Return Home
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:29 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:14 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

faisal - Your English seems quite good. You seem to have a good start to understanding physical and non-physical reality in a non-religious way.

Welcome to the board.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:58 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Faisal,

Your English is excellent.

Faisal: "Actually im from Pakistan (indo-pak subcontinent) and here in east we have the immense history of saints followed by different Khanqahi systems"

By Khanqahi are you referring to the Sufis? I have always found that group interesting particularly the writings of Rumi.

Ramon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:09 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Lynda why don't you go ahead and work on the first 42 minutes
OK I have finished transcribing the first 15 minutes and have made an initial pass at the first 41:08. I will keep you posted on my progress.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Quote:
Lynda why don't you go ahead and work on the first 42 minutes
OK I have finished transcribing the first 15 minutes and have made an initial pass at the first 41:08. I will keep you posted on my progress.
Good, because I have done nada. Thank you sugar. :)
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:35 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Good, because I have done nada.
In that case, maybe I'll just take on the whole first hour. Ok?

ps - you called me sugar :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:22 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Quote:
Good, because I have done nada.
In that case, maybe I'll just take on the whole first hour. Ok?

ps - you called me sugar :)
Okay, thank you, sugar. I did it again. :)
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:29 am 

Quote:
Faisal,

Your English is excellent.

Faisal: "Actually im from Pakistan (indo-pak subcontinent) and here in east we have the immense history of saints followed by different Khanqahi systems"

By Khanqahi are you referring to the Sufis? I have always found that group interesting particularly the writings of Rumi.

Ramon
yeah they all belong to that school of thought, and Rumi was the pioneer.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:22 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
yeah they all belong to that school of thought, and Rumi was the pioneer.
I always wondered why Islam seemed to be missing a mystical vein and now I see that I missed this one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sufism

I sure hope you hang around for awhile...we could really use an Islamic voice conversant in mysticism here.

Are there not some Muslim countries where this topic would be considered to be occultish, and one could get into some serious trouble for posting?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:33 pm 

Quote:
I sure hope you hang around for awhile...we could really use an Islamic voice conversant in mysticism here.
Actually right now I'm more interested in exploring realities in a non religious way. Wanna bit grip on MBT
Quote:
Are there not some Muslim countries where this topic would be considered to be occultish, and one could get into some serious trouble for posting?
Not really. There is a vast majority which dont believe in Sufism at all in almost every Muslim country, they dont even consider it as a part of Islam. Saudi Arabia & other UAE states are 'Wahabi' school of thought, which totally reject mysticism's indulgence in Islam

And obviously its way how you tell people.. there could be many which consider it as a attack on their religion.. same case as in other countries and religions.

Open minded & Skepticism... :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:17 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Faisal !

Can you pinpoint an event that led you to MBT or a primary interest that MBT helps you understand ?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:33 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Quote:
Actually right now I'm more interested in exploring realities in a non religious way. Wanna bit grip on MBT
for sure....I don't think there is anyone hanging around that is still dominated by their earlier influences or religious upbringing

once in a while someone touches on linkages to Buddhism or Christianity or Edgar Cayce or Spiritualism and so on, especially if there is a newcomer who is recently graduated from one of those systems

...in my short experience here, and my longer experience elsewhere, never came across someone who could speak to graduate school "advanced Islam" should any questions come up...though, I am probably more interested in this than others.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:11 pm 

Quote:
Can you pinpoint an event that led you to MBT or a primary interest that MBT helps you understand ?
Quote:
for sure....I don't think there is anyone hanging around...
Sorry for MIA and replying late.
There are many scattered thoughts, past events , cultural and religious stories which helps me understand MBT and in return MBT shows me a whole new picture and logic of them. Elaborate them and put them in words, and specially in English is tough and a time demanding job.

Here, it’s a common perception that there’s a world beyond our sight and it has a system which has its own hierarchies, like any system in our world. In that world, there are different people have different duties according to their levels and they have interference/influence in our worldly matters. To experience that world, one has to follow a Murshad (Master), without a master one will be lost.
Murshad is the person who teaches his Mureed (student/disciple) different rituals and spiritual exercises to gain different levels on the path to enlightenment.
Master and student has a very unique relationship. Master has an eye on all of his students (in a spiritual way), like he know what they are thinking, he will guide them in spiritual ways, he also knows when each one of his student is facing difficulty (this world’s or spiritual) and help, heal, and guide them, physical distances doesn't matter.

They also have gatherings where they praise God, have learning sessions and other rituals. And there are sessions where they just sit in silence with the master for hours, as they are enjoying some company and getting wisdom. Even the master has passed away, student still can communicate and get guidance from him.

Its just a very very small picture. There’s a whole lot more concepts and philosophies.
Thanks for the idea kroeran, I got what you are saying and will TRY to elaborate and communicate time to time.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:27 pm 
Curator
Curator

Faisal,

Tom has referred to the master/student model of spiritual development and guidance in the past. He noted that we have a new world which much different characteristics now which makes a new model for spreading spiritual/metaphysical understanding necessary now. We have global communication via the Internet. We 6++ billions of population now. We have very rapid travel unless you are truly out there beyond the reach of aviation and railway and roadway systems. We are developing world communication on a person to person basis. Thus a spiritual 'traveler' into the hidden reality and author can reach many and provide information, although it means that the personal contact and interpersonal responsibility will be missing.

I hope that you find useful information here in your quest for understanding.

Ted

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

"your task is not to seek for love. your task is, simply, to seek those places inside yourself where you've built barriers against it" ~Rumi~

peace
patrick

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:51 am 

Quote:
"your task is not to seek for love. your task is, simply, to seek those places inside yourself where you've built barriers against it" ~Rumi~
true pgtrue :)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 Next