Return Home
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:04 pm

All times are UTC-06:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 810 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:16 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:00 pm
Posts: 670
Wow that was a great interview, I'd definitely like to hear more of those! Thank you everyone for putting this together. It just seems like Tom is an apparently infinite unbounded source of knowledge and wisdom. ;)

_________________
Mike


Last edited by msagansk on Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:17 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 5:54 pm
Posts: 2088
Thank you Justin. Thank you Tom and all who were part of this.

Lena

_________________
'Real knowledge is to know the extent of ones ignorance.' Confucius.


Top
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:15 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:54 pm
Posts: 2707
Location: Miami, FL
Quote:
You took the bait Lynda, intended or not.
Love
Bette
I guess that Lynda and you created your own realities. I just liked that voice. Everything else is in your minds, not in mine.

Interesting, neither Lynda nor you, nor anybody commented on this:
Quote:
I fell in love with William's voice.
I don't mind what people feel. Let it be, let them be ...

Clau

_________________
"Every moment can be as good as you want it to be."
"Experience is the ultimate teacher."

> http://soprano.com <


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:26 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:35 am
Posts: 9999
Location: Ridgecrest, CA
Quote:
Quote:
You took the bait Lynda, intended or not.
Love
Bette
I guess that Lynda and you created your own realities. I just liked that voice. Everything else is in your minds, not in mine.

Interesting, neither Lynda nor you, nor anybody commented on this:
Quote:
I fell in love with William's voice.
I don't mind what people feel. Let it be, let them be ...

Clau
Point?

_________________
All That Is
what is?
Consciousness.


Top
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:28 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:35 am
Posts: 9999
Location: Ridgecrest, CA
Quote:
I fell in love with William's voice. It was either Vicki or Lynda, Claudio. I'd have to listen, a slight English accent is Vicki, a sultry voice is Lynda. I already fell in love with their voices.
Love
Bette
Context Claudio, I know how that is something you don't get. Here it is for you.
Love
Bette

_________________
All That Is
what is?
Consciousness.


Top
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:29 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 1:39 pm
Posts: 1247
Okay, so here is a mpeg-4 version (.m4a). It has chapters and other embedded metatdata (which I hope I did correctly). This should import well into iTunes, etc and iPods and other players.

Click to play or right click and save:
http://snodart.com/snodpublic/Fireside%20Chat.m4a

spread this at will.

I will also try to get another mp3 version up with a smaller file size.

The youtube versions of each question are on the way as well. Froggy, can I get a picture of you (decent resolution) for this? PM me to let me know.

_________________
-"You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you might find... you get what you need"


Top
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:32 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:35 am
Posts: 9999
Location: Ridgecrest, CA
Consider it spread. :) Thank you so much for this Justin, this is follow though.
Love
Bette

_________________
All That Is
what is?
Consciousness.


Top
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:55 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:54 pm
Posts: 2707
Location: Miami, FL
Quote:
Quote:
I fell in love with William's voice. It was either Vicki or Lynda, Claudio. I'd have to listen, a slight English accent is Vicki, a sultry voice is Lynda. I already fell in love with their voices.
Love
Bette
Context Claudio, I know how that is something you don't get. Here it is for you.
Love
Bette
Thanks. I get it. You easily fall in love with whatever.

Clau

_________________
"Every moment can be as good as you want it to be."
"Experience is the ultimate teacher."

> http://soprano.com <


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:56 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:54 pm
Posts: 2707
Location: Miami, FL
Thanks a lot Justin!

Clau

_________________
"Every moment can be as good as you want it to be."
"Experience is the ultimate teacher."

> http://soprano.com <


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:35 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:35 am
Posts: 9999
Location: Ridgecrest, CA
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I fell in love with William's voice. It was either Vicki or Lynda, Claudio. I'd have to listen, a slight English accent is Vicki, a sultry voice is Lynda. I already fell in love with their voices.
Love
Bette
Context Claudio, I know how that is something you don't get. Here it is for you.
Love
Bette
Thanks. I get it. You easily fall in love with whatever.

Clau
You challange that, except for the fact that yes, I love All That Is, but I don't have tofall in like with it all.
Love
Bette

_________________
All That Is
what is?
Consciousness.


Top
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:53 am 
Offline
Newbie
Newbie

Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:36 am
Posts: 1
Location: Germany
I really enjoyed listening to this discussion with Tom. I've been listening to all available mp3s and talks on Youtube and this one really goes down into depth like non of the other available material. Just in case you're taking questions from a Newbie to the forum for a future discussion, I'd like this one to be considered :

When looking at love versus fear, isn't there also at least a small positive aspect to fear: Suppose a person has shut down all intuitive knowing and is very far "off track", couldn't an event that shatters his world view and thus causes him a short-term experience of fear break open the emotional shell and in the long run get him back in touch with his emotions and inner guidance ? How feasable do you see such an approach on a collective level, sort of a collective wake-up call from our apathetic snooze resulting in increased global awareness ?


Thanks in advance


Top
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:29 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster

Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 4:23 am
Posts: 186
This is the best Campbell interview thus far from my point view.
Quote:
When looking at love versus fear, isn't there also at least a small positive aspect to fear: Suppose a person has shut down all intuitive knowing and is very far "off track", couldn't an event that shatters his world view and thus causes him a short-term experience of fear break open the emotional shell and in the long run get him back in touch with his emotions and inner guidance ? How feasable do you see such an approach on a collective level, sort of a collective wake-up call from our apathetic snooze resulting in increased global awareness ?
I also have several doubts regarding the fear issue. Both Law of Attraction and Tom seem to agree, from my perspective, in that fear tends to attract into your life that which you fear. However, while I acknowledge that fear is most often a useless emotion to experience, how about those situations in which fearing something led you to be extra careful and such care led you to avoid experiencing the very thing you feared? By LOA (and MBT?) if you think about what you fear, even though it allows you to take precautionary steps in order to prevent it, you are more likely to experience it than by thinking in positive, not focusing on it. I am not very good at putting this into words, so let's look at an example.

