Return Home
It is currently Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:01 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:08 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Steve,

To answer your question: I love laid back and comfortable -- I live in blue jeans and pullover shirts and only dress up when I have to... like when giving a lecture that is being filmed for wider distribution. In our world, appearance is generally much more important than content, facts, and truth taken together and multiplied by 10. When credibility is an issue, appearance is the only thing that carries any value because so very few are competent to accurately assess value. I don't have any Hawaiian shirts but I will do the best I can.

Tom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:18 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Tom,

Yes, i always go for laid back and comfortable as well. I think you just gave Pamela a good excuse to take you shopping once you get here!

Unity Church is open air concept. The sides of the main hall are all folding doors that can be opened up. They have big ceiling fans but i don't think air conditioning. Usually it is not hot enough that it is needed, but... if the room fills up with enough people I just want you to be comfortable.

Good luck and have fun in CA!

Steve.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:33 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

This is great news :D

I know you will all have a great time! Wish I could be there :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:38 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Bruddah IZ CD------$16.95

Hawiian Shirt-------$24.95

Luau---------------$49.95

Watching Uncle Tom choke down a great big bowl of Poi.....Priceless!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ramon- Yeah the man had the voice of an angel,the heart of a saint. Iz was one of the greatest "Feel" players in any category, his soulfulness is without question and rocked a uke like nobodys business.

Steve- I don't know which monkey we are on but that hundreth one will come soon with people like you helping the cause, I wish I could do what you are doing....I certainly would...What could be more important? Thanks for carrying the torch.

A big EMP burst of love to you and yours.

Blaine

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:34 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Steve, It is a good thing you are doing to get Tom here. I say here because I am in Maui now and have been here for over a month. The only bad thing about being here now is I am missing the Calif. lectures which I was only a two hour drive time from. Just my luck, when Tom is in Calif. I am in Hawaii and when he is in Hawaii I am in Calif and when he is in NY I am in Calif. Something is wrong with this picture. All I know is I would gladly give a body part to be in either place when he is there and I think it would be my right big toe. Short story but it sure does hurt.
Larry

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Steve are you and yours okay, safe from the tsunami from the Chili quake. Costa Mesa is under a tsunami warning right now too.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:18 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bette, don't worry. I have seen the broadcast for two hours now, the waves are not even a meter high.

Luckily.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Bette,

Yeah, it really ended up being no big deal. Just some swells. No damage, nobody injured or hurt.

They did make a really big deal out of it though. Air sirens starting at 0600am and every hour until 11:00am, all beaches closed, roads closed, malls closed, waikiki closed. It is a shame the way the news really proprogates the fear and worst case senarios.

It was really something to see the fear come out of the people, running to buy food, water, batteries, gas(this one i think is funny, where the heck do these people think they are going to run to? We live on a little island!)

But i guess better safe than sorry, i just wish they wouldn't panic the people so much.

Steve

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:12 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Bette,

Yeah, it really ended up being no big deal. Just some swells. No damage, nobody injured or hurt.

They did make a really big deal out of it though. Air sirens starting at 0600am and every hour until 11:00am, all beaches closed, roads closed, malls closed, waikiki closed. It is a shame the way the news really proprogates the fear and worst case senarios.

It was really something to see the fear come out of the people, running to buy food, water, batteries, gas(this one i think is funny, where the heck do these people think they are going to run to? We live on a little island!)

But i guess better safe than sorry, i just wish they wouldn't panic the people so much.

Steve
I'm glad it was just a panic attack, even though I agree the news propagates, I mean I am doing it as well sort of. I asked the hotel in Costa Mesa if she knew they were under tsunami warning, and she was like, yeah that's no big thing. I wonder if she will mention it to Tom, perhaps as my reason for canceling? Silly goose, it was the flash flood warnings, not the tsunami. :)

The gas thing is funny, generators?
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I am glad to hear, that it is not so bad for you Steve.

Lena

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 5:48 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
...only dress up when I have to... like when giving a lecture that is being filmed for wider distribution. ...
Sounds suspiciously like a belief system to me.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:45 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Quote:
...only dress up when I have to... like when giving a lecture that is being filmed for wider distribution. ...
Sounds suspiciously like a belief system to me.
Not to me, more like living in a reality so obsessed with appearances.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 4:31 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
more like living in a reality so obsessed with appearances.
Ok, then, it sounds like a belief system caused by societal peer pressure. Maybe the suit and tie helps with Tom's cred, but it seems so stuffy and conservative, and buttoned-up.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:40 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

From my generation's vantage point, wearing a suit and tie makes Tom Campbell seem very very old, if not "old world". This is quite ironic, since his message is cutting edge. I do think the suit and tie has the potential to turn off many people, since it brings up some very unpleasant societal connections, e.g., TV evangelists, Wall Street Brokers, Tony Robbins and his mega-marketing Self-Help seminars for ONLY $7000 a pop, corporate drones (does he bring a brief case to the presentation too?), etc.

This makes me wonder who Tom thinks is his target audience. It is the scientific elite? Do such people really respond to a suit?

Well, this is a trivial issue, but my ego often responds (perks up its ears) to such topics. I admit all the YOUTUBE presentations Tom has done in his stuffy suit have put me off a bit, but I certainly have looked past the "old world" appearance. I've been watching a lot of 1950's and early 1960's TV recently where seemingly all men wore such "monkey suits" all the time. Thank god the world has moved on (I work in a corporate business park with 8000 people and no men wear suits). So is Tom unconsciously dating himself? Is he unconsciously putting a separation between himself and his audience (which is obviously casually dressed?). Why?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next