Return Home
It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:19 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:25 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

After much careful consideration, reviewing the data regarding Tom's book sales and based on current interest and feedback from Tom's valued readers and forum members, MBT Events is pleased to announce the following proposed workshops for 2010:

Campbell, California - February 20/21

Irvine, California - February 27/28

New York, New York - April 24/25

Columbus, Ohio - May 1/2

Seattle, Washington - August (Exact dates to be confirmed)

Orlando, Florida - October (Exact dates to be confirmed)

We have also tried to ensure that everyone, no matter where they are in the country, can make it to a workshop relatively easy.

Please note that these workshops will differ in content and presentation to the workshops being offered this year in Canada and the UK.

Further information will be added to our Upcoming Events page and posted on Tom's forum as it becomes available.

In the meantime, if you have any suggestions regarding a workshop or would like to get involved with one of them them in any way, no matter how small, we would love to hear from you.

Please visit our site (http://www.mbtevents.com)regularly for updates or email to join our mailing list.

We will be in touch with some of you in the very near future to discuss these workshops in more detail!

Thank you,

Keith and Donna
MBT Events

Last edited by Keith at MBT Events on Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:36 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I could just jump up and down I'm so happy, Irvine in 2010, it's a date.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:39 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I think, Campbell, California. It is 15 miles from where my son lives.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:32 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

It's great to see all of these events lined up.. awesome work Keith et al.

Between this increased (in person) exposure and the professional video work of Mike & April - Tom's work will soon reach many, many more people.

Good job all!

Carle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:40 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Campbell California?

Hmm, I wonder if Tom Campbell was bias in selecting this city based on the name alone? Hehe...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:43 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Actually, it wasn't Tom at all that came up with the idea of Campbell in Campbell.

We did consider bringing Tom only to towns or cities with Campbell in the title in 2010.

There are Campbell's in Wisconsin and New York, a Campbelltown in Pennsylvania, a Campbellville in both Pennsylvania and Ontario Canada, and a Campbellsville in Kentucky to name but a few.

Might have been very interesting...........

Keith

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:46 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Several people have asked us what our reasoning was behind choosing New York City for a workshop, since it is an expensive city in which to find accommodation.

We have given a lot of thought to the possible location for the New York workshop. New York City itself hasn't yet been confirmed, so the workshop may very well be just outside the city. New Jersey is a very sensible suggestion. Tom's book sales for New York, however, are predominantly from the five boroughs. Upstate New York was ruled out for this reason. New Yorkers do not generally travel far out of the city because very often, they do not have transport. Also, upstate New Yorkers may not like going into New York, and can get to the Toronto workshop in August much easier. Ron C is currently looking at the options on Long Island for us, and for those of you who are familiar with bidding on Priceline, Manhattan itself does not actually have to work out as expensive as you think. We have successfuly bid on 4* hotels in the mid town region several times and have got a hotel for as little as $89 a night. Point of note for those coming to the London workshop, you can bid on Priceline and get a 4* hotel in the Kensington or Bloomsbury areas right now for under $100. You can see probable hotels and winning bids at http://www.betterbidding.com or http://www.biddingfortravel.com.

So, that's our thinking on the subject. If any of you out there have any suggestions or know someone with a meeting room just waiting to be used, let us know.

Thanks, as always, to all the members of the forum for their suggestions and comments.

Keith and Donna

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:39 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

How many usually attend, on average?
Love
Bette