned tips and direction within your professional boundaries.
Otherwise telling people how they should be or act just doesn't work in my experience. The more you see this the more you let them dwell in their misery. They will figure it out if you are always ok and they are not.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:58 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Quote:

I have found you just be the person you wish to see and the other person who is struggling can either take notice or choose to be the same. If you are making a profession out of it you will need to do all the paperwork to be accredited and then give them learned tips and direction within your professional boundaries.
Otherwise telling people how they should be or act just doesn't work in my experience. The more you see this the more you let them dwell in their misery. They will figure it out if you are always ok and they are not.
I agree with you. In addition, based on my experience and research, once you "pull yourself up by the bootstraps", have gotten your own 'house in order', and 'changed your human focus from such concepts of consciousness' reality and clarity changes. The next choice is to develop the tools to inspire and influence consciousness to lower its entropy. Beware of 'maya'. Be noble. Understanding the depth of fear that is embedded in humankind is relevant to the successful transmutation of consciousness. IMHO.

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."~Lao Tzu

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:59 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
The next choice is to develop the tools to inspire and influence consciousness to lower its entropy.
I don't know what you mean by that.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:19 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Quote:
The next choice is to develop the tools to inspire and influence consciousness to lower its entropy.
I don't know what you mean by that.
Is it unreasonable to conclude that Tom has developed the tools and made the choice to inspire and influence consciousness to lower its entropy?

Edit

Last edited by Jdjr on Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:01 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I guess what confuses me is you say consciousness, and I don't know if you mean an FWAU or the LCS. Consciousness is a very broad term.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:26 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I guess what confuses me is you say consciousness, and I don't know if you mean an FWAU or the LCS. Consciousness is a very broad term.
My response was specific to the theme of the thread as relates to mooki's query. When Tom speaks to Foad in the video, is he not influencing a high entropy fragment of consciousness-essentially consciousness?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:37 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Quote:
My response was specific to the theme of the thread as relates to mooki's query. When Tom speaks to Foad in the video, is he not influencing a high entropy fragment of consciousness-essentially consciousness?
I'll have to think about how to better articulate a response.

Last edited by RBM on Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:24 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Inspiration is cheap just like words. It takes someone who is ready to take the inspiration and really change for any words to make a difference. Change is harder than just inspiration. It takes real courage to look at yourself and work on your fears and belief. And it is a long process with a lot of ups and downs. There is no straight line up in consciousness evolution.

Any FWAU/IUOC is not a representation of all consciousness. And that is what had me confused about your statement. An FWAU is a fragment of a portion of consciousness. And IUOC does not represent the QoC of all consciousness and they are not interchangeable.

How can you help others improve other's self-worth? Be kind. It is just that simple. I remember an incident once when I was working retail. I was checking out a woman who had gorgeous hair. And when I complimented her on her hair she burst into tears. She had been having a terrible day and she said that was the first nice thing that had happened to her. A simple kindness can mean so much.

Last edited by Sainbury on Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:10 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Inspiration is cheap just like words. It takes someone who is ready to take the inspiration and really change for any words to make a difference. Change is harder than just inspiration. It takes real courage to look at yourself and work on your fears and belief. And it is a long process with a lot of ups and downs. There is no straight line up in consciousness evolution.

Any FWAU/IUOC is not a representation of all consciousness. And that is what had me confused about your statement. An FWAU is a fragment of a portion of consciousness. And IUOC does not represent the QoC of all consciousness and they are not interchangeable.

How can you help others improve other's self-worth? Be kind. It is just that simple. I remember an incident once when I was working retail. I was checking out a woman who had gorgeous hair. And when I complimented her on her hair she burst into tears. She had been having a terrible day and she said that was the first nice thing that had happened to her. A simple kindness can mean so much.
Your personal opinion is noted and to the extent that it is related to my post, I respectively disagree.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:20 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

What are you disagreeing with?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:13 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
What are you disagreeing with?
Linda, you have stated your position. I stand by mine. No disrespect intended, let the record speak for itself.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:58 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Foad and his exchange with Tom has been a learning experience, for me. I thank his willingness to make his conversation with Tom, public.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:50 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I have found you just be the person you wish to see and the other person who is struggling can either take notice or choose to be the same.
Quote:
They will figure it out if you are always ok and they are not.
Man, this is terrible advice as a blanket solution to the slew of problems one can face in this PMR.

Quote:
If Foad is not a high entropy fragment of consciousness pursuant to the MBT model, then what pray tell is he?
You can't know for sure someone's QoC from how you perceived one particular video in a particular instance in a particular experience packet.