Return Home
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:15 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:01 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Please visit and subscribe to the MBT Events YouTube Page for free video and info on Tom and his work.....
http://www.youtube.com/user/MBTEVENTS

Last edited by Keith at MBT Events on Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:13 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Here is the youtube link to the same video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jg2dN44qnE

Thanks for the heads up Keith. In case anyone is wondering, Keith singled me out there because I am the first interviewee after Tom at around 3:00. For better or worse, there I am.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:02 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

So thats what you look like! Fine job Ramon, and Robert too.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Devils advocate here. At 2:40 Tom misspeaks and says, "the more you run the risk of being crazy" instead of "the more you run the risk of being seen as crazy." It kind of makes him sound crazy, and he also sounds like he knows more than anyone else, and even though he definitely has access to more data than anyone I could imagine living or whatever, it makes him sounds like he thinks he knows something that makes him better than the listener. It doesn't hit me like that because I think he does, but it is going to hit some people like that in my opinion. I'm just saying.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:14 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Bette,

I think, and hope, that your fears are unfounded. The main point Tom was making up to that point was the difference between image and facts, or truth, and the challenges he faced in communicating his views to others without being considered crazy. I thought the intent of his statement was pretty clear. Even so, craziness is only a matter of perspective ruled by popular opinion. Few truly crazy people think of themselves as crazy, but if the majority of people around them consider them to be crazy then they are according to popular opinion. Therefore, if Tom threw out too many statements that were considered "out there" without being cautious, he would indeed be "crazy" by the virtue of popular opinion. So, either way you look at it, I don't think he misspoke.

As to your other point, that he sounds like he's saying he knows more than other people, why would anyone come to a lecture or presentation by someone if they DIDN'T think he knew something they didn't? It's kind of the point to going in the first place, in my opinion.
Don't you think?

Ramon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:28 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Ramon,
I can come at this from a jerks point of view because, well, I must be a jerk, I mean devil's advocate. :) The video is honest, honest about having to come from around back to slip this information into some minds, honest about people reacting like Rob did on that interview. Listening to it again today the positive message(s) outweigh any probable knee jerker's thinking, "who the heck does this guy think he is" and may encourage them to attend to heckle him if nothing else. He's going to have to sneak up on those minds well so they may accidentally learn something important, and this challenge they might get from this particular bit of Tom getting them into the audience is required for that to happen, so I can also see positive possibilities from the tone I perceived.

By the way Ramon, I see you've stored your cute on the outside, I keep mine inside, but do let is come out and play often.

The quality of the production is very professional, bty, very pleasing, my eyes flowed over it, I didn't want it to end.

The edit: Sitting here with Art and exchanging love with a cat it came to me that Tom hit several triggers of mine in this one bit of video. While many people have had similar experiences as myself, I think it may be unusual to have had so many in one life as I have had this time around. Perhaps it is an indication of my QoC (left ambiguous on purpose). I have internalized much of MBT, it seems anyway, and these triggers still work. With someone hearing Tom speak for the first time perhaps one trigger wouldn't hurt, but I think my experiences building meaning up to these triggers aren't all that unusual. I stand by me thinking Tom may have mispoke at 2:40 in, but there again I could wrong.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Bette,

The fact that you were able to take those things from the video at first viewing, even just playing Devil's Advocate, means that there are some that will feel the same way. Hopefully, it will be the minority. I don't think there is anyway around it. I just didn't find flaws in the video content itself.

Thanks for the kind words.

Ramon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:55 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Please visit and subscribe to the MBT Events YouTube Page for free video and info on Tom and his work.....
http://www.youtube.com/user/MBTEVENTS
In the context of the Art of Revealing Truth this is less push buttonie, to me. I hope you all know I am all for Tom having his model known, and my criticism is with good intent.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:33 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Hi All,
It was interesting to see the feedback from our newest clip of Tom. It is the plan that this clip will ecompass the whole reason why Tom is out there doing what he does, knowing that there are some who will think his stuff is crazy and that's ok. I think it is a nice clip of him admitting that and expecting that.

After 9 Hours of interviewing Tom and seeing all the knowledge he had, how low his entropy was, writing a TOE etc...i challenged him and asked him...well, if you have done xyz, have a handle on consciousness, wrote a TOE then why are you still here...what else do you have to learn, what else is left here for you to do, what is your challenge now? I was curious to know what challenges lay before Tom since he has such a grasp why all challenges happen in life, he is clear on all of us having to grow up...so I wanted to know what else was there in this reality frame that was going to help him grow up, challenge him etc and...well...there you have it...that was his answer to me.

I wanted to share that all with you b/c it's kind of like a behind the scene's thing and now you all may have a better understanding of what the question was that provoked this answer.

The other thing I love about editing all the footage from the path interviews is that they (the interviews) all carry a mind and energy of their own. When we were looking for a new clip that Tom could use to promote all his lectures...Mike and I sat down at the computer...watched a few clips that we had from TX...and it just wasn't flowing...then out of no where I remembered asking Tom this question and remembered his answer...again, it's all guided by another source and I'm just grateful to be one of the people that gets to put this stuff out there!

Glad you all enjoyed it!