Return Home
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:59 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:56 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

http://www.intuitivesoul.com/index.php? ... &Itemid=61

Here's Laurie's interview with Tom yesterday!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:35 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks for this Keith. Will get me through the last few hours of work I'm sure ;0)

Nick

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:53 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks for the link. Funny, I just saw her on Facebook and thought it would be great to have another interview from her with Tom. Ask and you shall receive!

Ram

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:26 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Really great interview. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:52 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

are we ready for this message of love?

peace
patrick

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:59 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:

I came across this Maureen Caudill interview text recently. It dovetails well with what Tom teaches, and keep getting the feeling that it should be placed here at this cite, but didn't really fathom where to place it. PG, your remark was a cue then. (Sorry if it derails the thread, some; Ted, as always, move or delete as you see best.)

From: http://themetaphysicalexperience.com/20 ... n-caudill/:

We clearly seem to be placed on Earth to learn specific lessons. It is my conclusion that those lessons are all about love. But we cannot simply love people who are nice to us. We have to learn to love people who hate us, who abuse us, and who cheat or steal from us. That is the challenge of physical reality: to love everything and everyone, no matter what.

For example, one of the messages I was given from my guides a number of years ago was that I had to expect to be attacked violently and that I must forgive my attacker while the attack was going on and return love and forgiveness in the face of violence. I was so not happy with that particular message! I whined about it to my guides for weeks and weeks! Nevertheless, I spent 2 or 3 years practicing returning love—loving the person who cut me off on the freeway, and the person who cut in line at the grocery, and the person who insulted me, and the person who…You get the point. We all encounter this kind of mini-evil every day. And I practiced and practiced until I was able to return love for pretty much anything. Just as I finally thought I was ready to return love for anything, that was when I underwent that attack of evil. Despite all my preparations, the psychic attack was so unexpected, so violent, and so hurtful, coming from someone I considered a dear friend, that I was shocked. But what I am most proud of is that I did return love back. I wasn’t particularly good at it, especially given that I was attacked before I could put any barriers up, so I was dramatically weakened psychically. And of course, my love and forgiveness were both unacknowledged and intensely rejected, but I did it—I was able to offer forgiveness and love in return for violence. ..."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:22 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Part of my "issues" come from the feeling I have that I did/do love the people that sexually abused me, and that just didn't protect me from them or "society", although I am starting to see one thing my mom "did to me" as her attempt to protect me from society while protecting herself from my dad. I had always felt "sick" because I love my brother, dad, uncles, and mom anyways. It feels like to me that loving those people, IN SOCIETIES EYES, is "wrong." Hence I had always felt the odd one, as usual though. Are we ready to allow Love for all?
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:11 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Quote:

I came across this Maureen Caudill interview text recently. It dovetails well with what Tom teaches, and keep getting the feeling that it should be placed here at this cite, but didn't really fathom where to place it. PG, your remark was a cue then. (Sorry if it derails the thread, some; Ted, as always, move or delete as you see best.)

From: http://themetaphysicalexperience.com/20 ... n-caudill/:

We clearly seem to be placed on Earth to learn specific lessons. It is my conclusion that those lessons are all about love. But we cannot simply love people who are nice to us. We have to learn to love people who hate us, who abuse us, and who cheat or steal from us. That is the challenge of physical reality: to love everything and everyone, no matter what.

For example, one of the messages I was given from my guides a number of years ago was that I had to expect to be attacked violently and that I must forgive my attacker while the attack was going on and return love and forgiveness in the face of violence. I was so not happy with that particular message! I whined about it to my guides for weeks and weeks! Nevertheless, I spent 2 or 3 years practicing returning love—loving the person who cut me off on the freeway, and the person who cut in line at the grocery, and the person who insulted me, and the person who…You get the point. We all encounter this kind of mini-evil every day. And I practiced and practiced until I was able to return love for pretty much anything. Just as I finally thought I was ready to return love for anything, that was when I underwent that attack of evil. Despite all my preparations, the psychic attack was so unexpected, so violent, and so hurtful, coming from someone I considered a dear friend, that I was shocked. But what I am most proud of is that I did return love back. I wasn’t particularly good at it, especially given that I was attacked before I could put any barriers up, so I was dramatically weakened psychically. And of course, my love and forgiveness were both unacknowledged and intensely rejected, but I did it—I was able to offer forgiveness and love in return for violence. ..."

