Return Home
It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:39 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:38 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Haven't heard the interview yet, but having just sampled the psi-uncertainty passage (still new to most of this) Tom more or less predicts these sorts of reactions... irrational hostility and so on. Most folks either don't want to wake up or shouldn't, apparently... just not ready to climb out the egg yet. Tom's main target population has to be would be hatchlings and those recently hatched. And anyone truely of the establishment that understands even a glimmer of what Tom has to say understands deep in his marrow that the message and its bearer constitute the worst sort of anarchistic threat to the established order.

Too, in these days of weird chemistry in food, and a good deal of the population on SSRI drugs, and many folks stressing about money, zapping thier brains with microwave radiation all about, etc etc, I try to default, when confronted by suddenly weird behavior, to looking first at the possibilty that their system has taken some sort of hit, and that this is not the behavior that they would choose, given the ideal amount of timely poise to consider it.

Beyond all that, it strikes me that it would be a good strategy for authors in general to avoid all but the top class of interviewers, if one can get them. One George Noory interview is better than a hundred of sloppy go-rounds with these other piddle puppies (that "Voratio" character comes to mind here).

I assume that TC doesn't do this for money... he should be able to manifest whatever next thing he cares to with little fuss. So I further assume that he bothers at all simply to get his message out. Too, I suppose that he probably also has a disentropic subagenda in there too (and why not!). Given that, would it not be more effective to either 1) Be interviewed by persons of his choosing, and just smack the interviews into youtube and/or 2) Just create/present lectures, as one might for teaching a college course, and post those on youtube?

Remember: TC's message is not for most people. I'd bet less than 1% of the population have both the testicular fortitude and the spiritual capital to sit in on this game.... let alone sufficient freedom from PMR demands to give it any time/attention. Youtube is everywhere 24/7 and is a distinct advantage that way. The listener comes to the message rather than the other way around. Actually that was how I found my way to MBT matters myself. Something to think about at any rate.

-Montana

Last edited by Montana on Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:04 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Does anybody have a link to the interview? I wouldn't mind listening to an interview where the host was uncooperative with Tom.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:09 pm 
Curator
Curator

Montana,

Tom is definitely not doing this for the money and has not yet broken even with his books, as I understand it. Tom does not scan the future to pick and choose his course that way or to pick a venue to speak. He takes his chances like the rest of us. That is the way the system works.

There is a fantastic lot of energy and money invested in the status quo of all existing situations. Look at the health care reform problems. Everyone basically knows that the system is broken, is bankrupting the country, for individuals and as a whole, getting worse and that saying that we have the best health care system in the world is a lie. But they fight tooth and nail and tell all the lies in an effort to delay things until they can hopefully work out their own little accommodation or deal so they do not lose in the reform process. As an engineer with some knowledge of system dynamics, I can see that the present system is set up to reward the wrong behavior and fail to provide negative feedback for the wrong behavior as in incompetence and irresponsibility. So you pay for the wrong things and continue to get them at ever higher cost.

The science system also has a great deal invested in the status quo as well. I expect that someone will eventually come up with Tom's model by another path and 'proclaim victory', just like countries do in wars. But there will be some time yet, much more research money spent and dead ends followed before that time. Tom and I may not be here to see the day when he receives the credit that is his due. But you never know. In the meantime, he presents the information in the best ways and places he can find. If he had written an entertaining book, all warm and fuzzy, instead of a challenging book, all hard concepts and steep learning curve, he might be making big bucks off the talk circuit and on Oprah by now. But as a scientist, that is not his way. Someone must take the real step of telling it like it is and Tom was selected. Someone must do the hard jobs.

Ted

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:20 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Most folks either don't want to wake up or shouldn't, apparently... just not ready to climb out the egg yet. Tom's main target population has to be would be hatchlings and those recently hatched.
The name of one of the books I think of writing is, "Hatching the Cosmic Egg", so far it is just a WORD doc, funny you should mention this like that. You write well Montana.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:45 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Bette

We send out the full set of handouts to people who book to come to a workshop. We do also already recommend, as you suggested, that they watch as much of the available material as possible, with the video of the London Lecture being a must view to get a better understanding of the subject material.

Rob McConnell really was quite bad this time out, but Tom, as always, showed everyone exactly how it should be handled.

There is no such thing as a bad interview, just bad interviewers who do not know their stuff! This, I am afraid, was the perfect example. So what exactly went so wrong?