X has risks associated with it. You have two choices:

1) You fear such risks associated with X, so your fear leads you to keep away from X, in order to avoid those risks.

2) You focus on the positive outcomes that X might have. You think in positive, avoiding negative emotions and take a risk with X (without focusing on negative outcomes).

Depending on your model of reality, which action is more likely to bring about which is feared is absolutely different:

- By LOA (and MBT?) you are more likely to manifest that which is feared in option 1, even though you might think that remaining away from X makes you safer from X's negative outcomes. Option 2, if chosen from a state of low entropy, avoiding negative emotions and worry, would be less likely to manifest that which you fear.

- By mainstream thinking/physics you are by far more likely to experience that which is feared if you choose 2, no matter how much positive thinking you summon. If you choose 1, no matter how negative you are, you will be far more likely to experience that which is feared.

LOA model is counterintuitive as far as this is concerned and can lead to disastrous consequences bordering recklessness if it's not a sound model (or if you don't apply it correctly). The mainstream model is more intuitive from my point view (i.e. if you avoid a risk you are less likely to experience the negative outcomes associated with that risk, even if you avoid it out of pure worry, anxiety and fear; if you engage in the risk you will be more likely to suffer negative consequences, no matter how positive you are, than if you had never engaged in it because of fear).

Let me highlight that I am not speaking of things you fear in NPMR, but of things you fear in PMR.

If the mainstream model is wrong as far as this is concerned and LOA mode is closer to how things really work (it could be, regardless of how counterintuitive it is) risk analysis (as viewed at the individual level) takes on a completely different shape and should be completely reassessed. I see no easy way to know which one is true or, if neither, to what extent one is wrong and the other is right, etc. Odd things happen: individuals live a reckless life and nothing bad ever happens to them, while others are extracareful and such care doesn't prevent them from experiencing the negative outcomes they seeked to avoid: just random chance or "mental space" influencing how the physical world manifests? Very difficult to tell, huh?


Top
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:19 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:35 am
Posts: 9999
Location: Ridgecrest, CA
Quote:
I really enjoyed listening to this discussion with Tom. I've been listening to all available mp3s and talks on Youtube and this one really goes down into depth like non of the other available material. Just in case you're taking questions from a Newbie to the forum for a future discussion, I'd like this one to be considered :

When looking at love versus fear, isn't there also at least a small positive aspect to fear: Suppose a person has shut down all intuitive knowing and is very far "off track", couldn't an event that shatters his world view and thus causes him a short-term experience of fear break open the emotional shell and in the long run get him back in touch with his emotions and inner guidance ? How feasable do you see such an approach on a collective level, sort of a collective wake-up call from our apathetic snooze resulting in increased global awareness ?


Thanks in advance
Hi Insightcollector, and welcome to Tom's MBT discussion forums. Happy Tofu Turkey Day too. :) For a lot of people I would say that it does take an event that shatters a belief to drop a belief, hey? ;) Then maybe there is a vacuum left, a 'what now' type feeling, and then the ability to incorporate the understanding this larger view gives into your knowledge base so that you KNOW this is true BECAUSE you experienced it comes around to fill that void. Rinse, repeat.

Collectively there is a global awareness happening as we speak.

You are welcome in advance if this is useful. :)

Love to you and yours,
Bette

_________________
All That Is
what is?
Consciousness.


Top
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:27 am 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:54 pm
Posts: 5770
Location: Ocala, FL
Quote:
I really enjoyed listening to this discussion with Tom. I've been listening to all available mp3s and talks on Youtube and this one really goes down into depth like non of the other available material. Just in case you're taking questions from a Newbie to the forum for a future discussion, I'd like this one to be considered :

When looking at love versus fear, isn't there also at least a small positive aspect to fear: Suppose a person has shut down all intuitive knowing and is very far "off track", couldn't an event that shatters his world view and thus causes him a short-term experience of fear break open the emotional shell and in the long run get him back in touch with his emotions and inner guidance ? How feasable do you see such an approach on a collective level, sort of a collective wake-up call from our apathetic snooze resulting in increased global awareness ? Thanks in advance
Hi, and welcome to the board. I have never heard or read anything where Tom said that fear was anything positive. Fear is in general ego based - even a fear of death is a fear of loss of control. What ever life presents should be looked at as an opportunity to learn and decrease your entropy. Since this VR (Virtual Reality) is a feed back system things may get progressively worse until you get the point. But wouldn't it be better to experience it as a "light bulb" moment instead of being afraid?

You mention the podcasts but not the book. Since you seem to have a great deal of interest I encourage you to get the book. You can't really get the picture until you read My Big Toe.


Top
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:02 am 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:34 am
Posts: 1272
Location: Near Boston, MA, USA
Quote:
... I have never heard or read anything where Tom said that fear was anything positive. Fear is in general ego based - even a fear of death is a fear of loss of control.
I've heard Tom call it the enemy.
Quote:
You mention the podcasts but not the book. Since you seem to have a great deal of interest I encourage you to get the book. You can't really get the picture until you read My Big Toe.
Agreed. The book provides the foundation for being able to better understand everything in the lectures and interviews and a lot of the discussions here on the board.

Welcome to Tom's discussion forum, Insight Collector! I bet you'll be able to collect some insights here :)


Top
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 810 Next

All times are UTC-06:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited