Return Home
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:18 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:03 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

wonderful interview, highly recommended!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:51 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks so much for this Keith. Mr. Bruce has been a guiding light for me in the OOBE world. "Mastering Astral Projection" is one of the greatest 'get me out there and exploring' books there is on this topic. Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:48 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Thank you....can't wait!
I feel pure joy when I hear Tom speak. I am not sure exactly why that is....maybe it is due to the complete and utter consistency of the information he presents...or maybe it is his "presence" that comes through...or some combination thereof. All I know is that when I find a new posting of a video or audio of Tom discussing his experiences with consciousness, it simply makes my day.

Hi Chris,

I have the same thing. I put it down to how the 'ring of universal truth' resonates through our being. Just tuning into a thought about Tom and his work (and other great teachers also) has a deeply elevating affect on me.

Nick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:07 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

It was interesting observing the opening conversation between Robert and Tom about the financial aspect of their shared calling to disseminate this information.

Part of the charm of Tom's approach is his embracing of the implicit firewall between the MBTOE mission and paying his mortgage.

For myself, as soon as a spiritual calling becomes a "profit centre" or paying job, it becomes something else, and PMR practical considerations are likely to interfere with the decision tree.

This is partly why I decided to not become a priest/minister/monk, at a time when virtually all of my friends were doing so - to me there is something unseemly about getting paid to practise the spiritual arts.

If I was designing a ruleset, I would ban any paying jobs or profit making from a movement. I think such rule would eliminate a mountain of egoic BS and 99% of the negative issues witnessed in most religions.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:12 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

and eating too, or getting medical help for family members, or anything. Fear not money, it is a tool. Just don't let it make you one, right?
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:51 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Well, there's lots in that interview, but Yes, Kroe, right off the bat is the issue of money, so it's appears to be a material issue for them.

Personally, I find it annoying that mystics are tasked with pesky pedestrian issues like money, and it seems that they should be exempt.

Further, I absolutely do not see why they should not be comfortable and free from the silly constraints that our society and style of money (yes, there are radically different styles of money) imposes. Nor do I feel that there is some sort of moral absolute that says that it is fundamentally wrong to use your awareness to advance your possibilities... I mean, how silly is THAT?

Lusting after money, or the things that it buys, is unhelpful, sure. But simply willing abundance, including money if that helps, I see nothing wrong with that, and have done it several times myself. The first time I did it I was young and did not know to properly qualify my request/command and got an undesirable result. Later I learned that you can qualify your intent so that no one is harmed, and opportunity to get the $ you want or need just materializes out of thin air, where it is not inappropriate. Literally I can talk into the ether, at least at times, and say "Yo, spirits! I could use a grand. Let's rock!" , and presently a door opens that was not even imaginable before, and there it is.

As long as no one else is harmed in the process, I just don't see anything wrong with this. If lack of $ is making matters such that Tom or Rob can't make the most productive use of their time, that's not so evolutionary at that, eh? It makes sense that they should have what they need to be comfortable in the pursuit of their (presumably positive) objectives.

Separately, I have been given to understand that while money matters in this world, it is (for lack of a better word) classier to proceed without concern about money, having faith <ducks tomato> that the way will be made, doors will open, and the things that you need to operate optimally will be there for you.

And, it happens that TBC, or 'the spirits' or whatever, does indeed provide the materials necessary for the next experience. It's a hell of a wave to surf, but ... it seems to work!

So, back to Tom and Rob as well. For some reason, ostensibly, they seem to be manifesting limits that are arbitrary and not helpful. Maybe us boardies can finally make ourselves useful and help them past that little belief system issue.

So here's the drill: EXPECT them to have impossibly good ' good luck'. SEE that doors open for them that answer their needs. If you ASSUME that it is so with the same force that you compose a space with 3 dimensions and that time ticks away in ordered seconds, if we do that, and the spirits (or TBC) agrees, .. well, let's just see what happens!

Montana

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:12 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I'm watching it now but I have one question. Why does YouTube tell me "This video is unlisted. Only those with the link can see it."? Shouldn't it be publicly listed to get more views?

Should we spread the link around?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:34 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
and eating too, or getting medical help for family members, or anything. Fear not money, it is a tool. Just don't let it make you one, right?
Love
Bette
indeed, but the issue here is where you get your money

Robert expressed an intent to make a living from his calling, which I do not judge nor begrudge, but Tom appeared to me to express an intent to make his living elsewhere, and maintain MBTOE as an entirely giving thing, PMR-wise.

it also lines up with the choice Jesus made, which was to pay his bills with carpentry, and not become a priest

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:39 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yes, the "where" of the funds seems "issuey", but I know a very organized bit that works for Pepsi. If I won the lotto the money came from the backs of the losers, should I deny it?
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:57 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Well, there's lots in that interview, but Yes, Kroe, right off the bat is the issue of money, so it's appears to be a material issue for them.

Personally, I find it annoying that mystics are tasked with pesky pedestrian issues like money, and it seems that they should be exempt.

Further, I absolutely do not see why they should not be comfortable and free from the silly constraints that our society and style of money (yes, there are radically different styles of money) imposes. Nor do I feel that there is some sort of moral absolute that says that it is fundamentally wrong to use your awareness to advance your possibilities... I mean, how silly is THAT?

