Return Home
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:38 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

We have just uploaded the audio file of Tom's presentation at Unity Church in Calgary, Canada to our online Dropbox public folder.

Because this file is much smaller (138MB) than the video files we tried to do this with previously, we don't think you will encounter any problems this time!

Here is the link.....

http://db.tt/AdsMMXm

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:49 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Great~

Thanks as always, you two are troopers!

Montana

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:21 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Mine is only showing 1 hour and 11 minutes worth of audio. Is that correct? I tried downloading it twice. What is everyone else getting on this one?

Ramon

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:06 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

The audio file I downloaded was 1:11, too. It appears to be from Tom's talk at the Unity Church of Calgary on May 1, 2011.

Recordings from the approximately 3-1/2 hour "Get Together" held at the Cardel Theater in Calgary on April 30, 2011 do not seem to have been been posted, yet.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:21 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

If we can use a little bit of creativity we can see the synchronicity - 1 - 11 and 1:11 :)

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:42 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks whitcomb. I was under the impression this was the longer one. That explains it.

Ramon

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:18 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The Calgary video is being prepared by Beth Haley.

You are correct on the Unity audio time

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:34 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Very enjoyable, as always, thanks Keith/Donna. Tom's speech tone here is very mellow, "understanding", if that's the right word. I wonder, did the audience consist of the congregation of the church, or was it just used as a venue? They appreciated his end quip about this PMR equating to a daycare centre :)

Arthur

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:10 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Very enjoyable, as always, thanks Keith/Donna. Tom's speech tone here is very mellow, "understanding", if that's the right word. I wonder, did the audience consist of the congregation of the church, or was it just used as a venue? They appreciated his end quip about this PMR equating to a daycare centre :)

Arthur
I noticed that about Tom's voice as well. I think it is the setting. I started transcribing it because my internet was interrupted for awhile, and it was open, having played through already so no need for connection. I wish I had a way to start, back up, and stop it from my keyboard though. Understanding is close, but it is something else too, huh?
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:38 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Arthur,

The audience was the regular Unity congregation. Nice people, New Age, very open and accepting -- gentle souls with a spiritual bent -- few hard core techies. I was asked to speak on short notice and was told the night before to "tell a story for about a half hour". I don't tell stories.... so... I made it up as i went (used the Emery talk as a template) -- soft and gentle on the physics, no slides (did double slit with a marker and a flip the page tablet on a stand) but condensed the content as much as I could and still have it make sense. I paused to ask them if they had enough at the 30 min mark.... It was unanimous, they eagerly wanted more so I ended up taking 1 hr and 11 min and no one fidgeted. I was later told the congregation was very pleased with the talk -- they didn't seem to mind the overtime at all. All was well.

Tom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:02 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks for that explanation, Tom. The gentle, low-key approach certainly came across in the audio version, which was very soothing (almost meditative, perhaps :) ) to listen to. A good way to get the message across to those turned off by the 'hard-core' techie route!

Arthur