Power Poster

bummer, perhaps next time....:)
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:53 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Thank you all for your comments, now the DVD version is officially finished: http://www.martinpeniak.com and will be soon available on mybigtoe.

Keep smiling :D
martin
The whole speech in one now at - http://vimeo.com/11005286

Well done, again, all involved!

Arthur

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:55 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

This must be what I was waiting for Arthur, thank you. Thank you ALL too.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:57 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Yes, thank you for sharing this; and to all who were a factor in it being received by me. :)

Fear is the target, Love is the arrow, Courage is the draw.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:23 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Have just watched the first 20 or so minutes of Tom's lecture - wonderful.
But I have a question - its been kicking around with me for a while now - but when Tom mentioned the bit about the hemi-sync and said that some people went unconscious almost straight away and then thought they had fallen asleep but he said that they had not it got me thinking about what has been happening to me.
Since I have gone back to meditating - almost 2 years now - at first I got into a very deep state of relaxation and sit back in my awareness and been able to watch my thoughts and emotions etc until they settle down. Then things went from there to me becoming unconscious in a matter of minutes and I seem to be dreaming yet I don't really think I have fallen asleep. This happens most of the time now and I am thinking what is the diffenence between sleep and meditation when the result is this dreaming? Very often I can feel myself shifting between the porthole - the hypnogogic state - I was reading about that recently I didn't even know there was a word for what I had been experiencing! I do this both going to sleep and meditating. The dreams in both are not lucid but I have been finding that while I am dreaming I ask myself "I am dreaming" and I look around in the dream and look at the detail in things there and I think to myself "there is no way this is a dream." The thing is I go from this reality and I feel myself go through the porthole - its an odd sensation - then I am in another reality instantly. Often time I oscillate at first between the two realities before I fully settle into that dream state - which I might add I can not control.
Also another odd thing is that over some years I have been trying to see the 3D images in the magic picture books and only once or twice I had managed to see them. Now no problem at all it is instant and it seems to be linked to meditating.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:26 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Helena,
How I interpreted what Tom says about some of the naive (didn't know about hemi-sync or what was being presented) people thinking they had fallen asleep, but they hadn't, was this. When infants are presented with too much stimulation which is the same thing as data, they basically pass out as a psyche or perhaps neurological, not sure at this point, defense mechanism. So listening to Tom talk about the people that responded to hemi-sync by "going unconscious" I think they were probably experiencing that same phenomena of too much data for either their brain or belief systems, not sure at this point, to handle.

I think your experiences are very cool. Thank you for sharing them.
Love
bette

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:22 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Helena,

The "click out" process (that is what the folks at TMI call it) is usually due to a person being unable or unwilling to process the data they get or think they might get. Being unable or unwilling usually derives from fear and belief. There is an array of different fears and beliefs that can cause click-out. A common one among left brained smart people is a fear that their "experience" will be made up rather than "real" (a result that is useless and unacceptable) combined with the knowledge that they have no way to tell the difference. The solution to the stress of that untenable situation is to lose consciousness all together. Their problem lies with their assessment of both truth and value and an intolerance of ambiguity -- in other words they have a simplistic and ridged concept of truth, undervalue ambiguous experience, and do not live gracefully with uncertainty. All left brain habits of smart linear "logical" thinking within an objective reality.

Tom

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:41 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Thank you for that Tom - that is clear to me now on the hemi sync
The thing for me is to keep at the meditating - I think I am making some break throughs in that I am questioning if it is a dream I am in while in the other reality. As soon as I do this each time I really start to look at things - once I looked at a very complex beaded ball I was holding another time I was reading an article in a paper and went back and re read it just to make sure I was not dreaming. It is still probably my old belief system still thinking that these are dreams.
I have to say MBT has made such a difference to my life - I know it wasn't probably meant to make one happy but since seeing the bigger picture I am happy just about most of the time - something just clicked in for me and it is with me all the time. If things don't go very well I accept it as part of the whole and move through it instead of putting a fight and resisting everything. Some time back I got very angry about something that had happened - and I just went right into being very angry - then I saw so clearly that it was totally irrational - it was quite a profound realization - the anger went and I have not experienced that emotion since.

Great work Tom - one day I hope you can get to Sydney to do a talk.

cheers
Helena

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Fantasic job on the filming of these videos! So far it's the best I've seen!!! I think I'm going to actually get this DVD for the quality alone!!!.. YouTube is great, but I'd rather have it on a DVD where I can watch it from time to time without fear of it going away.