Lusting after money, or the things that it buys, is unhelpful, sure. But simply willing abundance, including money if that helps, I see nothing wrong with that, and have done it several times myself. The first time I did it I was young and did not know to properly qualify my request/command and got an undesirable result. Later I learned that you can qualify your intent so that no one is harmed, and opportunity to get the $ you want or need just materializes out of thin air, where it is not inappropriate. Literally I can talk into the ether, at least at times, and say "Yo, spirits! I could use a grand. Let's rock!" , and presently a door opens that was not even imaginable before, and there it is.

As long as no one else is harmed in the process, I just don't see anything wrong with this. If lack of $ is making matters such that Tom or Rob can't make the most productive use of their time, that's not so evolutionary at that, eh? It makes sense that they should have what they need to be comfortable in the pursuit of their (presumably positive) objectives.

Separately, I have been given to understand that while money matters in this world, it is (for lack of a better word) classier to proceed without concern about money, having faith <ducks tomato> that the way will be made, doors will open, and the things that you need to operate optimally will be there for you.

And, it happens that TBC, or 'the spirits' or whatever, does indeed provide the materials necessary for the next experience. It's a hell of a wave to surf, but ... it seems to work!

So, back to Tom and Rob as well. For some reason, ostensibly, they seem to be manifesting limits that are arbitrary and not helpful. Maybe us boardies can finally make ourselves useful and help them past that little belief system issue.

So here's the drill: EXPECT them to have impossibly good ' good luck'. SEE that doors open for them that answer their needs. If you ASSUME that it is so with the same force that you compose a space with 3 dimensions and that time ticks away in ordered seconds, if we do that, and the spirits (or TBC) agrees, .. well, let's just see what happens!

Montana
sure, I agree with everything you say regarding moula...I have been known to "call in NPMR markers" when cornered

I try not to bother them unless it is important ; - )

I am focusing specifically on the role of someone who puts themselves out there as a teacher (a brave and important thing to do), and parsing out a subtle difference in intent, and without diminishing Robert in any way (perhaps failing at that...sorry Robert!), highlighting the intent that Tom appears to be demonstrating....very different than most of the snake oil salesmen out there on the new age circuit.

The system is likely keeping Tom in the daily grind of rocket risk analysis to keep him grounded PMR-wise and his skills sharp, or he is self modifying with that intent. Financial constraint is an intentional and useful part of the virtual simulation - an advantage, not a disadvantage, learning-wise.

Now, if he gets on Oprah next week and sells 10 million copies of the book and gets movies deals, it is unlikely that I would think less of him (and who cares what I think anyways), and it would be interesting to see what he would do with more resources.

As far as that...how about we all visualize Tom on Oprah? what color should his tie be?

green comes to mind

is there someone on the line that is in physical proximity to Oprah's estate, who could toss the book over the gate?

lock themselves to the gate until someone from the staff promises to give her the book?

stalk the entrance dressed in a TOE suit? ...book in hand should the limo stop

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:23 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Yes, the "where" of the funds seems "issuey", but I know a very organized bit that works for Pepsi. If I won the lotto the money came from the backs of the losers, should I deny it?
Love
Bette
this as well is a delicious topic, but my main point was regarding exchanging knowledge about the higher ruleset and NPMR as your primary source of making a living - not as a judgement, but more as a notation of two slightly different intents represented, and for me personally, this is a significant marker of a very high QoC.

I think for Tom, if he ended up making a surplus (profit) from MBTOE, it would be an unintended consequence.

its like with spiritualism..getting a reading in spiritualist Church for no charge, is very different than paying someone 50 bucks. People have to make a living, and I am not judging, but there is still something purer about a free reading.

that being said, I would be thrilled to pay for a John Edward reading if he has an event somewhere I can get to, so go figure.

now, as far as the ethics of lottery winnings and selling sugar water for a living...I do not think any commercial exchange that is free of deception and coercion is unethical, and each person should make their living according to the low hanging fruit in their area, given the talents and education they have. Each profession provides equal opportunity to learn and demonstrate quality of consciousness as you move through your DELTA(t)s decision tree.

as an experiment though, you may get a better big physics payback by giving what you would pay for a ticket to a homeless person you might see on the street (or, an extra tip to a waitress/waiter), and monitor the feedback.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:45 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

One can do both.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:48 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I really enjoyed that one. It was nice to have the video as well. I remember i read Robert's astral dynamics right before i stumbled onto MBT. I have both those books right next to each other on my book shelf so I was neat to see them side by side discussing their concepts.

Take care.
Steve

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:36 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Montana-

Tom and Robert have just agreed to appear together at an event we will organize in Australia, June 2012.

No fear, no limits.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:17 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks to all, as always, involved in bringing these events to fruition.

I have had no previous contact with any of Robert Bruce's work, so this interview with Tom is my first encounter with him. It was a very cordial conversation, and enjoyable to watch. But of course, MBT is so all-encompassing that the experiences of Robert, some of which presumably form the basis of his teaching work, sit easily within it, mostly as metaphor, and not fundamental. This is no criticism - after all, we all exist in a world of metaphor, it is the only way we can interpret the data. But I sensed the 'realisation' by Robert, as Tom repeatedly explained the role of metaphor in the various scenarios they discussed.

I think Robert is enjoying what he is learning from this association, and if Tom's TOE is brought to a wider audience coming from a slightly different perspective, then that's all good!

Arthur