Keith

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:47 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Montana,
If he had written an entertaining book, all warm and fuzzy, instead of a challenging book, all hard concepts and steep learning curve, he might be making big bucks off the talk circuit and on Oprah by now. But as a scientist, that is not his way. Someone must take the real step of telling it like it is and Tom was selected. Someone must do the hard jobs.

Ted

I don't find MBT that hard to understand at all, but then again, I've read many books on quantum physics, which are EXTREMELY difficult to undrstand sometimes. I've often had to go back and read them a few times to grasp it. So far I'm in the middle of book 3, and this book doesn't seem any harder to grasp than Seth was.

With that said, you can't blame some people who just want to drive the car as opposed to wanting to know the mechanics and physics behind what makes the car run(which is what MBT provides).... With that said, I do think that for some people, it IS easier to progress spiritually if they know the "inner workings" behind it, but for others, they don't need to know that. ...

I don't know what to make of Rob at this point.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:25 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I've been thinking lately that hard core scientist types might think of MBT as warm and fuzzy, sort of like being talked down to perhaps, and that may disallow it to enter their reality.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:33 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I've been thinking lately that hard core scientist types might think of MBT as warm and fuzzy, sort of like being talked down to perhaps, and that may disallow it to enter their reality.
Love
Bette

It's funny you mentioned that Bette, because a friend of mine is like that. He's one of those hard core scientist skeptic types. He was over 2 weeks ago and I I had him listen to some of the interviews on "news for the soul" and and his comment to me was, "just more feel good and wishful thinking new age material".. Unfortunately he still felt that way even after the London Lecture on UTUBE. For some folks, if it's not measurable in the lab, then it's pseudoscience and new age bunk. Hopefully over the next few decades, this type of thinking will change, and least I'm crossing my fingers it will....

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:09 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ramon et al

Good comments. For a minute I thought it would be good if these were directed to Rob, but he simply wouldn't get it.
The comments on the bit of conversation that should have been off air said it all. They didn't havem a clue what they were talking about or whom Rob was talking to.

Montana- I think you have a gem of a statement in "The listener comes to the message rather than the other way around".
This is the way Tom must be found. He is in a class by himself. He doesn't fit within the New Age, physics, or academic philosophy groups, although many from these groups appreciate him.

In evaluating the best ways to advertise the workshops, we must acknowledge the most valuable resource Tom has for getting new people to attend these workshops are all of you here in this forum.

After several conversations, we have decided to look into producing an MBT Talk Radio Show, or possibly to begin with, a live teleconference for those who wish to discuss Tom's work and ask questions.
I think Keith's personality will lend well to organizing and hosting something like this, what do you all think?

Donna

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:50 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Donna,

Radio shows can be complicated and compromising.... they generally have to be shaped to fit a rigid time format. There's the pesky commericial interruptions. Many callers are not well outfitted to ask questions and so waste time with questions that are irrelevant, are already answered, or would be better answered elsewhere. Also, one keeps the company of god-knows-what-else on that particular venue or radio station. Hayhouse radio (internet: has new-agey stuff of every stripe) has some shows that are of value... others seem about the level of newspaper horoscopes. I feel a little sorry for the genuinely deep insightful hosts that get slotted between to fluff vendors.
But if you do choose to go with a radio show, I would, for one thing, have a focus topic each week. Two: screen calls heavily, if they are tolerated at all. Three: Yes, have Keith moderate/interact. Four: have it web interactive in a simple manner.... for instance poll a different question each week. This way you have an idea of the number of listeners, the time they are listening, the level of involvement, and a feedback mechanism in place.

A weekly internet teleconference might be effective in two senses... it will help persons that already interested understand things better. Also it can help develop a sense of group. That group can be simply social and learning in character. Or it may come to be much more profoundly useful in the future, in ways not now forseen. It (tele or web conferencing) probably won't be effective in reaching many new people though. The idea of real-time group meditations is kind of appealing. (Branding: Live! In two realities at once!) Too, Tom and Keith can get direct feedback, assistance with any project, etc...

If the primary objective is to reach more people, I can think of two ways.

1) Get Tom to write more books. Not such long books. Narrow spectrum topic specific books. Think of, say, Casteneda's Ixtalan: Autobiographical. Brief intro. A dozen or so 800-wordish chapters each with a tale of exploration presented as a teaching lesson about some basic principal. The last chapter should be a cliff-hanger. (opens towards future similar books). The great advantage of pumping out more books is fresh interviews on the BIG shows... if you can reach 5 million people on Coast2Coast, why mess with micro-operations? Tom can probably knock out that kind of book during 2 weeks of coffee breaks at NASA. Get the essential ideas down, have someone shadow-write the rest and put it in shape. I wouldn't rule out a "For Dummies" book (You know the familiar black and yellow "X for Dummies" series).

