Return Home
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:38 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 16 Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:03 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Laurie Huston interview from Toronto
http://www.intuitivesoul.com/index.php? ... &Itemid=61

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:19 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex2tIVBLO3Q Robert Bruce's second interview of Tom!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:03 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

This interview makes me wonder if Bruce has read the book. He seems to spend a lot of time talking about his own experiences trying to impress Tom. Not very many thoughtful questions. Although he has spent a lot of time in other data streams he doesn't seem to understand what he is doing or where he is going. If he read the book he would have a better idea of what he is experiencing.

I guess some Tom is better than no Tom.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:06 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
This interview makes me wonder if Bruce has read the book. He seems to spend a lot of time talking about his own experiences trying to impress Tom. Not very many thoughtful questions. Although he has spent a lot of time in other data streams he doesn't seem to understand what he is doing or where he is going. If he read the book he would have a better idea of what he is experiencing.
Totally agree with this. They are clearly not at the same level of understanding NPMR, etc.

Claudio

> http://soprano.com <

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:29 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Quote:
Totally agree with this. They are clearly not at the same level of understanding NPMR, etc.

Claudio
I agree also, perhaps it has something to do with the amount of time spent exploring and collecting data from other PMRs and NPMRs.
After all Tom has been at it for a long time.

peace
patrick

peace
patrick

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:07 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

It didn't sound like Bruce had read the trilogy. Maybe he had just ordered it recently and his copy had just turned up when they did the first interview.

Seems to me Robert Bruce has confined his studies to the personal metaphors he has observed out of body, where as Tom has stepped beyond the metaphors and used his system modelling skills to reconcile his experiences in a way that can be more practically grasped.

I appreciate the contributions of both guys. Robert Bruce does good work with the tools he has.

Nick

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:44 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Quote:
Keith,

Was there a "heads-up" on this one that I missed or did it just fall through the cracks?
I heard about it through Facebook.
Quote:
...Simba,

The fault is as much mine as anyone's. I found out about it through facebook as well and didn't even think about posting it here until the last minute. At least the archive is available already for anyone that didn't catch it. I'll try to do better in the future for any facebook news. ...
I'm starting to see a trend here and I have to say I don't like it. Facebook is shiny and fun and more colorful, but pulling stuff from there to here is going to become a drag.

What can be done about this, you guys?

And I'm very sorry to pollute this thread which is clearly trying to stay on topic with Upcoming Radio Interviews and YouTube. Keith and Donna, forgive me.

Love,
Lynda
Quote:
I guess some Tom is better than no Tom.
Linda I couldn't agree with you more!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:44 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

My understanding, FWIW, was that as originally conceived, it was only supposed to be a very small group get-together, just a handful of folks, Tom, Ted, Kieth, and a couple-three others, and this went over time through gradual expansions to include more and more people (as in, "Oh! Can I bring a friend...?" and "Oh, what about Jane?! And Nancy!" etc etc.) ... that not all of us got a direct invite shouldn't be taken as a slight, or, at least, I don't take it that way.

As it turned out, I understand that there was just enough room for everyone that did arrive.

I feel pretty confident that any regular member of the group would have been entirely welcome.

-Montana

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:48 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
My understanding, FWIW, was that as originally conceived, it was only supposed to be a very small group get-together, just a handful of folks, Tom, Ted, Kieth, and a couple-three others, and this went over time through gradual expansions to include more and more people (as in, "Oh! Can I bring a friend...?" and "Oh, what about Jane?! And Nancy!" etc etc.) ... that not all of us got a direct invite shouldn't be taken as a slight, or, at least, I don't take it that way.

As it turned out, I understand that there was just enough room for everyone that did arrive.

I feel pretty confident that any regular member of the group would have been entirely welcome.

-Montana
And even the illregular members as well. I still cannot drop the feeling that you have been at NY, and now there at NC, secretly Montana. ;)
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:27 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

We tried inviting Simba by personal message. I still have 2 messages in my outbox that were sent to him (December 31 and February 09) that have not yet been opened.

We invited or tried to invite as many of the top poster in tiers based on the space we had available as people either committed to attend or said they could not.

In the end, 50 or so forum members were invited and we did not hear back from only a small handful.

Just to clarify, as much fun as it would be, we currently have no plans to do another get together anytime soon.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

OUCH

peace
patrick

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:38 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Cool, so it is up to us to organize the next one(s). I just wanted to make sure that wouldn't be stepping on any toes. ;)
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:43 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Are there any plans for Tom to visit New York any time soon?

peace
patrick

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:57 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Cool, so it is up to us to organize the next one(s). ... Love Bette
I've organized an MBT Meetup in Mass for the second Wednesday of every month, PM me if you live in Mass and want the time and location.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:27 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Are there any plans for Tom to visit New York any time soon?
This is the first step here, to find out Tom's plans. I'll work on this second annual plan if that sounds good. I'll give it heck anyways. I'll contact Tom, and see what happens next.
Love
Bette

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 16 Next