Return Home
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:38 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:20 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Does anyone know if Sharon from the New York workshop ever joined MBT?
Maybe:
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5396
Though it could be any Sharon?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:40 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you SS, it's certainly possible. I thought I looked all through the S's and nothing popped out at me, I appreciate you digging that up :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:41 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Does anyone know if Sharon from the New York workshop ever joined MBT?
Was she with Beth?
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:33 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

No, she was blond and on her own. She sometimes wore glasses. I remember the lady who was with Beth, but I don't know her name :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:24 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
No, she was blond and on her own. She sometimes wore glasses. I remember the lady who was with Beth, but I don't know her name :)
I actually remember her, we talked about some stuff not MBT, about health care I think. :) No idea if she joined, but if she did you would think eventually she'd run across this post.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:35 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Happy One Year anniversary to everyone I met in Real Life last year at this time! RonC, OM, Ray J, Keith, Donna, Tom, Pamela, BETTE!, Katie, Arthur, Beth, Sharon (where ARE you Sharon?), Dennis M, Edge, SkyeLad and his lass, who am I forgetting? Insane Coder was there but I don't think we met, and Alan Steinfeld was supposed to be there but I never did see him, either day.

And to those of you who go to Calgary, may you have as amazing an experience as my first "weekend with Tom" was!

What a year it's been!!

Love,
Lynda

Edit: 5-1-11@1:30AM

Ok, so I am reminiscing over first finding, and then meeting Tom. One year ago this weekend - meeting Tom for the first time, and knowing it wouldn't be the last.

But one and a half years ago, I started pummeling Tom with my questions. I just wanted to know EVERYTHING! And, dutiful fan that I am, I've saved all the back and forth (well ok, maybe not ALL, but definitely the vast majority) of emails I've had with Tom.

I am not in the habit of making stuff like this public, so it may end up trickling out of me in dribs and drabs like this.

But this one is extraordinarily special and meaningful to me, and it's only my side of the conversation which I totally have permission to share with you all.

So here it is, the first time I ever said (in an email) "I love you" to Tom:
Quote:

Good morning Tom,

Your story about Bob Monroe's magical money-manifesting pants pocket, (and the fact that you also had a place you could go to find money when you were a kid) has sparked something in me. I hoped maybe I could have a special place where money would appear as well. After listening to your Shirley MacLaine interview I started working towards that and do you know what happened? $628 appeared in my savings account last Thursday, a refund of escrow I had overpaid on my mortgage through the course of the year. Coincidence?

(I had asked for it to appear in my refrigerator, but having it show up in my savings account was I guess more believable for me).

Will there ever be a time when you will expound on this? Maybe tell us how we can have something similar in our lives?

Also, will you ever divulge the content of those tests you and Bob were put through? I am so interested in hearing more about the tests, particularly the one where you said you both "bombed out" or maybe it was just the last question. And also what your answers were.

Regarding your "books on the horizon", is the order they appear on the site, the same order they will appear in real life? (haha, I may have to rethink my use of that expression...) I ask because I can hardly wait for your book on the significance of gender. Could you please write that one first? I am an excellent proofreader, it would be my pleasure to go over any draft material and provide feedback if you'd like. Typos jump off the page at me.

Here's one I've been wanting to ask for a while now: People call you "doctor". I did too in the beginning, but I see no evidence of your having earned your PhD. You mention your thesis, and you've mentioned graduate school, but did you get your doctorate, or what?

I have the feeling your books can change the world. You told Chuck and Karen it's starting to make a difference. You've told me you don't discuss the future because it can be distracting and of course I respect that. But are these times we're in right now, tied in with what those workers saw that made them gasp, when they sealed off your passage when you were a kid? Or maybe they saw that you were going to be an early explorer and in on the invention of hemi-synch?

How do you feel about your books being available on Google for free? May I share that link with people if they are interested?

What do you want for your birthday? Lots of people retire at the age of 65, something tells me you are not going to be one of them!

I guess that's about it for now. As always, I appreciate any answers you feel like sharing with me. I hope I am not too much of a pest.

Unabashedly, I love you.

Lynda
The subject line of the email was "What else could this be? More questions from AeroLynda" after calling the first one, "Fan Mail and some questions from AeroLynda" followed by "More" and "Still More" (questions from AeroLynda) and variations on the theme, always with a little bit of a break in between because I was mulling his last email and formulating my reply. Emailing with Tom was such a delight for me, but eventually I started feeling guilty over taking up so much of his time and backed off. I know he's there for me if I really need him, and in the mean time (in the nice time) I would rather make sure he has enough time to do all he needs to do.

