Return Home
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:13 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:42 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
You know those fun yellow tinted sunglasses...?
Ambervision?
Quote:
I am sounding critical and I don't mean to. This was all a fine production... I just see the people there and, I have some training with groups and all so certain things pop out at me.... the harshness of the light was one of them.
All the more reason for us to look our best at the get-together, knowing we will be filmed for posterity in an unflattering, unforgiving light :)
Quote:
Making eye contact with the cam is a powerful and simple technique.
I love how we all bring our talents and sensibilities to the table to create a more wonderful record of our interactions. I mentioned eye contact with the camera when we had our photo shoots - personally it bothers me when not all people in the image are looking into the camera. I would like us to be able to all be looking at the right one in the future pictures.
Quote:
Thanks to all for making it available!

-Montana
Yes, thanks again to Shawn and Pamela, Keith and Donna for making these videos available. Your tireless efforts are worth more than I can even express.

I am hoping in fifty or a hundred years I can look back on the video of this day and exclaim "I looked so YOUNG!"

Love,
Lynda

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:45 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I was told once I had "moonlight legs", as a teen by the biggest nerd ever (we would have been quite the couple if I had NOT been an anti nerd nerd myself) while sitting in his Camaro (his equalizer). I thought it was a compliment, and it was a backwards one as he meant my legs looked good in low light. Low light sounds good in this way then. ;)
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:47 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yes Bette, I agree whole-heartedly! In the current method, everyone is facing the same direction: Tom, who in turn must face the whole group constantly. Ugh!
The seated people have basically two choices... to not look at anyone (and so 'go into their head') or look at Tom. And while there is a good deal of Tom-contact there is also a good deal of avoidance ("...Doh! I hope Tom didn't hear that thought! Ho God!"). This also has to be somewhat taxing for Tom as well, to be 'onstage' for the whole time. Too, now, in this format people do not make eye-contact with each other, their sense of each other is not near what it might be, and so group coherence doesn't have near the chance to develop as it might in other forms of group structure.

.... Time to stop posting for the morning.

-Montana

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:14 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I've just checked YouTube Tom's channel. The fifth part is there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTns5WWM ... 4DCA8DDF44

Lena

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:51 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The point wasn't camera angles. The point was the information. Who cares about the rest? This isn't being done by a Hollywood film crew. I think Keith, Donna, and Pamela did an outstanding job.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:01 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
The point wasn't camera angles. The point was the information. Who cares about the rest? This isn't being done by a Hollywood film crew. I think Keith, Donna, and Pamela did an outstanding job.
I agree. You cannot separate what you can see on this video from a whole atmosphere of that weekend, from a wonderful and warm welcoming us. By the the end of Friday Keith made 400 miles going back and forth to Charlotte airport picking us up one by one. A lovely lunch, and a charming dinner, a conversation in a lobby on Friday, all of this is not on a video, but this what made that weekend so special. To me, this video is emitting Love.

Lena

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:09 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I see it as constructive criticism, although no criticism is intended. :)
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:47 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Okay these should work.

Compressed versions of the videos for computers, iPod, iPads, etc:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

These files are still fairly large (1 to 1.5 GB), so be patient while they download. It may take anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour + depending on your connection speed.

I checked them before uploading and they seemed to be fine, but let me know if there are any issues.

Last edited by Justin on Sat May 21, 2011 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:14 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Oh, I agree, and very much appreciate having it all made available.

As I watch, my modeling system compares to other such events ... and both as one of an indefinitely large number of video viewers and also as a participant in the event, the modeling system pops up with ideas that could make future events even better. That's all~

I'm on part 5 at the moment ... things have loosened up quite a bit... people are smiling a lot more, and the dialog is flowing more easily.

-Montana

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:10 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Yes Bette, I agree whole-heartedly! In the current method, everyone is facing the same direction: Tom, who in turn must face the whole group constantly. ...
-Montana
Um, are you saying Tom had some kind of problem looking at us? Isn't that the same as every lecture he's ever given, standing at a podium facing an audience?

I will not presume or pretend to know what Tom wants, I can only speak for myself.

If I had thirty or forty adoring fans gazing at me with love, people I knew personally, some of them for years, whose intent felt good to me, I don't think I'd mind facing that for a day or two, would you?

Why would you characterize it with "ugh"?

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:23 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

It's a lot of work to deal with a variety of psyches, and take all the care in doing it that you want to, and all the more so over long periods of time, and with little let up. Even more so if you are especially sensitive... trying to focus and share a useful message while here and there hearing various people's thoughts (some of which they are not even aware of themselves) would be like having a second very disorganized conversation in the room.

Having piles of adoring fans... well, five'll getch ten that it's not all it's cracked up to be.

At any rate, It wasn't meant in a bad way. It just seems like it would be pretty taxing, even exhausting, even if rewarding. I could be wrong and just projecting my own notions ~ <shrugs shoulders>

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:28 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
It's a lot of work to deal with a variety of psyches, and take all the care in doing it that you want to, and all the more so over long periods of time, and with little let up. Even more so if you are especially sensitive... trying to focus and share a useful message while here and there hearing various people's thoughts (some of which they are not even aware of themselves) would be like having a second very disorganized conversation in the room.

Having piles of adoring fans... well, five'll getch ten that it's not all it's cracked up to be.

At any rate, It wasn't meant in a bad way. It just seems like it would be pretty taxing, even exhausting, even if rewarding. I could be wrong and just projecting my own notions ~ <shrugs shoulders>
Thank you but even with your further clarification, I still fail to see how it differs from any of Tom's previous workshops?

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:15 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I think it was the best way to video it. You have to set up cameras at the front and back of the room. Then you can get shots to intermix.

Tom made himself available before and after the gathering for more informal conversations.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:50 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I think it was the best way to video it. You have to set up cameras at the front and back of the room. Then you can get shots to intermix.

Tom made himself available before and after the gathering for more informal conversations.
I agree wholeheartedly. The picture in picture, so we could see Tom seeing us, and everyone seeing Tom, is what I, as a visual person, have been craving. Facial expression, body language, eye contact, it's all so damned important!

Oh to film and make available those Private Conversations! In Hawaii during breaks I was wishing for the same.

But of course I understand by definition it cannot be :(

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:23 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I finished watching all the videos -- all I can say is I wish I could have been there! It was truly delightful seeing the board members!
I felt the love, compassion, desire to grow and learn come through my computer screen...very inspiring.
Thanks to everyone involved in sharing this event.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next