Return Home
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:32 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:36 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tom is giving an all day Saturday workshop in Austin TX on Nov 8, 2008.

Friday, November 7 at 7:00-9:00 pm Lecture and book signing at First Unitarian Universalist Church 4700 Grover Ave. Austin

Other events: a radio interview on KOOP (91.7 FM or streaming online at http://koop.org/) on Weds., November 5th from 6:00 to 7:00 pm CST, as well as a talk and book-signing at Book People, 603 N. Lamar Blvd. on Thursday, Nov. 6th at 7:00 pm.

Take a look at the flyer for details: http://www.mybigtoe.com/WorkshopFlyer.pdf (click back arrow to return)

Austin Workshop (11/8/08) - Tentative Agenda & Schedule

8:30am to 10:00am - Intro + The Fundamentals of Reality
Consciousness, and the Nature of Existence - The Physics of Metaphysics

10am to 10:15 -- break

10:15am to 11:30 - The Fundamentals of Reality

11:30 am to 12:00pm - Open Questions

12:00 to 1:30 -- Lunch

1:30 pm to 2:30pm - Experiencing The Larger Reality
Metaphors and symbols -- OOBE, Lucid Dreams, Remote Viewing, Precognitive Dreams, Parallel Realities, Communication with Non-Physical beings - Psychotropic Drugs, Experiencing the Past and Future, etc.

2:30 pm to 3:00pm - Open Questions

3:00 to 3:15 - Break

3:15 to 4:30 - Accessing the larger reality
How to Gain Personal Experience In Reality Frames Other Than This One
Beliefs and Expectations -- Eliminating what is holding you back -- Out of Body/Out of Mind, Making Contact, Dealing with Fear and Negative Beings- Staying Balanced - Future Events and fear. Healing Self and Others. Interfering with Other's Free Will. Dealing with an Obsessive Connection to (perspective of) PMR, and Being a Good Citizen of the Larger Reality

4:30 to 4:55 - Open Questions

4:55 to 5:00 - Closing Remarks

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:11 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hello Tom,

I am eager to see you in this new lecture. It will be very interesting to see the video once it has been released. Will some of the input you receive from us here in the discussion groups be implicitly shown in the topics you expound? It would be pretty amazing watching the lecture and thinking "hey! That which he has just said was from a thread we discussed in the MBT forum!" :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:19 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quamta: Will some of the input you receive from us here in the discussion groups be implicitly shown in the topics you expound?

Yes, in fact you may even recognize some text/words that have been lifted, word for word (from my posts) out of these discussion groups.

Tom C

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:38 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Tom:
How did the lecture go? Did the video/audio get recorded properly? I can't wait for you guys to turn it into a DVD like you did with the previous lecture.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:00 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Josh M,

The lecture and workshop went very well, thank you. There were video guys with three cameras going throughout. The quality and comprehensiveness is unknown at this point -- There is no indication that anything went wrong, so I expect the result will be good. In a month or two we'll know what they captured and the quality with which the three cameras were edited together.

As before, I intend to put it on YouTube and sell sets on the web site (the whole thing is about 9 to 10 hours worth -- 5 DVD's sounds like a lot -- don't know how I am going to break that up yet). My mind might change once I see what I've got, but that is plan A. It is going to take a while. I will get it out as soon as I can.

Tom C

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:17 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

All,

Austin Slides Now available:

Download the slides given at the free Lecture Friday Evening:
http://www.mybigtoe.com/Austin_Workshop ... vening.pdf

Download the slides given at the all day Saturday Workshop:
http://www.mybigtoe.com/Austin_Workshop ... turday.pdf

Use the back arrow to return.

Tom C

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:20 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Tom,

it will be great to watch the video when it's available. 9-10 hours! Wow, that's amazing, the longer it is the more I will enjoy watching it, there surely will be plenty of interesting information there.

If you are looking forward compressing all the video in MPEG-2 with DVD quality, I guess that you are okay and 5 DVDs would be needed. However, if you encoded it as an AVI with the divx or xvid codec it could all fit in a single DVD with decent quality; bear in mind that, the very nature of the image (i.e. every photogram is very similar to the photogram before and after and a big part of the screen remains almost static with few changes) is ideal for compressing huge amounts of information in a minimal space, without noticeable loss of quality. In one DVD there's enough space to compress the video at about 795 kbps and the audio at 160 kbps. On second thought, in an action movie the image wouldn't be perfect, but the lecture might look much better. In any case, you can always split the whole thing into 2 DVDs, which would be guaranteed to look OK, plus with the divx or xvid format the files could be played in PDAs, mobile phones, etc. as well.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:46 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quamta,

My knowledge and skill at video editing and authoring is extremely limited. Compatibility with the base of existing equipment in people's homes is important. I am hoping that the guys doing the video in Austin will provide a good finished product -- last time that didn't work out. If they do, it will be up on the site and available quickly.

Tom

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:36 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I cant wait for these videos. I'll be buying them for sure!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Remember if we want them bad, we will get them bad.
And, the worse we want them, the worse we will get them.

Some deep thoughts from being a procurement engineer, to make one laugh.

Love
Bette

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:42 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Hi everybody,

For those of you that are not aware of this, Austin is the third coast with New York and LA being the other two.
The production crew was assembled out of professionals who work on movie productions.
Trey Cartwright handled the lead camera http://www.birdsonfire.com/ and S. A. handled all the
audio, in house pa and recording, under the pseudonym Stan Neuvo he is credited for audio on some of the biggest
video game titles in the past 10 years, you can IMDb them both. In short these guys are professionals.
There where 3 camera angles, lighting, production assistants and lots of wires.
So all in all within the boundaries what they had to work with, it's going to be nice.
Turning two different halls into movie sets would have been very distracting so Tom got most of the lighting
where the participants who asked questions got just enough. There where several redundant audio feeds for
just in case. At the end Tom's microphone battery died but that was because the seminar was going over the
allotted time, that's just for a few minutes and other microphones picked him up so there will be a brief
audio shift at the very end. If the hall was not booked by another group we would have stayed longer, nobody
wanted to leave and somebody suggested that can move the workshop out to the parking lot.
So there is a lot of cutting and editing to do so send them good vibes!

Hope this contributes in keeping everybody in the loop.

ubik

Last edited by ubik on Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:10 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Hi
Has anyone else had problems opening the Austin slides? Using XP, I've tried Explorer and Firefox with Adobe Reader 7 and Acrobat 6. Every time, Reader or Acrobat 'encountered a problem' and exits. It makes no difference whether I'm logged in or not.
Monty

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:13 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey ubik, what is the significance of of the tricoastal reference, is Tom planning on coming to LA? Thanks.

Monty,
They both opened fine for me, hope you can get them to open for you. I have XP.

Love
Bette

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:24 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Had the same problem with the slides. I downloaded them to my computer and opened them there (don`t open in browser but in explorer).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:09 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Thanks, Quantum. I passed on 'save link', because I'm too literal-minded to realize it means 'save linked file'.
Monty