Return Home
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:40 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 Next
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:59 am 

Thank you very much for posting the chat with uncle Tom .

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:49 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Thank you very much for posting the chat with uncle Tom .
Hi meerdara, and welcome to Tom's MBT discussion groups. That was a nice thing to happen wasn't it, the chat and posting it, and all. I agree, and add my thanks as well.
Love to you and yours,
Bette

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:53 am 

i have been following this post for a while but recently i decided to register on this forum , i think i herd your voice too in fireside chat !!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:30 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
i have been following this post for a while but recently i decided to register on this forum , i think i herd your voice too in fireside chat !!
Hi me (may I call you "me"?), I was late to the gig and wasn't on this one. I will be on the next one though, hopefully.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:53 am 

lol yeh "me" sounds so much better , i think i'll change it to "me" now (if i can) . Looking forward to hear you guys in the gig :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:29 am 

I've been following Tom for abt more than a year n ve listened to almost every interview n workshop of his..
This talk is the best thing i ve ever heard, you guys are gr8, and I cant thank you enough Tom for making things so simple.

when will u guys have another session like this?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:48 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I've been following Tom for abt more than a year n ve listened to almost every interview n workshop of his..
This talk is the best thing i ve ever heard, you guys are gr8, and I cant thank you enough Tom for making things so simple.

Hi faisal, and welcome to Tom's MBT discussion forums. Your question probably speeded up the when a bit, thank you. Do you have any questions in mind?
Love to you and yours,
Bette

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:53 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:

You can get a smidgen of the picture from YouTube and podcasts, but you really need to read the book to understand it. Then the videos and podcasts will be a lot more meaningful.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:24 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I agree Linda, but am having trouble finding the google book trilogy link.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

this one?

http://books.google.com/books?id=RYHtBP ... &q&f=false

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:39 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Yes, as a matter of fact it is. Thank you Justin. I have bookmarked it.

faisal, here you go to read the book if you want.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:52 am 

Thank you bette, linda and justin, I already got em in hard copies and have almost finished the Book1, going very slow with breaks (sometimes more than months), right now on the break session, after Book1 I might start Book3 and then Book2

no questions for now.. just digesting the information and in the process of rejecting everything that was once considered sacred or religious, or in other words understanding mystics in modern metaphors, and differentiating the fundamental from metaphors, getting all new dimension on the sayings of saints and other stuff.. seems they are all seeing the same picture or this might be more appropriate to say that they were interpreting data according to their belief systems, based on culture, religion and society.

love you all

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:59 am 
Curator
Curator

faisal,

You mentioned "understanding mystics in modern metaphors". Do you mean references to the Void, Indra's Net => RWW and jewels of consciousness on Indra's Net => IUOCs? Do you see specific others?

Ted

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:19 pm 

No Ted, its not what i mean.

Actually im from Pakistan (indo-pak subcontinent) and here in east we have the immense history of saints followed by different Khanqahi systems, each have their own rituals and spiritual exercises, to get close to the god and achieve different levels, states and powers... to be guided by the saints who have passed away and many many many other theories.
they are all related to different religions and sects.

MBT enhances my vision to see them beyond religion and tells that these are all tools and metaphors, nothing sacred or fundamental about them.

on my own im just a beginner having hard time to get the control in that state, no specific others but having a sense of guidance by some superior force (like everybody thinks he has).. lets see how i tackle or what comes to me and where i go.

laters...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:58 pm 

and sorry if i misunderstood u about what u were asking me and for my english, as its not my first language

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 Next