Return Home
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:28 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:49 am 
Curator
Curator

Lynda,

Think again. You have never been contacted out of concern for what you were posting. Only about concern for you as a person for one reason or another. If I had snatched you up to tell you off, you would have known it.

This is an adults board, not a children's board. Gratuitous swearing is not useful if overused but things happen and sometimes a spade is called a spade when shovel would do. No one here should be afraid of words any more. Being an adult also includes some responsibility and self control. What is not wanted is repetitive argument without logical content. Even significant disagreement if conducted civilly and with actual discourse and logic, reasoned argument, instead of posturing and repeated disagreement without paying attention to offered explanation is accepted within reason. What we don't want is for me to have to hear in PMs about how 'I won't go on so and so's threads when he starts up again' or 'I am having to leave the board because I find too much contention there which bothers me'. Tom said stop this please, approved of and contributed to some of the wording of the new 'rules', and largely that is what has happened. We did not have a written policy and now we do. No more Georgia mule treatments as no longer necessary with other tools available. If that is not believed, then there may have to be more exits. But we basically seem to be experiencing peace and tranquility for some time in comparison to the past.

Ted

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:48 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Many of them are yours, just like this one above, Lynda. Knock it off.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 1:50 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Lynda,

Think again. You have never been contacted out of concern for what you were posting. Only about concern for you as a person for one reason or another. If I had snatched you up to tell you off, you would have known it.

Ted
I wasn't actually referring to anything you've done Ted, please keep in mind you are not the only moderator or administrator on this board. To say that I have NEVER been contacted is both ill-informed and incorrect,
Quote:
Many of them are yours, just like this one above, Lynda. Knock it off.
Love
Bette
I didn't think I posted my own words, but the global announcement we all should be aware of, I am not sure what you are accusing me of here, Bette, but if you could please be more specific as to what "it" is, I will be happy to try knocking it off, if that will please you.

Love,
Lynda