Return Home
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:04 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

lol thanks Linda. Although to be honest with you, I keep changing photos, because I'm finding that when I'm making the picture that small it distorts my face and makes me look all funky... Just experimenting is all, trying to find the right photo at the right resolution, hehe...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:07 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
vestal nice photo :)
What Lynda said.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:42 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Clau:

I believe that Tom has said many time that no one needs any of the MBT or metaphysical information to lower their entropy.
And he also said that his learning in NPMR (helped by his practice) allowed him to lower his entropy in NPMR considerably (because of his learning experiences there), So, what do you think about this? This shows you how useful is to be open minded.
Quote:
You are the one equating the two as being necessary - which they aren't.
Your interpretation, not mine.
Quote:
I only know you by what you write. It seems to me that you are very controlling.
That's why I am saying you don't know me. I like people to think. I think some people might perceive me controlling because of their fears. If you act fearless and trying to learn without ego, you may notice that I'd like that and I will favor that. I am pro learning and pro change for the better. I am not passive when I see room for improvement.

Quote:
It takes one to know one because I am trying to work my way out of that myself. I too used to be very argumentative. I found it to be counter productive in the long run.
Me too. I used to argue when driving a lot. I improved on that a lot. In the board it is hard to really know how angry somebody is, because you don't hear the tone of the voice, etc. If you meet me at a party, with nice music, you may see a different Claudio, happy, without exchanging opinions too much. This board to me is a learning and teaching opportunity.
Quote:
I think you are missing the "love" part. If you focus on kindness and loving you are changing for the better because that is the end goal - not the best understanding of MBT you can manage. I don't know why you think Tom takes the "warrior path?" He seems like an infinitely kind and generous person. Even with the most novice questioners last night he showed them respect and kindness. He made sure he answered every one's questions thoroughly and never made anyone feel stupid. He never showed an attitude of self importance that he knew more than they did. Is this the "warrior's path?"
I think Ted posted a link up there about the warrior's path. It would be good if you can separate ego from learning. I don't learn about NPMR and Big Picture, so that people can see how smart I am, that is your perception. I do it because I always liked it (it's like somebody likes to talk about a sport because he/she enjoys it). I had NPMR experiences since I was a kid, and I was brought to a family environment (group of beings) that have psychic abilities (my mom, my sister, my daughter have as well). Instead of feeling that I try to be superior, take the attitude I do with Tom. I try to learn from him, detecting him as better, but not making it a negative, but a positive. You can change your attitude towards me and think that there is a possibility that this stupid guy that thinks he knows it all might be saying some things that make sense, and you can do some learning. I learn from other beings as well.
Quote:
Intent doesn't have anything to do with whether you get involved on the board or not.
We came to this PMR for learning. We can learn from opportunities. This board is one. I opt to try to learn and teach here, despite all the opposition I get.
Quote:
Someone could be a paragon of virtue and kindness in their personal life and choose to look at posts on the board without participating.
I presume most of them do that because of fear. AUM is smarter than us and it knows we learn better by interacting in this PMR than by just learning intellectually alone. Tom and Ted mention this often.

Quote:
Whether you participate or not may not have anything to do with how much you change. Someone could have a personal epiphany by reading something without ever participating. You can't force people to participate by telling them they won't evolve if they don't.
Everybody has free will and Ted posted how important is to respect the free will of others. I agree with that. If somebody does not want to post is his/her choice. If you, or somebody else does not want me to post back, just say so. You don't help too much if you stay silence. I didn't like when my ex wife used to tell me "You know why I am not talking to you", and I said "No, I don't". She won't teach me if she does not give me the reasons why. She was teaching me though that I won't do it to somebody else (don't talk to that person without saying why), because I found it not positive.
Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but who died and made you the Big Cheese? Only kidding.
I wanted you, Minnie mouse to eat part of my love, that's why :) I love humor, and fun.

Luv ya

Clau

> http://soprano.com <

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:57 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

You seem to be an expert in fear Claudio.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:10 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Sainbury and anybody else interested:

I found the post where Tom talks about his NPMR learning and what is the possible effect on evolution:
Quote:
Bob Monroe and others have described the backyard of consciousness. I started out in that back yard with a mission — a role I had been trained and groomed for since childhood (and to some extent long before that). I didn't stay in the back yard very long -- the execution of that mission has delivered experiences that I cannot put into a context that you could find credible (you will have to trust me on that) — like, for example, something similar to the way you probably find Monroe's experiences credible. That won't work here.

My most significant contributions to the evolution of consciousness, by far, have been in NPMR, not PMR. For reasons of effectiveness, I live here but my real job is there. Sounding like a madman (beyond credible) is not on the path to increasing the potential of a budding significant impact here in PMR. The potential gain (very small) is not worth the risk (large). There is plenty of description of the NPMR experience available to serve the purpose of opening people to the possibilities. If it is generally limited, belief bound, and PMR centric that is of little matter — at least it's concept of NPMR is somewhat comprehensible to its readers. One step at a time — too big of a step creates more confusion than illumination. This is not yet the time for bigger steps. Already I am pushing your credibility to the limit (perhaps past the limit) with this vague description — and I haven't even dipped in my pinky toe yet.
From here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2414

Clau

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:14 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
You seem to be an expert in fear Claudio.
Love
Bette
? BOOOOO!!!! lol

Clau

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:47 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I think to compare any of us to Tom is a huge mistake. We are kindergarten kids, and he is not your regular adult who lives across the street. He has never presented himself as a teacher, or a Teacher. I doubt that we can find anywhere, that Tom was saying, I am here to teach. I would definitely remember that, and it would the last words, that I read in MBT or on this board. He shares his knowledge and never belittles anybody by saying, I am not like you, you don't know me, I am this, or I am that. Tom has mentioned somewhere, that his life was carefully planned and prepared by many generations before him. He is here on a mission, and I remember, that he said that he was able to learn from these board members as well.

