Return Home
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:06 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:29 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Although many of you are anticipating the release of video from Tom's previous workshops, Tom's loyal readers know the true value of hearing and meeting Tom in person (along with the chance to ask questions) at one of the live workshops we have had the pleasure of producing for Tom over the last year or so.

Unfortunately, due to a series of factors including the continued economic downturn, escalating costs and the somewhat underwhelming response that we have received for each workshop we have produced, we regret to announce that the upcoming California and New York workshops will be the last produced by MBT Events for the foreseeable future.

If you have been waiting for us to announce a workshop closer to where you live, we are sorry to disappoint you and highly recommend that you make the effort to come join us in California or New York.

We will, instead, be putting our efforts into other ways of promoting Tom and his work, including the possibility of Podcasts and other ideas we have been working on.

We will continue to accept proposals from those people who may be interested in hosting and sponsoring an event with Tom, and look forward to a time sometime in the near future when we might again be able to bring Tom on the road.

Thank you all for your continued support and understanding!

Keith and Donna
MBT Events

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:45 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Keith, a podcast would be a great idea. Perhaps a podcast will get Tom's name out there more so that the demand for workshops will be much higher...Most people don't even know who Tom is and unless they some how stumble upon this website, most don't even know that MBT even exists....I think that focusing on marketing MBT is a great idea and then perhaps more workshops can come later as you mentioned...I can see how the costs are far outweighing the ROI...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:58 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I have to say I am sorry to hear this news (though I look forward to other communication channels such as podcasts). Having attended the Asheville, NC workshop I was sincerely looking forward to the next workshop within driving range. Unless you have attended one in person I do not think you can appreciate what we are going to be missing. The workshops really seemed like a good feedback loop in disseminating the TOE material to larger audiences, with fantastic question/answer sessions, and each seemed to evolve into a more powerful presentation. There were all types there, and I have to say what a wonderful experience it was being there with so many people being called by this information. For anyone who can make it, it is a great experience and I highly recommend it. Thanks to all who made them possible.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:23 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I feel especially lucky to be going to two events then, both California workshops. If you love something set it free.... I think they will come back.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:25 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I am currently planning my trip to the Campbell, CA workshop, and still need to figure out some details. I will contact you soon Keith :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:39 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Bette, good point and I agree. I did not mean to say they were gone forever, but I did want to encourage anyone who might be waiting to go if possible. It really is a blast.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:14 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
we regret to announce that the upcoming California and New York workshops will be the last produced by MBT Events for the foreseeable future.
Wow, Bummer! Now I really better manage to make it in May!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:50 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I absolutely concur with the statements from my brother above. (Robert, if anyone didn't catch the same last name : ^ )

It truly was a wonderful experience and one I will hold dear throughout my lifetime in this PMR and possibly beyond because of its positive effects on my being. Aww, the sweet energy of it all! I also would like to thank Tom and MBTEvents for bringing it to Asheville. I will hold out hope that as Tom's message grows in the broader recognition of its value (as I hold no doubts that it WILL!) that the lectures will resume in due time. Be assured that if one were to come within driving distance I would be there.

Until then,
Ramon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:43 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
(Robert, if anyone didn't catch the same last name : ^ )
Thank you, I wondered if that might be your dad or if indeed he was any relation.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:22 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Be assured that if one were to come within driving distance I would be there.
: ^ )
Now all we need is to establish what "driving distance" is. I've always dreamed of traveling, by road, America, hopefully not doing all the actual driving, but much of it as required. Within driving distance for me, some day soonish would be lovely, would then mean anywhere driving to was possible, days and days away. What do you consider "within" driving distance Ramon?

Hi Ramon's brother Robert. Do you guys have any other siblings? My family is Becky, Bette, Blane, Bill, Bruce & Barry, all like that legally, not nicknames.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Bette, hi everyone else....

As it is something Donna and I have always wanted to do, and as we have equipment to bring with us, we are driving out to California for the workshops. Some 3,000 miles and 45 hours each way, with some great stops along the way!

Looking forward to it. Should be a lot of fun!

Keith

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:51 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Yes the podcast is a good idea,i think this could be a good way to keep the info.out on the net.Could they be built around a theme,each month,and then discused on the forum.Clive.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:04 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Hi Bette, hi everyone else....

As it is something Donna and I have always wanted to do, and as we have equipment to bring with us, we are driving out to California for the workshops. Some 3,000 miles and 45 hours each way, with some great stops along the way!

Looking forward to it. Should be a lot of fun!

Keith
Perhaps you will find yourself in Ridgecrest, CA off of highways 395, 178, and 14.
Love
Bette

Last edited by bette on Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:55 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Now all we need is to establish what "driving distance" is. I've always dreamed of traveling, by road, America, hopefully not doing all the actual driving, but much of it as required. Within driving distance for me, some day soonish would be lovely, would then mean anywhere driving to was possible, days and days away. What do you consider "within" driving distance Ramon?

Me too Bette. I personally love driving. My claim to insane (certainly not fame) was driving straight through from Statesville, NC to Jackson Hole, WY solo. So that opens up the possibilities quite a bit. I have always wanted to do coast to coast! Preferably by something like Route 66.
Quote:
Hi Ramon's brother Robert. Do you guys have any other siblings?
Just one sister, and she busts up the letter R theme, her name is Michelle.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yes the back roads, famous routes, weird phenomenon, all the wonderful people, places, and things to interact with; driving to Alaska has some interest although I am a California girl as far as snow goes. I'm thinking human potential incubators all over the place, and "17 Homes" for kids getting ready to age out of the foster care system (17 years old) without a place to call home. 17 Homes and incubators all over America helping these young people become independent adults, and driving all around visiting them planting community gardens along the way. I don't really care who starts this as long as I can still go visit them all and get one going here. Keith and Donna and others all in caravans doing these things, workshops, incubators, weird place tours, it just sounds so fun, doesn't it?

I have friends here that run tours of the petroglyphs out here. http://digital-desert.com/petroglyphs/, hm, I found this there as well, http://digital-desert.com/route-66-usa/.

I don't think I have a claim to insane (or fame either), I have lots of stories though....
Love
Bette