Return Home
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:41 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Improved NYC Workshop
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:53 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-yW0cE4WcAThe first two parts of five are up on Tom's channel.
Mp3 file will follow for you listeners out there.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:22 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

nice

peace
patrick

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:35 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Much better sound. I really couldn't listen to it before because of the background noise. Thanks for the extra work.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:24 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-yW0cE4WcAThe first two parts of five are up on Tom's channel.
Mp3 file will follow for you listeners out there.
thank you for all the work that you do

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:52 am 
I can find all parts up to number 4, I cannot seem to find number 5. Is that because i didn't search well or isn't there a #5 yet? If so please someone upload it on youtube, part 4 was really interesting.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:33 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Part 5 is not done yet apparently.
Patience. :)

Just watching Video 4/5... at 22:19 he's talking about AUM and how he jokingly came up with the name for it. And that that point he's trying to remember for a split second "buddist theology" and he closes his eyes doing it.

Now, I know a lot of people close their eyes when they're trying to remember stuff, but for that split second it kind of seemed like he parallel processed there and was a lot more "there" than "here"... I thought that was really cool. :)

Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:30 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Any thoughts?
He's fast, isn't he? :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:22 pm 
$Ηιτ I totally missed that. Keen powers of observation on your part Ryan-San. Is Tom a machine? Why hasn't ANYONE drawn Parallels with The Matrix yet? Has it become so preterite?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:41 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

High Entropy,
I, for one, LOVE to draw comparisons to The Matrix. "Do you think that's really AIR your breathing?"

peace
patrick

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:56 pm 
Curator
Curator

No one draws parallels to the Matrix movies because there are none that I can see. Other that the words Virtual Reality, there are no parallels as I understand the nature of the matrix VR. What I have seen, which does not include the movies, represents something like a holodeck out of Star Trek. It of course assumes that the physical appearing VR of PMR is the real world and that humans are connected via their brains to this holodeck within which they believe themselves to run around. Seeing through this VR aspect is supposed to permit 'superhuman' feats.

MBT instead describes the base reality as non physical CS where IUOCs connected over the RWW in sum and their Union creates the realities of the VRs, acting as The One Consciousness/AUM which creates the VRs of NPMR types and PMR types. The only physicality exists within the PMR type VRs as part of the simulation. The IUOCs in total and without experiencing themselves at all create the VRs within which they experience themselves individually as in NPMRs and in PMRs. All done with data streams over the RWW with nothing like a holodeck as a space for the VR to exist within. Understanding the VR nature of PMR does not however permit superhuman feats.

Ted

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:08 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The Matrix parallel I draw is the red pill or the blue pill metaphor. If you take the red pill (read MBT and understand it) you will never look at or function in reality the same way again.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:21 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
The Matrix parallel I draw is the red pill or the blue pill metaphor. If you take the red pill (read MBT and understand it) you will never look at or function in reality the same way again.
Me too, but I always forget which color pill represents this model of Reality. :)
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

So, you can find parallels between MBT and the video game "World of Warcraft", but can find no parallels with "The Matrix"?
Quote:
Morpheus: "If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain"
Quote:
Spoon boy: Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.
Neo: What truth?
Spoon boy: There is no spoon.
Neo: There is no spoon?
Spoon boy: Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.
Quote:
Morpheus: Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?
Quote:
Morpheus: Do you think that's air you're breathing now?
Quote:
Morpheus: Yet their strength and their speed are still based in a world that is built on rules. Some of these rules can be bent. Others can be broken

Bette and Sain,
Quote:
Cypher: I know what you're thinking, 'cause right now I'm thinking the same thing. Actually, I've been thinking it ever since I got here: Why oh why didn't I take the BLUE pill?
and this...
Quote:
Morpheus: [to Neo who is choosing the red pill] Remember... all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

peace
patrick

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:02 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ah ha. Truth not the truth. ;)
Love
Bette

edit: this is post 7777 for me if anyone is keeping track. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:24 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Bette,
What does that mean?

The game "World of Warcraft" is true? while the movie "The Matrix" is not?

Please explain.

peace
patrick