I just have to point out the irony of the line "I am an excellent proofreader...typos jump off the page at me". I pointed it out when I was nearly finished proofreading the books. I sent it to him again for whatever reason and just said I thought it was so ironic.

I have grown to love and appreciate Tom's quirky sense of humor and in some small way, over the 19 months now since I found him, I hope once in a while I've tickled him with mine.

And I hope he doesn't mind me talking about him as if he is not in the room, that is a subject for another thread altogether ;)

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 10:06 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I have a lot more time to listen to Tom, than to watch him, so I did an audio capture of the NYC workshop in MP3 format, from the MBT Events Channel on YouTube. Yes, I know, the audio quality leaves something to be desired, I could not do anything about that. Some of it is inaudible to me and some is too loud, but I can understand most of it. I thought I would make the MP3s available to all who would like to download them. The links will be up for two weeks.

TOM'S PRESENTATION
Segments 01-16 48MB http://www.adrive.com/public/607b8dc763 ... 9b70b.html
Segments 17-22 43MB http://www.adrive.com/public/cf3cf61f95 ... 7a028.html
Segments 23-27 24MB http://www.adrive.com/public/3d9952080c ... cc55a.html
Segments 28-38 48MB http://www.adrive.com/public/3f5c5d78b5 ... ddec0.html

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Segments 01-09 44MB http://www.adrive.com/public/4f91bef119 ... 43758.html
Segments 10-16 32MB http://www.adrive.com/public/eb161f9aff ... 408b8.html

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 1:23 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thank you Whitcomb! I know I asked about Deja Vu and "recess" and I haven't heard those sections yet, but I am truly thankful to be able to listen to this continuously and on the Q&A part at least, I don't find any issues with the audio. Just some ambulances going by. I don't even hear all the static that was making some people jump when it came across the PA. I hate to sound critical, and I hope K&D don't take this wrong, but I was disappointed when the YouTubes came out, because of the way our questions were posed. I love the NC audio because I can hear Bette and Ted and Edge and Ron and Les and everyone, which I so far haven't been able to enjoy with any of the material from New York.

K&D know I am looking forward to that workshop on DVD if and when it becomes a reality, but it certainly is not the end of the world if I never get to see it. I was really nervous! Can't believe I almost didn't go.

During the Placebo Effect discussion, which is easily my favorite part of the Q&A so far, I definitely heard myself laugh at Tom's hyperbole of how they have to come out with "new Ultra-Wonderful" whatever new drug they're hawking. This makes me think of Chronopolis our ad man. My degree is in Marketing and I sometimes wonder what would have happened, had I pursued Advertising like I wanted to at one time.

New York was such a great weekend, creating incredible, rich, 3D-plus (4D? 5D?) memories.

Whitcomb, you were there? I am sorry we did not meet then, glad we met in NC, and very pleased to now be able to associate a face with the name. Thanks for everything!

Lynda

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 8:50 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

wow thanks

peace
patrick

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 4:48 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks Whitcomb, that was kind of you to share. I look forward to listening.

-Montana

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I think this was one of my favorite parts of the 1st Q&A (starting at 9:22 but the funny part is @9:50). Tom says "It's a continuing process. What we're doing is, becoming more, we're going to become love.
We haven't gotten there yet, we'll get there tomorrow, ..."
Did anyone else pick up on that?

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:08 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I think this was one of my favorite parts of the 1st Q&A (starting at 9:22 but the funny part is @9:50). Tom says "It's a continuing process. What we're doing is, becoming more, we're going to become love.
Yes, I think he was sayng we would get to that part of his lecture the next day.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 6:14 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, I think he was sayng we would get to that part of his lecture the next day.
Love
Bette
Right, but the way it came out was awfully adorable. What a great weekend that was!!

Bette, in the video, you and I are smiling and talking to each other over Arthur in between us right after Tom said it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5uEz9X1 ... re=related
from about 00:52 to 00:56.

Love,
Lynda

Edit: 05/15/2011@11:47PM

Copied from the Mass MBT Meetup and Home from the Get Together threads: New Englanders/New Yorkers/Northeastern TOEHeads - want to join me in putting together a Northeast US regional group?