Return Home
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:21 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Bette,

I guess "within driving distance" does technically mean anywhere you CAN drive to but I wasn't intending to be that open-ended!

I'm thinking within 5-8 hours would be my "driving distance."

I see my brother already answered your other question. : )

Ramon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:15 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I am very sorry to hear that news about the workshops coming to an end. I am so glad I managed to get to the London II event in October. Keith did say at the time that it was hard just to break even with the costs. I already posted at the time my appreciation of, and thanks for, that weekend, and can only agree with Robert and Ramon, and repeat here that the personal experience of attending gives a whole boost to the understanding of MBT, over and above the books and videos, etc. And the exercises of course are a real hands-on means of learning to "taste some of the pudding". Added to which, meeting Tom in person (and having a souvenir picture taken with him!) is an integral part of the experience. Tom himself said to me that it's always nice for him to meet us in person than just know as names on the board. I have often wondered whether he has any 'insights' into us as IUOCs, and whether personal meetings help to change or supplement these....just a musing. Let's hope the workshop cessation is only short-lived!

As for driving, I enjoy it too, but your concepts of "driving distances" in the U.S. are far different from ours in the crowded little island of Great Britain. I gather folks in the U.S. might think nothing of driving 200 miles for an evening out, almost unthinkable here! Having said that, I'm quite happy to drive 3.5 hrs each way just for a day's outing somewhere nice, and do so regularly in summer, but most people think I'm mad to do that!

Arthur

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I guess "within driving distance" does technically mean anywhere you CAN drive to but I wasn't intending to be that open-ended!
I tend to be very literal, although that really doesn't sound like me either. Open-ended I'm all about too....

I wouldn't worry Arthur. I've already got my mind set on something, a workshop near Jacksonville Florida sometime after the New York May 2010 event way before 2011 is over, something about bringing the mountain...to Ted. ;)

I tend to be persistent; let's see how well it can help to use that towards this to make the above thus.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:01 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
to use that towards this to make the above thus. Love Bette
"Remember that what you are trying to without trying is to not do" http://books.google.com/books?id=6To090 ... ng&f=false
Don't you just love it?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:47 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I wouldn't worry Arthur. I've already got my mind set on something, a workshop near Jacksonville Florida sometime after the New York May 2010 event way before 2011 is over, something about bringing the mountain...to Ted. ;)

I tend to be persistent; let's see how well it can help to use that towards this to make the above thus.
Love
Bette
<<Banging fists on desk>> Flor-i-DA! Flor-i-DA!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:11 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Florida: thumbs up!

....if the oil doesn't get there.

I would aim for the SW coast though: The traffic isn't nearly as evil, and there aren't nearly the gang and crime problems that the other parts of the state have. The population tends to be much older, and so quieter (the local tongue-in-cheek wisdom has it that all the really old people live in Sarasota. And all their parents live in Venice).

Back in the '30's and '40's, the Sarasota area was home to healthy little nest of theosophists and spiritualists and so on.... and some of the vibes still linger. The used book stores there used to be just awesome. And there are place there that are stunningly reminiscent of "The Park" (focus 27 or whatever it is... the afterlife recreation area).

-Montana