Again, great job on the production!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 5:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I finally watched the rest of this, and I have a bit of a disagreement on what Tom says regarding the law of attraction in the youtube section 8 of 12 at about the 7:00 minute mark.

Tom was talking about the Law of Attraction and event hough he mentions that it can often work, he talks about 1 specific example on how one man desired to have someone in a suit walk up and hand him 100k. I guess he visualized this over several months and then several months later he received mention that a few of his family members were in a horrible accident that killed them, and so a man in a suite did give him the 100k that he had visualized. Basically Tom says that this is why you need to be careful of this. Other than this example that Tom mentioned, I've never ever heard of anything like this ever happening due to LOA.

Now, from my understanding, you can't program the future of someone elses consciousness through your own intent. I think the world would have destroyed itself years ago if that were the case. For example, can you imagine if it were just that easy for someont sit back and focus their intent on someone they didn't like to be killed for their own ego satisfaction and it were that easy for that to happen?

For example say I had a brother, he's on his own learning path here and the evolving of his own consciousness through growth. Are you telling me that through my own intent, I can cause his death through my own intent regardless of what his own path is? Something just doesn't ring true about this..... This just goes so contrary to what I've read in Seth, Conversations with God and tons of other metaphysical books....the list goes on and on.....

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:29 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Vestal, I'm glad you brought this up. This example really bothered me as well. I hope Tom sees this and clarifies what he was saying.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:40 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Tom talked on this during the NYC workshop and it is a case of you are visualizing something, but how the actual thing that manifests manifests it could not be what you really wanted. You saw or attracted that man walking with the check towards you, but the details behind how that came to be are not under your control. Does that make sense? You didn't intend the death that brought the man with the check, but that is what happened to get that result so be careful is my understanding.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:44 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Vestal, I'm glad you brought this up. This example really bothered me as well. I hope Tom sees this and clarifies what he was saying.

I agree Sainbury, everything up to that point was ringing true to me based upon my own studies in metaphysics, but that example was such an extreme contrast on my own experiences using LOA.

Now, with healing it's different because the one to be healed can have the intent to be healed. Most everyone who has a disease, WANTS to be healed. Now, they can still block that healing, mostly un-intentionally, but unless someone has an "intent" to die, then I don't see how someone's practicing LOA can cause this to occur to another individual. I've seen and read hundreds of examples of LOA working and bringing someone money, and I can't think of a single example where I seen it done at the expense of someone's life.... That's why I don't put much confidence in this single example that Tom provides.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:51 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hello:

I think Tom's intent on the example was for people to focus on positive action towards others, instead of just focusing on making tons of money for yourself. It is not an example to generalize or make wrong conclusions. You may influence reality but there are lots of other variables that influence reality as well (e.g. beings plans, CS plans, etc., etc.). It is the result of all the variables with their respective weights, like in a physical problem. The best solution is a positive learning from an example, like Tom's.

BTW, Tom never said that the person that got the 100K was the cause of the deaths, but you can certainly influence an early termination of some FWAU if you focus your intent. You can go with CS or against CS. Going against CS is a not recommended path and prone to failure. Don't forget that CS favors learning, evolution, and not necessarily prolonging life or FWAUs.

Claudio

> http://soprano.com <

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:02 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I kinda see what you are seeing Bette, but that also goes against the LOA in general. For example let's look iat from the side of the those people who died in the accident. What was the learning goals of those that died in the accident? Was dying in the accident part of their plan? I suppose it could be. Did they somehow collectively attract that experience into their life? Was it something they determined pre-birth? That reasoning I can understand, and it does make sense from a metaphysical standpoing, but I can't imagine a guide telling them, no your deaths were due to one of your relatives wanting to receive 100k from a man in a suit, and in order for that to happen, the conditions had to line up to bring him that money, and your accident that killed you was part of what needed to happen in order to receive that money from a man in a suit. That just doesn't even ring remotely true to me.

Now again, if Tom can cite more specific examples where this has occured, then perhaps I'd start re-evaulating what metaphysics has been teaching for years,
but one example can't really sway my opinion, when I have so many other examples that show just the opposite. I guess it's just one of those things where we would have to agree to disagree, but that's okay as well :).