Return Home
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:58 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:55 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

http://scienceforlife.net/

Doug Parks has interviewed Dr Bruce Lipton, Dr Judith Orloff, Gregg Braden, Dr Wayne Dyer,etc.
Wednesday, August 12 at 9am PST Doug will be interviewing Tom live on Science for Life.

http://www.contacttalkradio.com/hosts/dougparks.html

Last edited by Keith at MBT Events on Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:19 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Reminder: Live at 9am PST Doug Parks Science for Life Interview with Tom!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:56 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Visit the Free Stuff page of MBT Events website where you can find a link to the Doug Parks interview with Tom this morning.....
http://www.mbtevents.com/Free_Stuff.html

or you can listen to the interview here............ http://contacttalkradio.soundwaves2000. ... 081209.mp3

Last edited by Keith at MBT Events on Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:20 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

This was posted as a correction that is no longer required, editing does not allow complete deletion.

Gerik

Doug Parks Interview:

http://g.ho.st/public/users/Cb5I_sDqqXy ... 9.mp3.html

Last edited by ubik on Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:00 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I posted this the other day in regards to Tom's interview with Shirley:
Quote:
I thought the point of being a host and interviewing your guest on your show was to let the guest promote their message, theroy, book or etc.

She didn't even ask Tom about his website, upcoming appearances, lectures or workshops. That is a part of why Tom is doing interviews, isn't it?

Instead, she has a guest on her show who has a 'Theroy of Everything" and she used the time to satisfy her own curiousity about basically one topic: 'good vs evil'

It is a shame that an opportunity for Tom to get his message out to large numbers of new people was basically hijacked by Shirley turning the interview into a personal exploration of a few topics that interested her.

She should do that on her own time. In my view, these kind of shows and topics (Metaphysical, Spiritual) should be for your listeners and your guest.
This is exactly what I was talking about. Very nicely done. Great interview. Hope Tom goes back on this show again.

Steve.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

This is a beautiful thing, imo.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Wow. What a great interview. Tom, I hope this makes that cave seem a little less inviting. There is still hope.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:17 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re Tom's cave:

Surely, Tom, you have devised a suitable cave in NPMR where you can hang out for as long as you like between PMR time units? Wouldn't this be a holiday from PMR whenever you had a spare minute?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:19 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Vzam,

It's the spare minute that is the problem.

I can indeed slip away at a moment's notice -- but then, the other players in PMR can snatch me back just as quickly. That is just the nature of a multiplayer game -- if your body is accessible, then you are accessible. In a physical reality, there is nothing like a physical cave to ensure tranquility, peace, and quiet. :-)

Actually, dealing with people is what it is all about -- that is where most of our challenges and learning opportunities come from -- I wouldn't want to miss any part of it -- and I say that being fully aware that it is the painful parts that generally provide the greatest challenges and learning opportunities. Escape is the wrong answer -- whether it is into a job, a mission, a bottle, a TV, or a cave.

Tom C

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:38 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I thought that this was a pretty good interview too... not nearly so much of the interviewer injecting himslef into the process as some others.

Especially, I thought the wind up was good, (and it may have been a thing better to have had in the beginning of the show), when the interviewer gave TC the chance to nutshell an essential info-packet to take away. Three essential concepts: Open-mindedness, Skepticism, and "Love = 1/entropy".

A person could see how those would make excellent chapter titles, in a fresh book, for beginners. Just simple, direct chapters....giving an abstract description, why the thing matters, an operational definition, and, say, three concrete examples with various consequences attatched.

Separately,
Since so many interviews seem to want to start out with "Tell us about TMI, first!", that also suggests a marketing angle. (I know, the marketing impulse here would not to be to sell more books, but to expose more idea to a wider group.)

So, TC could put together a ten minute you-tubey thing that talked about TMI specifically. Toss in some real tales, some speculation, a little about personalities and so on, a few "fun" items not seen nor heard of elsewhere. Then, to save time in an interview, TC can just say, "You know, here has been so much interest in that that I have put an extra video chapter on my website...", and that can function as a lead-in gateway sort of thing.

-just random morning brainstorming here,
Montana

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:33 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

How contrived, but that is a good idea. I have very deeply ingrained "trick" sensors that see an evil lurking behind any it sniffs, no matter how benevolent the matter really is such as in Tom's special case. It, my sensor thingie, is/was strong enough to think Tom sounded crazy in a recent video presentation (see side). That is how strong it is, and I know exactly how and why it is there, just not what to do about it. Anyway, Montana, creating pat videos to answer a question in an interview with is a good idea perhaps as any idea in a brain storming session is, I just worry that eventually it will become an endless video regress. There's an app for that type of thing.

(side) I watched the art of revealing truth video off the MBT Events site again the other day and had a wtf moment. At it's end I realized I had not felt any buttons being pushed and was led to play it yet again to make sure the video hadn't been changed. I was actually a tiny bit incredulous that it might have been, and was pleased to see it hadn't. You all know me well enough to know I just say what pops out, and I have a lot of buttons. Sorry Tom and All.

What else do you have in there Montana?
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:02 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Bette,

No, I didn't mean to imply the use of some sort of immoral tactic, if that is what you thought. Marketers have a variety of tactics that they use. Some are predatory or deceptive. But there are several that function as a lubricant to communication, so to speak. Here is maybe a succicint way to metaphorize it: If you were talking about the virtues of running for exercise, it might be best to not open with the idea of a marathon. Maybe just talk about a quarter of mile at first.

In today's appo-zappo world, lots of people simply aren't going to be reached by methods that would have been effective 100 years ago. Too, few people have the happy co-occurence of time AND inclination to read massive tomes. Probably, less than 1 in a hundred people read a book a year these days. (Just my hip-shot guess)

So, in my mind the question becomes "By what media, in what sized chunks, is what message to become deliverable to what sets of ears?" And I assume also that real-time media interaction is the likliest patch-though to non-real-time media (aka, books, recordings).

Ah well, as I said, just brainstorming.

Heck, when you think about it, the thing for TC to do would be to get up an army in NPR and outfit them all with slingshots loadable with MBT thought forms... and just wander from person to person slocking them with same right smack in the crown chakra.

Well, enough brainstorming, I guess. :-)

-Montana

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Shot with a rote. Brainstorming is fun Montana, see. I know you aren't being sneaky and all. I'm just kind of freaky like that. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNB1EUJg1-w
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:46 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Tom said:
Quote:
Escape is the wrong answer -- whether it is into a job, a mission, a bottle, a TV, or a cave.
True, Tom, but you're only (super)human. Please don't burn out. Take a break and recharge your batteries when your PMR body needs it.

God bless you.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:53 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks Vzam,

Burnout is definitely to be avoided. Maintaining balance is the key -- easy to say, sometimes tricky to do -- but an essential ingredient to a larger success. I appreciate your concern and take your advice seriously.

Tom C