Montana,
I think this is right on cue and perfectly aligned with the spirit of this thread .
I've been thinking of the same thing lately. Namely, how to apply ourselves towards actively becoming love.
The answer (that I have found) is practice. It is through practice that we become proficient at anything we want to learn. Every day, a hundred times a day we get new opportunities to practice. Standing on line (patience) at the grocery store, driving (forgiveness) on the freeway, and walking (compassion) down the street. We ARE all in the process of becoming masters. We are ALL practicing every day. and we are all getting better in the area we choose to master. The question is, what are we becomming masters of? Masters of industry? master manipulaters? masters of war? masters of getting our way? This is why we need to be mindfull of every thought, every word, every movement. Because whatever thought we hold in our mind will (if maintained) will have a higher probability of manifesting in our physical reality.
Tom says, in this interview, that we can apply our intent towards getting a new Mercedes Benz. This doesnt mean we will automatically get a Benz, it only means that we can increase the probability of getting one. But I have found that getting an object "of our hearts desire" usually turns out to be a huge disapointment. This is usually the case with all desires. We believe that if we can only get that house, or that car, it will make us happy. It is happiness we really want. And we think that if we get married, or get that big promotion it will make us happy, We can spend lifetimes chasing all these things outside of ourself, thinking that they will make us happy. But in the end we find that happiness was here all along, we were just looking in the wrong direction. Success is not what I thought it was. But experience always was the best teacher, and pain the great motivator.
All the things we seek (love, bliss, joy, unity with everything and everyone) are already within ourself. Here. Now. The Buddhists have a technique called "mindfulness meditation" where no altered states are required. Just practice increasing your awareness of any given moment. When you manage to be fully present in the moment there is a feeling of Bliss. And time seems to slow down. All the things we seek are right here, right now. No altered state of consciousness is needed to experience it, but by experiencing it your consciousness can be forever altered. The uncertainty principle will also come into play and help (or harm) your efforts.
But practice is required. We get better with practice. And just by thinking of increasing our awareness, it will be increased. By the simple act of contemplating the unity of all things, unity can be experienced. All things are manifested from thoughts, begin with an idea. Be mindfull of your thoughts. Become aware of your intent. Master your self

Love is the answer
patrick

peace
patrick

Last edited by pgtrue on Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:07 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Part of my "issues" come from the feeling I have that I did/do love the people that sexually abused me, and that just didn't protect me from them or "society", although I am starting to see one thing my mom "did to me" as her attempt to protect me from society while protecting herself from my dad. I had always felt "sick" because I love my brother, dad, uncles, and mom anyways. It feels like to me that loving those people, IN SOCIETIES EYES, is "wrong." Hence I had always felt the odd one, as usual though. Are we ready to allow Love for all?
Love
Bette
Yes Bette,
The human contract has been broken. The unspoken agreement that we would love and protect each other and especially the little children. These are the circumstances that we (in this PMR)are faced with. The injustices of this (PMR) place are part of the obstacle we are challenged to overcome. Essentially we must overcome our self. I remember the exact moment that I lost my innocence. After that it has been a long sequence of betrayals of trust. where I had to always choose between love and hate. There is a great impulse to reject love (Love can hurt) to close my heart forever and build an impenetrable fortress around myself. I did try to, But somehow I knew in my heart that love is the answer to this riddle.
This is an old question. All around us in nature we see (gods ) perfection. But where is that perfection in these situations? Where is the perfection in these deformed children, these misbegotten sons? The handicapped, The sociopaths, and the psychopaths?
The answer that I have found is: The perfection god seeks is in how we respond to these people.
"Sympathy for the devil" is another old idea. (not just a rock song) If the devil exists, then he exists by the grace of god and therefore, must be good, and deserving of our sympathy.
Many cultures speak of the dweller in the doorway. In the course of self discovery we must look within and as we progress closer to the doorway we will find a hideous monster. This monster is us, the sum of all our fears and negative traits. If we react with fear we will not be allowed to enter. If we react with anything but love, our access will be denied.
Tom says the only defense we have to fear is courage. I have found that the source of courage is in fact - LOVE. The heart that is full of love has no fear. The light of a single candle can dispell a room full of darkness. Be the light.

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
— Martin Luther King Jr.

"As my sufferings mounted I soon realized that there were two ways in which I could respond to my situation -- either to react with bitterness or seek to transform the suffering into a creative force. I decided to follow the latter course."
— Martin Luther King Jr.

"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear."
— Martin Luther King Jr.

Love is really the answer
patrick

peace
patrick

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:17 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Our agreements need to be spoken.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:16 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Love
Bette
I wouldnt mind if our agreements were'nt verbalized as long as they were kept and honored.

peace
patrick

peace
patrick

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:12 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Quote:
Love
Bette
I wouldnt mind if our agreements were'nt verbalized as long as they were kept and honored.

peace
patrick
You can't know until you know, you know?
Love
Bette