Return Home
It is currently Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:14 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:24 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I've listened to Shirley's interview of Tom several times now and I also do not see anything inherently wrong with it, actually I find it charming.

Sure the topic was not within her grasp, her decision space was definitely being challenged by Tom's message so there was confusion and some frustration on her part. Maybe she did have a drink or two, who knows but I did not sense any belligerence. Rob was a whole different story.

Observing how Tom carries himself during interview glitches has been a positive learning experience for me.

I liked Shirley's interview for what it was and within the boundaries of what it was, great exposure for Tom's work, a fun listen and informative within the overall context of what her audience can access, it was even cute!

However due to the music intro it's going to take me a few more days to get the visuals of Tom doing musical theater out of my head and I just might need a cave for that. (-:

Gerik

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:29 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I concur Gerik, I think it would be fun to sit and "rap" with her in whatever fashion, she is cute like that. Remember conversation pits? Perhaps it's time for them to come back.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:51 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Charming comment, Gerik, thanks.

Tom was charm and class, it is beautiful to observe.

I have a new concept now.....a workshop in a cave....hmmmm...not a bad idea....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:04 pm 

Yes his interview before this the guy (rob?) was terribly rude. He was obviously flustered by even the ideas that tom presented. And I thought this was handled as well as could be handled when someone is cutting you off repeatedly.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:06 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Greetings All,

Here's an mp3 file of Tom being interviewed by Shirley MacLaine.

http://g.ho.st/public/users/Cb5I_sDqqXy ... m.mp3.html

Gerik
Thank you Gerik, one can not hear it for free from the original link now, unless I am doing something incorrectly.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Greetings All,

Here's an mp3 file of Tom being interviewed by Shirley MacLaine.

http://g.ho.st/public/users/Cb5I_sDqqXy ... m.mp3.html

Gerik
Thank you Gerik, one can not hear it for free from the original link now, unless I am doing something incorrectly.
Love
Bette
I just checked, it works fine here.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:20 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I agree with Simba.

I've listened to 3 or 4 radio interviews from the USA now, and I have to say that the interviewers are really inarticulate and uninformed compared to the BBC interviewers here in the UK. Being interviewed by Shirley must be like being cornered by a drunk in a bar: you have to humour them, and you can't get away. I'd really like to see Tom interviewed by somebody informed and articulate like Melvyn Bragg - either alone, or as one of a group in the "In Our Time" series. Make it happen, Keith and Donna!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:04 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I wonder if there are medical conditions that would make one slur their speech, especially when so excited as one gets when hearing truth?
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:23 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I just checked, it works fine here.
I was just being moronic, a little. I listened to it from the file rather from her site the first time. Thank you for checking ss.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:43 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Bette,

I haven't had a chance to listen to the interview yet, but there are a number of disorders that can cause slurred speech. Anything from sinus problems to stroke to nervousness and much more. Alcoholism is only one of many, many reasons that can cause this.

Kathy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I thought the point of being a host and interviewing your guest on your show was to let the guest promote their message, theroy, book or etc.

She didn't even ask Tom about his website, upcoming appearances, lectures or workshops. That is a part of why Tom is doing interviews, isn't it?

Instead, she has a guest on her show who has a 'Theroy of Everything" and she used the time to satisfy her own curiousity about basically one topic: 'good vs evil'

It is a shame that an opportunity for Tom to get his message out to large numbers of new people was basically hijacked by Shirley turning the interview into a personal exploration of a few topics that interested her.

She should do that on her own time. In my view, these kind of shows and topics (Metaphysical, Spiritual) should be for your listeners and your guest.

Steve

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:23 am 

Steve-
I agree with your point by point analysis of the interview. This is a genuine critique rather than just a single point statement of whether she has been to Happy Hour before the interview. And then you compared your points and made your point with Doug parks interview.
There are 25 posts to an interview that brought criticism, and only a few to an interview that appears to be a real success.
They say there is no such thing as bad publicity,it gets the most attention(not the kind you want,though) and I would have thought that true for anywhere but here in this forum.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:35 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I probably should have listened to the ENTIRE enterview before I mentioned how good it was. I guess anything was better than the last interview with Rob..Perhaps Shirley does have a medical condition... She's always seen like a Classy lady to me when I've seen her in previous interviews....

While it could be booz, perhaps it as prescriptions drugs or something more medical related.
As I said before, George Noory IS the best interviewer of everyone I've heard so far. He has such a large bank of questions and approaches it from different angles. George is the man!!!

Now off to play world of warcraft :).... Damn I love this game... (been playing off an on for 2 years)...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:40 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Now off to play world of warcraft :).... Damn I love this game... (been playing off an on for 2 years)...
How long have you been playing this learning lab (age?) game? Perhaps you should have WoW program in a pong game so you all could quit killing each other, or maybe conversation pits for reflective listening sessions. ;)
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:49 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Quote:
How long have you been playing this learning lab (age?) game? Perhaps you should have WoW program in a pong game so you all could quit killing each other, or maybe conversation pits for reflective listening sessions. ;)
Love
Bette
hehe not going to happen Bette, World of Warcraft is a blast!!! It's all just another form of entertainment for us humans in this virtual reality. Much better entertainment than what's on TV these days... :)

I actually know whole families that play it together, as opposed to sitting in front of the TV all night.....