Return Home
It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:23 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:43 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Did I get anyone excited? :)

Hey Tom and Keith, have you ever thought about doing a podcast?

Tom is a great speaker and listener, and Keith has a great accent for radio or audio.

You can post them for free on iTunes, all podcasts are free on itunes.
It can be audio, audio with slides, video, etc.
You can post them whenever you wish. Weekly, monthly, randomly.
They can be as short or long as you wish.
You can do them anywhere, from your home, or on the road, another reality! (heh heh)
Whenever you update all subscribers will automatically download the update next time they open itunes.

One idea i had, was weekly or monthly 60 min phone in show that accepts questions from live callers and also
allows the two of you to update listeners with the latest news, share stories and just have fun getting together on the
phone once a week or whenever to talk metaphysics, consciouness and spirituality.
It would be a good idea to have someone host the show with Tom. It is always better to be able to bounce
comments and ideas off of another person. Makes for more interesting and entertaining listening.

Anyway, i am sure everyone here on this forum would immediately subscribe and you could reach a much bigger audience
this way as well.

I am sure many of the forum members can contribute some great ideas for the format of the podcast.

Steve.

Last edited by Steve on Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:15 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Steve,

That's a great idea. We have been holed up with Tom in a secret location all weekend discussing workshops locations and what direction we could take the workshops in, or what other mediums we could investigate to reach a wider audience. Tele-conferencing and live video feeds of workshops were discussed, but funny enough, not podcasts. We will look into this further. Sounds exciting!

If any of you forum members out there have the technological savvy to make it happen, we would love to hear from you.

Keith and Donna
MBT Events

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:33 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

You should talk to the people who are involved with the documentary (Path Series) on Tom.
They already have hours of video footage and audio that can simply be edited into a great podcast series.
(then we could get to hear more of that 9 hour interview they did with Tom)

You could start the podcast as a lecture series, than move it towards a live call in show.

First thing to do is to explore the podcast selection on itunes to get a feel for what others are doing.
The spirituality section is pretty intensive.

The great thing about this is that it is so flexible and it is all FREE! Except the cost of internet.

Steve

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:50 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

MBT Events are already close friends with Mike and April at Path11 Productions, makers of the Path: Afterlife.

They filmed the Asheville workshop for Tom, and are currently editing and preparing it for release by the end of July 2009, so watch this space.

We are looking at how we can work closely with them in the future. We want to be creative in spreading the word about Tom, and are in constant contact with Path11, amongst others, on how best to do this.

The 9 hours of interview footage they got with Tom is destined to make it into one of their documentaries in the near future, only it is intended that this documentary will focus solely on Tom.

Keith

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:17 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

the New York Location is wonderful. But NYC?

I would figure just outside NYC in the surrounding Area would be best.
Accommodations etc would be a lot easier for everyone coming.

Just a thought to ponder for the powers that be. Somewhere Upstate NY or even NJ.

OM

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:42 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

We have given a lot of thought to the possible location for a New York workshop. New York City itself hasn't yet been confirmed, so the workshop may very well be just outside the city. New Jersey is a very sensible suggestion. Tom's book sales for New York, however, are predominantly from the five boroughs. Upstate New York was ruled out for this reason. New Yorkers do not generally travel far out of the city because very often, they do not have transport. Also, upstate New Yorkers may not like going into New York, and can get to the Toronto workshop in August much easier. Ron C is currently looking at the options on Long Island for us, and for those of you who are familiar with bidding on Priceline, Manhattan itself does not have to be expensive. We have been successful on 4* hotels in the mid town region on several times and have got a hotel for as little as $89 a night. Point of note for those coming to the London workshop, you can bid on Priceline and get a 4* hotel in the Kensington or Bloomsbury areas right now for under $100. You can see probable hotels and winning bids at http://www.betterbidding.com or http://www.biddingfortravel.com.

So, that's our thinking on the subject. If any of you out there have any suggestions or know someone with a meeting room just waiting to be used, let us know.

Thanks, as always, to all the members of the forum for their suggestions and comments.

Keith and Donna