Return Home
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:19 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 10 Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:00 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks for the kind words all. This has been good fun.

I edited the first post of this thread and added an update with links to the mpeg-4 and mp3 version (so they can be found easily).

Here is the smaller mp3 version:
mp3 version 39MB

I'll try to finish the youtube versions soon.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:36 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Very well set up and flawlessly executed. This was a big help, all of you. Thanks so much for doing this. I don't post much but it's a joy evolving with you all. Thanks again, add me to the list for the Next one! Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:38 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well this event flew under my radar, and I am certainly anticipating taking in the youtube version (the other links don't work on this rig... I get a "Runtime error" message.)

But given the (without reservation, all thumbs up) reviews of the business in the thread, I have a couple of suggestions.

Ted...? Maybe these fireside chats could have their own separate forum, one that is stickied, locked (except for future similar entries, but no ongoing chat), and in the top group of forums?

The other suggestion, maybe this sort of thing could be done once a month or so? I imagine that Tom has to find it more agreeable to answer questions in this manner than slogging through the boards. And a group of such interviews at the top of the discussion forum lists would be among the best of ways possible to greet new people coming to look.

Anyway, though I haven't heard it yet, way to go Justin! It's a nice example of how to scope out a need and a solution to match it, and then implementing that solution.

-Montana

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:22 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Wow! I have been listening to the interview all afternoon, and to say it made my day would be an understatement. Thank you Justin for organizing this and thanks to all who participated -- great questions!

And it never fails.....whenever I hear Tom explain reality (or re-read MBT), I experience this awesome feeling of having found the treasure map...it happens every-time :-)
And I also can't help think...when the student is ready, the teacher will appear. Thank you Tom!

Love to all.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:24 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Simply amazing, thank you all...

Despite the lack of resources for me to actually help participate in this project, I must say it was the best Q&A ever. Many of the answers filled in the gaps of many potential possibilities that's been in my head.

I was slowly moving towards understanding intent, no intellect, and navigating the system. When tom talks about the whole process not being hard, I finally could agree since it turns out I've been going about the process slightly wrong.

Both PMR and NPMR has shifted...
- NPMR related, I went to work intending to uncover some fears (reached a point where I'm unaware) and had a whole experience. The level of construction, usage of metaphors/symbols were so on point that in the actual experience I didn't second guess anything despite being full aware. I was aware of the choices I had in the given circumstances and when I awake I couldn't be more thankful to have finally troubleshoot what was holding me back from navigating and accessing the database.

- PMR related, I've changed my internal modification to the point that I'm actually locked in on my "path". I can no longer do any non-path related things or I'll feel very sick. (Was completely turned off to the idea of watching tv) All I've been focused on was growth within the constraints of my path, handling the obstacles while enjoying the whole journey.

At the end of the day, it amazes me how underrated or lack of interest there is in this area. I've probably mentioned this whole aspect of life to atleast 200-300 people and probably on 5% have actually kept an open mind.

P.S...Tom was spot on about people who are imbalanced meditating too much and forgetting about there physical life. I used to use all this for escapism before I eventually learned that all of this was helping me. I had learned many skills, finally found mbt an gained a deeper understanding after almost 2 years now. It's only recently I went on abit of rant/ramble that my life potential is being wasted and how much the world needs me.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Justin and All

This is a fantastic informal interaction of Q & A.
Congrats to everyone who set up and participated in making this project happen.

It turned out to be an amazing and profitable experience.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Is this available at youtube yet?

My peskatory computer won't play the other files, ;-(

Montana

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:57 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Is this available at youtube yet?

My peskatory computer won't play the other files, ;-(

Montana
Sorry, not yet. I'm all wrapped up in the holiday fun of a family of 4.

I have it started, just need some time to finish. Did you try updating your version of quicktime?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:50 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Here is a link for downloadng the MP3 File of the chat, courtesy of Objective Mind:

https://rcpt.yousendit.com/1006938957/e ... cc6cef4533

Thanks again Mike.

I wrote this elsewhere but it really should have been in this thread: This interview really ought to get transcribed so it can be reviewed in text form as well.

I would like to do it myself, even, but just don't have the time right now.

-Montana

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:13 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I have time. I'll get it going.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:04 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks Bette! Way to go!

I'm sure a lot of folks will appreciate it!

-Montana

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:13 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I have time. I'll get it going.
Love
Bette
Let me know if I can help. Maybe I can proofread once you're done?

Having listened and re-listened a few times now, I would just like to apologize for having been late, causing Tom to answer a question he had already addressed earlier in the call, about whether we have a "name" or designation. Had I not missed the first 42 minutes, I would've known not to ask that question, or would've thanked him for answering it when he did (before I even had the chance to ask :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:13 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Having listened and re-listened a few times now, I would just like to apologize for having been late, causing Tom to answer a question he had already addressed earlier in the call, about whether we have a "name" or designation. Had I not missed the first 42 minutes, I would've known not to ask that question, or would've thanked him for answering it when he did (before I even had the chance to ask :)
All of the questions overlapped to some degree. I realized that mine did several times since I was busy instant messaging and figuring out which question to go to next. Even if that wasn't going on... it is a lot of information to process and absorb on the fly (for me anyway). It seems natural that questions would overlap and be repeated. I've listened to it many times now, and I do not feel like there is any repetition in the answers. I suppose that is thanks to Tom :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:51 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Lynda why don't you go ahead and work on the first 42 minutes as my daughter Katie is the one that will be doing this transcription (she said she wanted to), but she recently probably broke her hand so will be slowed down. Let me know if this will happen so that we will start at minute 43 when we actually start. I also have the Hawaii transcript going with 10 or so minutes done out of a lot more than that.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:54 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks to all of you for making this happen. It is a really good interview. My favorite part is when Tom says, when referring to your ego wanting to go out of body and not being able: "It's one of those situations where you only get what you don't want." And then he chuckles. Haha, made me laugh! Good stuff.

Nathan

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 10 Next