Return Home
It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:58 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Austin Lecture
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:34 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

As one who was there I can tell you it was a great workshop and experience. I was also at the Friday night lecture as well. Even though I hadn't finished the book before attending, hearing your lecture 2x was very helpful in "getting" the book more clearly. It was a pleasure meeting you and spending all day Saturday listening to you speak.

I have 2 questions after absorbing all of the material in the lectures. The first question is in relation to the difference between oobe and what you referred to as shifting your awareness to different reality streams. I get your description of an obe as leaving the house with no windows and being able to walk around and see in your back yard. You describe shifting awareness to a different reality stream as essentially being open to experiencing everything outside of your yard. But what is the difference between an oobe experience and shifting awareness to a different reality data stream? Is there a difference in how each is accessed? If not then how do you go from being able to obe to beig able to access different reality data streams? My assumption would be that it lies within your intent. But as I have never done either of these I am having trouble understanding why you would only want to hang out in the backyard instead of traveling the world?

Thanks again for a great weekend of learning and expansion of my mind. I would be interested in a copy of the dvd's for sure.

Post subject: Re: Austin Lecture
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:56 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Madhornet,

I am glad attending the Austin lectures is not the reason you became a mad hornet.

The difference between OOBE and exploring the larger reality is only belief and intent. What is generally thought of as the OOBE reality frame is a subset of the larger reality just like PMR is a subset of the larger reality.

All explorations beyond PMR are attained by focusing your intent to realize or accept data from data-streams that are different from the PMR data-stream.

The OOBE is limited Because of limiting beliefs and limitations of individual imagination and understanding.

One's intent must seek out the data bounded by a specific rule-set that describes a particular reality frame.

Because your consciousness can only follow your intent, exploring the larger reality is something like being in the greatest of great libraries, where you must tell the librarians what you want and they bring it to you, and not realizing that this great library could possibly contain anything other than romance novels because that is the only type of book you have ever seen or heard about. The only picture that many individuals have of the larger reality is from reading about the personal, and thus limited interpretations of data others have experienced and then translated into PMR sense data according to the best pattern match they could find in their own database of PMR experience. Believing these interpretations to be facts rather than symbols and metaphors limited by their own experience, they share their experiences of OOBE, or dreaming, or lucid dreaming -- or perhaps religious experiences or drug experiences as accurate descriptions of the larger reality. All of these sources together are probably no more inclusive of the larger reality than romance novels are of all books. The actual larger reality exists to us only as information/data (what we have been calling virtual reality) and is not limited in any way by some confused observers ability to pattern match it to their PMR experience-base.

To get to a reality frame that you have never heard of you must:
1) be sent/led/taken by someone who does know.
2) Have contact with someone who has been there or knows of it -- or knows someone who knows of it.
In other words you must link through another's consciousness.

This is normal enough. I and others use this process all the time. For example, if your friend Joe tells you that he knows somebody that needs your healing help. Any time later, if you want to go to that person you simply direct your intent to "that person Joe told me about" while remembering the instance of Joe telling you. That provides a unique address to that person since there is only one specific person on the planet that Joe was referring to when he said that to you. You don't need pictures, addresses, names, or a lock of hair - the link through Joe's consciousness is sufficient whether or not Joe is still alive in PMR - it's all in the database (which is what you are really using anyway).

However, the point is, if you do not understand the nature of reality and think NPR is just a funky PMR (standard belief and assumption) you go about exploring NPMR like you would go about exploring Central Park, or the Grand Canyon. You believe everything in NPMR must be continuous and contiguous because in PMR space and reality seem continuous and contiguous and your limited understanding cannot imagine that it could be any other way. That belief limits you to your back yard - or in a different analogy, to romance novels. To leave the OOBE reality you need to take a discontinuous jump to another frame just like you had to make a discontinuous jump from the PMR frame to the OOBE frame (even though your awareness is continuous throughout the jump). You might say that you have to go out of your out of body body, but that terminology just confuses the issue even more - it's about consciousness, not bodies. You can make the jump directly from PMR to any other frame for which you have access to a unique address.

It is really simpler than it sounds - much easier to do than it is to explain. I hope I have answered your question and not just confused you.

Tom C

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:31 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Tom
You can make the jump directly from PMR to any other frame for which you have access to a unique address.

It is really simpler than it sounds - much easier to do than it is to explain. I hope I have answered your question and not just confused you.
To me this sounds like practice, practice , more practice and the experience of practice is the teacher.
A bit like looking at one of those 3d pictures http://gongpro.com/mitten/images/bunny.jpg once you "get it" you've "got it " :-)

Thanks,
Peter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:21 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Tom -

Thank you for your detailed reply, the answer was right on target and I understand what you are saying. I have another question if you dont mind. In your lecture you said using "tools" like hemi-sync are good ways to get started but that they are not necessary and are limiting, like using training wheels to learn how to ride a bike. I have been using the hemi-sync "training wheels" for about 8 months or so now. How do you know when it is time to take off the training wheels and start practicing without using the hemi-sync or other tools?

Peter -

I think you are right about the practice, practice and more practice to be able to "get it".

Back to practice I go. =)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:28 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Mad Hornet.

From experience, try meditating and recreating the same experience as hemi-sync from memory and practice. When you can get the same results, then its time to move forward to the next lesson. I think you'll find it easier than you think. Kind of like those 3D pictures that you look at for a while and suddenly you can see it. After that its not hard to do again. Same kind of learning.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

MadHornet,

Stroker is right -- it is time to take off the training wheels when you no longer need them. Also, it is time when the progression of your skills and understanding slows down or stops. If you feel you have outgrown hemi-sync, and go off on your own for a while, you should occasionally go back to it just to become aware of the difference. That way you won't be fooling yourself and will have a better appreciation for what you are accomplishing on your own.

Tom C

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:04 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Question:
Are you calling hemi-syncs to DVDs or CDs recorded for meditation?... right?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:13 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nelly,

I don't understand your question. Hemi-sync is a binaural beat technology patented by The Monroe Institute (TMI) to entrain brainwaves to a 4 Hz theta oscillation. it imposes an altered state similar to a meditation state. The TMI products have many specialized functions -- one is facilitating OOBE. It is implanted within the sound track of any number of offerings from TMI (usually tapes or CD or DVDs)

Tom C

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Nelly,

I don't understand your question. Hemi-sync is a binaural beat technology patented by The Monroe Institute (TMI) to entrain brainwaves to a 4 Hz theta oscillation. it imposes an altered state similar to a meditation state. The TMI products have many specialized functions -- one is facilitating OOBE. It is implanted within the sound track of any number of offerings from TMI (usually tapes or CD or DVDs)

Tom C

Yes, I found a link for the above, thanks for the prompt answer anyway.
Here is the link : http://hemisyncforyou.com/applications/ ... ducts.html

Tom...as an aside note... I would really like some help , Is this a good time to send you a pm? or should I wait, I don't know how busy you are at the moment.
Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:22 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Thank you all for your answers and suggestions. I have been thinking for a while that it is time to take off the training wheels. I have practiced the same "procedures" as the guided hemi-sync excercises in bed at night before I go to sleep for 4-5 months. I have been practicing being able to get to the same "place" without the headphones. I have done it many times now (although not every time) and any of the few "outside this PMR" experiences that I have had have happened while doing my excercises without hemi-sync and/or just being able to get into deep relaxation such as one time during a massage.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:02 pm 

I just wanted to report that I truly was enlightened by the Austin lecture. I drove 2.5 hours to the lecture upon the faith and recommendation of a friend. I knew very little about Thomas Campbell. I had scanned this site and knew that his work resonated with me. But I didn't know just how much until the lecture.

The books are positively invigorating. I've shared tidbits with friends and family and anyone who will listen. What I really love is that a man of science is putting words and empirical data to experiences that have generally been discussed only from a spiritual angle. This approach has a broader appeal and may help spread the ideas that are so important for our evolution.

My only wish is that the lecture could be an actual class/series because it is just so much to absorb, even through the books.

Thank you TC for coming to Texas and for the curiosity that led you to discovery and the compassion that led you to sharing.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:22 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Leigh Ann. I enjoyed the link to your website. It is good work that you do. Welcome.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:15 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
My only wish is that the lecture could be an actual class/series because it is just so much to absorb, even through the books.
Hi Leighann

Nice to see you here, welcome. My current wish, although not my only by any means ;), is that Tom would be able to create a book on tape (CD) of him reading the trilogy. I have no clue if he has any desire to do this, but I do know that PMR requirements need to be met to allow this to happen. I am supporting my wish with my desire for this "thing" (MBT on CD) by sending it out into existence in thought, and a small bit of action towards freeing up some of his time, possibly, with some information I shared with him about a call for data recently.

Do you use tools such as Hemi-Sync in your work? Nice music on your home page, bty.

Love
Bette

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:54 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Bette: My current wish, although not my only by any means ;), is that Tom would be able to create a book on tape (CD) of him reading the trilogy.
Yes that is my wish too Bette:-) I think it would become available to many many more who would never read the books.

Peter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:38 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

They say great minds think alike ;).

Love
Bette