Return Home
It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:32 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:31 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

To everyone that joined us in Toronto,

A huge thank you again for the effort you made to be there. We asked you to fill out feedback forms and one of the things we asked was if you had any questions that you didn't get round to asking at the workshop, even with all the time we gave you. The questions just kept coming.

Sorry it has taken so long to get around to posting those questions to the Forum. Here they are, Tom.
In your own time...............

If I am conscious when I die, not being religious, what should I expect? Where will I go or where will I find myself? Tom, do you know?

When I get the vibrations you talked about at the workshop, they only ever last for 20 or 30 seconds. How can I lengthen my vibrational time or should I even try?

What does Tom mean when he says "only the effect of something has to be modeled"? Please elaborate!

Why did the experiential exercises not work for me at all?

See you in California,

Keith and Donna

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:32 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If I am conscious when I die, not being religious, what should I expect? Where will I go or where will I find myself? Tom, do you know?

Tom: Whether you are consciousness when you die or not is not relevant. You should expect to become aware within a different reality frame -- actually somewhat like a dream. You will soon be met by others who will make you feel comfortable -- they will appear knowledgeable and you will instinctively trust them. They will take you where you need to be or give you directions, perhaps pass you off to the care of others. Eventually, after you have become "adjusted" to the transition and beginning to find boredom in it, you will begin planning (with the assistance of others) your next incarnation. The more or less transition processing you need, the more or less you get.

When I get the vibrations you talked about at the workshop, they only ever last for 20 or 30 seconds. How can I lengthen my vibrational time or should I even try?

Tom: They will last longer if you just accept them and be with them as an observer -- no emotional content -- no fear, no joy, no excitement, no expectations. The vibrations are not fundamental and an awareness of them is not essential. Sometimes people use them as a signpost indicating that they are in a very productive altered state.

What does Tom mean when he says "only the effect of something has to be modeled"? Please elaborate!

Tom: Only the result needs to be modeled, not the cause of the result. If you simulate a race car, you model its surfaces and the output of its engine; you don't try to build the race car up out of atoms and molecules. You just assume that the surfaces you model would be made of molecules, you don't actually model the individual molecules.

Why did the experiential exercises not work for me at all?

Tom: There could be several different reasons. Among the most likely are: fear, belief, expectations, inability to focus without extraneous thoughts constantly churning in the mind (an inability to clearly and consistently focus intent). All these are very common. A good remedy is to practice meditation until you can achieve continuous existence as point consciousness (no thoughts) for at least 15 minutes.