Frequent Poster

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
i'm on the verge of tears
Would you care to explain? ;)
happy happy...
very happy happy.
Ditto --- thank you so much CarlE for posting this!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:15 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

For those of you seeking more, here is the thread with the Asheville MP3s:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3738&p=10512
Thanks again Carle!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:03 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

These recordings have been simply a delight to listen to...such wonderful information! Thanks again Carle for posting these.

I have a question....On the tape listed Day2_p3, Tom makes the following comment in answering a question from someone attending the presentation – the question concerned animal consciousness.

Tom’s response (somewhat paraphrasing):
Animals are conscious…if a critter is sentient, it is making decisions….a dog has fewer decisions it can make…bumble bees, smaller decision space….claims very few decisions it can make….an animal that evolves to a point where it needs to express its consciousness can become “human”, but probably will begin at the bottom in the human line but probably not the very bottom…”

My question is “What is the bottom of the human line” – does anyone know what, exactly, Tom is referring to? What is the bottom of the human line?

Thanks in advance......

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:43 pm 
Curator
Curator

I don't know as probably only Tom can be sure and I hesitate to presume what he meant and this is speaking figuratively also as there is no true 'line' but more like the regular Bell curve that characterizes so much that is measured and compared. But I suspect that what he was referring to would be that the former animal, making such a jump, would have been doing a very good job to merit its rise to a consciousness spot with a larger decision space. It would be ahead in a way compared to IUOCs incarnating as humans that were doing very bad jobs of it and had been experiencing entropy increases lately, i. e. were devolving. In other words, it would fit into the lower range of the Bell curve for humans, but not near the extreme 'worst case' for Quality of Consciousness.

Ted

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:09 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Well that certainly seems logical Ted -- thanks....I am also wondering if there is a specific data stream(s) to accommodate this type of 'transition'....I haven't heard Tom discuss this and don't remember reading anything about it in MBT, and I have no personal experience....which I suppose is my job to work on, eh!
......and very sorry to hear you have been dealing with health issues....sending healing thoughts to you and your dog.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:33 pm 
Curator
Curator

Remember that every data stream defining a PMR experience is specific to that entity and to that experience packet. That is the VRRE aspect of TBC at work, personalizing the experience uniquely for every individual. Whether that particular transition requires anything 'special' is beyond me as special relative to what is already special for the individual. It would all likely be subsumed under the one specialness without any specific special mod for the jump from 'animal' to 'human'. There would no doubt be some special mentoring as to the guidance provided/available but that is another matter.

Ted

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:22 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

That is actually very helpful in clarifying a few things for me...so thank you again Ted.
I guess my query in this area is trying to get a better sense of how the larger reality system is organized. In thinking about the "big picture" and the diagram Tom has offered (on page 654 of MBT, the complete trilogy), I am wondering if one (or more) PMR is set up (by the rule set, etc.) to accommodate 'newly' evolving consciousness more so than other PMRs. This to me seems like a very logical way to organize data....but then again, this may be way off and a very limited view of the big picture.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:26 pm 
Curator
Curator

Yes, and this is one of them. Have you not noticed Tom's frequent reference to this as a 'kindergarten' PMR where many are new and more come in all the time, holding the level of newcomers relatively high?

Ted

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:40 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Oh yes, that answers my questions! Thanks Ted!

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:49 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

When Dennis was being introduced in the beginning, Tom mentioned that he hadn't seen Dennis in like 30 years. I'm curious. What has Dennis been doing since the Bob Monroe days? He seems to have been a pioneer but was he sidetracked by some things? What does he think about the experience now? It seems like both him and Tom went through the experience but Tom ended up chronicling those years and coming up with his ToE. What about Dennis?

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 6:40 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
When Dennis was being introduced in the beginning, Tom mentioned that he hadn't seen Dennis in like 30 years. I'm curious. What has Dennis been doing since the Bob Monroe days? He seems to have been a pioneer but was he sidetracked by some things? What does he think about the experience now? It seems like both him and Tom went through the experience but Tom ended up chronicling those years and coming up with his ToE. What about Dennis?
Here are a couple of threads that might help you rumspringa: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4936&p=21405#p21405 and viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5108&p=23865 or just search keywords like Dennis and Mennerich.

Or, if you don't mind possibly invading his privacy (like I'm doing right now by giving this to you) maybe you could send him a PM to ask: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5000
Love,
Lynda