Return Home
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:08 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:06 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

MBT Events is proud to announce an upcoming event with Tom in Hawaii. Organized by our good friend Steve Baltich, Tom will be traveling to beautiful Oahu for his first Hawaiian workshop/seminar. It is hoped that some of Tom's forum members will be able to make it over for this special event. Please visit the Hawaii Event page of our website for details.....

http://mbtevents.com/HAWAII_EVENT.html

For further information or for ticket purchases email Steve at baltich@hotmail.com (Subject: MBT Hawaii Event) or call him on 808-343-1935.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:56 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Wow, and I thought the desire to make New York "happen" for us (the kids and I) was pushing it, now an even bigger goal. There will have to be significant changes around here (my here) for this to happen, but goals are good things to have usually.

You might want to look into a place called Orcas Island off of Washington state for a possible location for a workshop in the future.

Thank you for the information Keith and Donna.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:29 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Great News!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:49 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

That's great. I remember Steve making a comment on Tom's YouTube channel about hoping Tom would one day come to Hawaii. It seems Steve is getting his wish.

Bette,

That's definitely NOT in "driving distance!" That would be an awesome place to attend one though.

Ramon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:53 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
That's great. I remember Steve making a comment on Tom's YouTube channel about hoping Tom would one day come to Hawaii. It seems Steve is getting his wish.

Bette,

That's definitely NOT in "driving distance!" That would be an awesome place to attend one though.

Ramon
Wishes do come true.

True Ramon, this one is out of that range, although I nice cruise would work, a three hour cruise. ;)
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:29 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Wishes do come true. .... ;) Love Bette
What a place to see Tom. I went there twice in the early nineties and have always wanted to go back :)

I think I'd have to work an awful lot of overtime in the next 11 weeks to be able to afford it though...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:15 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yeah, 11 weeks, well dreams and all. My daughter just made me realize it is THIS Friday we are going on our trip to Campbell, I was thinking it was next.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:03 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
My daughter just made me realize it is THIS Friday we are going on our trip to Campbell, I was thinking it was next. Love Bette
LOL! How could you not know? ;-)
Three more days!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:10 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well Lynda, it is funny that it seems like a week is gone, *poof*, like that, a week I thought was still coming up came and went without my seeing it. I'll tell you Lynda, all this time war stuff and all, I can logically trace back to knowing what day it is and all, but with a time war thing that wouldn't matter, I'm just saying....

My daughter and I "lost" 2 minutes a few days ago too. The timer was on for the rice with almost 3 minutes left out of 7, we talked about something pretty interesting for just a moment, and the timer went off. We both noticed it, but figured since the rice was all the way cooked it just must have been a really interesting conversation as in the way Einstein said. Something about time when talking to a pretty girl going faster than time sitting on a hot stove, that Al, he was so cute.

Of course the "lost week" thing could be chalked up to the fact that I am also having a trip then too, for Costa Mesa, and I am a bit um, unorganized (sounds so bad now). I have a feeling this is going to fly by these next few days. I should probably make a list. I just got the car reserved today, so that is set. Oh our AUM, it's better this way though, I'm starting to get a little too excited, calm. I'm going to have butterflies the size of Subaru's flitting in and out until Friday night, better it's almost here.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:49 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Steve is not just getting his wish. Steve is making it happen. He is the event organizer: he is booking the lecture room and paying all travel expenses on the chance that he will be able to sell enough tickets to break even or get as close to break even as he needs to get. Of course, if he sells enough tickets he could turn a profit, but that will be hard to do and require a lot of marketing, which itself is not cheap. Like Asheville, the event is going to be 1 day and Steve will decide what the agenda will be for that day -- right now it looks like a half day of lecture and half day of Q&A. Steve will go through the CA slides and pull out a subset, or give me a list of subjects to talk about. I think it will be a very relaxed informal invent -- good conversation, good company and good fun in a wonderful location. Y'all come.

Steve didn't have to twist my arm -- who wouldn't want to go to O'ahu Hawaii? Pamela and I will probably vacation there afterwards for a week -- a smaller, shorter, even more informal event, organized by John Turner, might form up later in the week on the Big Island.

That is the way it looks today -- if you are interested, keep in touch with www.MBTEvents.com or Steve Baltich to keep up to date on what is happening.

Tom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:01 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

That is a mighty long airplane ride....."The coconut express was the wildest flight I've ever been on"but it was worth it.

Here's a tip for you.....Brudda Iz music will put Hawaii in your heart like no other.The "Facing Future" CD is a good one to start with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylcYdJxx ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cAbHGZ6F8M
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_Kamakawiwo%27ole

John Cruz is also a good listen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07SrFYQDiAE

Shaka Bra!

Last edited by Simba on Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:21 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I stand corrected, no wish, no accident, pure active Intent. Steve is the bomb. :)

Hey Tom, who wouldn't want an all expense paid trip to Death Valley with a side lecture at Cerro Coso Community College. This is actually something I can help "make happen" someday in the not too far off future. I mean, Death Valley and The Pinnacles in Trona,Tom and Pamela, all the sand, who could resist that? :)
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:45 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yes, Steve is the man. Way to go!

This is my favorite Brudda Iz song. It gives me chills everytime I hear it. Like Linus' pumpkin patch, I think this is the most sincere sounding version of this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ltAGuuru7Q

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:07 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

hehe, that would be a fun workshop to go to...Being that I live in Sacramento, it's not too far off :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Everyone,

Tom:
Quote:
I think it will be a very relaxed informal invent -- good conversation, good company and good fun in a wonderful location.
This is to be sure. I am wondering how easy or hard it will be to get Tom out of that suit and tie and into an Aloha hawaiian shirt for the lecture? If not, you're gonna be hot and Hawaii is very informal.

You guys gave me an idea about asking the sound guy to play some IZ during the breaks of the event. I think the non locals would like it. As for the locals...we hear IZ about 20 times a day out here, "Over the rainbow" is kinda like the Hawaii State National Anthem.

Steve.