Um. Don't let Tom title any more productions "My Big TOE". It is a serious branding error. In a culture highly sensitized to marketing nuance and quasi-subliminal suggestion, it drives off much of his target market. (... just listen listen to George Noory's first reaction when he had TC on for the first time... it opened with something like... "So what is this Toe...? When I first saw it I thought "eeewwwww" ". ((It's on youtube) Same thing happened to me in real life years ago. I picked the book up in the new-age section, looked at the cover, and semiconsciously wondered 'even if it IS a TOE, why the allusion to some body part?', and put it back. I stumbled across the London lecture on youtube and my attention was drawn here through that).
Tom should not feel bad about this: scientific sensibilities have had a negative correlation with aesthetic sensibilities for a couple centuries now, at least. So: adds to science-guy cred.
Unfortunately Titles make or break many a book. Titles that tend to sell are Money, Sex, and Self Help. So maybe something along the lines of "How I made a mint, got laid, and lost 50 pounds!" (Leaving, of course, for the inside, that "The Mint" refers to spiritual capital, "got laid" refers to union with the godhead, and "lost 50 pounds" was the collision with the psi-uncertainty principle at the horse-track in Britain, and that the whole business takes effort and discipline.) Ya I am being a little humorous with that last.

2) It may be that Tom's market is already presorted and available in the form of other forums (I guess the proper plural is 'fora' ???? I just heard that the other day.... anyway...) There are a pile of these out there, each with its own character, temperament and personality. While persons here can bring up MBT-related ideation appropriately in discussions of matters there, itmight be productive to advertise on them.

Forums I can think of off hand:The TMI site, trustyourvibes.com, astraldynamics.com.

I wonder , too, if it wouldn't behoove all who have been involved with TMI adventurings and written about it to promote each other's work... there is Moen, Caudill, Atwater, McMonegal and more I am not remembering at the moment. Each has a distinct message of a different flavor, to be sure, but each also seems to bring greater depth to the others.

-Montana

Last edited by Montana on Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:14 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Hi All,

Here's the full xzone interview with Tom, compliments of Peter.

Thanks Peter!

ubiik

http://g.ho.st/public/users/~C77CCEA278 ... 9.MP3.html

Last edited by ubik on Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:01 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Donna,

I think a radio type program would do nicely. We really wouldn't even have to do ANY broadcasting (internet or otherwise) per se. A discussion moderated by Keith with Tom about various topics where the callers are not only screened but pulled exclusively from forum members. Simply make a call in number available on the board and let us know when you will be conducting the discussion. Call it MBT radio. Post it on YouTube. Instant (and free) distribution. You would control the content and the players. Tom could still do the bigger shows when they come around but could avoid hacks.

It's a good thought that has a lot of growing room. Great thinking!

Ramon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:04 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for the link Ubik.

Around 44:00 minutes they make jokes about MBT while the commercials are running, what kind of boring humour is that they are spewing lol? They are very rude.

Isn't this the same radio host from earlier on? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE8BtBhvgIg

That interview was much better, strange change there..

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:39 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Isn't this the same radio host from earlier on? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE8BtBhvgIg
Yes this the same host, fear makes people say and do all kind strange things especially when it is combined with a sense of self importance and self absorption, pretty standard pmr engendered behaviour.
I feel that in some layer of his being he got what Tom was saying and his ego went into a survival mode. It's not a level that McConell can access with any kind of awareness, this was not even an intellectual event but a knee jerk reaction to a subconsciously perceived threat.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:55 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Yes this the same host, fear makes people say and do all kind strange things especially when it is combined with a sense of self importance and self absorption, pretty standard pmr engendered behaviour.
I feel that in some layer of his being he got what Tom was saying and his ego went into a survival mode. It's not a level that McConell can access with any kind of awareness, this was not even an intellectual event but a knee jerk reaction to a subconsciously perceived threat.
Yes I agree, I just finished the whole interview. I have to say he was shortcoming in his understanding of what Tom was saying, and so many errors in his thinking.

Apparently he couldn't reconcile with the fact that reality is virtual, he somehow perceived it as everything is not real, don't exist or is not important.

Hehe, he says around 1 hour 40 minutes "I am not a physicist, thank god" Yes, that I can agree with!