I think he would be very disappointed, if we will make him a role model. He repeats time and again - you need to learn yourself, taste your pudding, not to follow him, but be on your own journey.

Each of us has our own experience, and it is as much valuable, as anybody's else. We cannot learn by example, only our own experience is our teacher. And it is not enough to live trough it. What we are able to see, to hear, to become aware of our feelings and emotions and accept all of that is a lesson learned and only after that we are allowed to move on. It is not what we think about ourselves as a person, it is how people see us. When we become aware of how we are, as we are in a darkness of our IOUC, and will be able to discard an image of our self, which was created, odored and cherished by our ego, only then we can say, yes, I've learned something in this life.

Lena

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:14 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Tom specifically said to my face that he is not a teacher, he is not here to teach. I told him, oh well, because you're teaching me a bunch, or something like that. It may even be in the NYC video, unless it was at a break time. Lynda, do you recall? I know when I said the word "teach" or "teacher" he actually had almost a knee jerk reaction, to me. Like, no, no, no, that's not my mission.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:43 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Tom specifically said to my face that he is not a teacher, he is not here to teach. I told him, oh well, because you're teaching me a bunch, or something like that. It may even be in the NYC video, unless it was at a break time. Lynda, do you recall? I know when I said the word "teach" or "teacher" he actually had almost a knee jerk reaction, to me. Like, no, no, no, that's not my mission.
Thank you Bette. This is very important to hear for all of us on this board. Otherwise time will pass, and Tom, who cannot be here all the time, can be substituted with his image. It can paint Tom as a teacher, a guru, another Apostle, or, why not ;-)) as a Messiah. I think we have to place your words somewhere here on a board, may be bellow a header, that all of us, board members, newcomers, or just passers by can read it and remember. This is not a place, where we are professing Tom's teaching. MBT is not a new bible. This a learning class, and all of us only pupils here, no teachers whatsoever.

Lena

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:55 am 
Curator
Curator

Excellent expressions of understanding, Lena and Bette.

You must all in fact be your own teachers. Tom is providing information. Very valuable information and leading edge physics. However as he has noted, you are not learning anything by simple intellectual comprehension of what he wrote in My Big TOE. He advises you to treat that with open minded skepticism and to "taste the pudding". Only by testing out the concepts from MBT and experiencing within your own perceptions the truth, tasted the pudding, will you have in fact taught yourself as your own teacher. The kind of information offered by Tom is something that only has real meaning when incorporated into your self, at the being level, and made a part of your true self as opposed to just something that you know as words as an intellectual concept.

Ted

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:00 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well it would be nice to have some corroboration since this is a VR, and I could have been the only one getting that stream, right?
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:35 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hello:

I concur with Ted's posts. It does not matter as much what you say or write, than what your intents are. Everybody is a student and a teacher. Tom knows that. It is in our free will to be more of one of the two or both. We make choices. I can say that I am special, unique and different, that I am a teacher. It is up to you to take it as something positive, negative, coming from ego and all that won't change a bit of how I am. You choose the entropy lowering or increasing that you can create after you read my words.

Claudio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

There was, at one point, just yesterday, I think, just a couple of pages of posts on this thread. Suddenly there are 6. I see that it has gotten side tracked a little, having contracted a case of "board-itis" (it happens on all boards occasionally).

Not to throw the current group interactive meditation on ego off track, but I was wondering if there was a synopsis of how the webinar went posted somewhere?

I would have like to have participated in it, but I knew that there was just no way that a thousand distractions here at home would have let me do that. If it were in the middle of the night, and maybe a little shorter, that would've made it easier to join in.

Anyways, if there is a post about the substance of the webinar somewhere, would someone PM a link?

TIA,

Montana

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Montana,
The Hawaii event was great from where I sat. It started a few minutes late, but then Tom talked for a couple of hours, then we took a break and came back and Tom answered questions for a couple of hours, including topics like deja vu, kundalini, autistic children and spiral torsion waves. Then we took a break and came back and Tom led us through 7 experiential exercises (5 healings and two remote viewings), and then he went over the answers with us and then opened it up for a couple more questions.
Yeahboy got his photo taken with Tom during one of the breaks. :)
Tom was standing at the podium for the first part, seated in a chair for Q&A, and then standing at the podium again for experiential exercises. The effects incorporated into the webcast were perfection. Picture in picture with Tom in the lower right corner and his slide taking up most of the screen, but when he turned around and laser-pointed or looked at the slide, the picture in picture reflected it beautifully! It really looked like he was looking at the slide!
Towards the end of the day, Steve asked everyone in the church to turn around and wave at everyone viewing remotely. I liked that part.
Except for not being able to feel the heat and taste the food, I really felt like I was there!

Edit: I should mention, there were a few glitchy places where our audio and/or video froze up, but they never lasted long, it was just slightly frustrating to miss bits here and there, especially if it seemed like he was about to say something really important. Hopefully the DVD quality will be smoother than the live transmission was.

Last edited by AeroLynda123 on Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yeah, but what did he say Lynda? :)

Hey, did anyone keep the chat? :P
Love
Bette

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next