Return Home
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:06 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:06 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I think the way this works, the lower your entropy, the more you say to yourself

"I can't believe I did/said that"

"I am such an asshole"

hence my club....Asshole's Anonymous (AA), which I have mentioned previously

Hi, my name is kroeran, and I am an asshole ; - )

dues is $2 per year (Canadian), by the way, for anyone interested in joining

of course, one cannot escape the ego loop of even talking about this
I hate to think I was that stupid some times myself. That ego sure will let you know. Fred searching for truth

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:30 am 
Normal User
Normal User

hi every body,
for now i want to say hello for every one here, as i just already registered to this forum. i,m interested in tom theory as i have read his books twice, and have watched many of his videos on the net,. and doing my best in traveling on the path of consciousness.
b.rgds
george khoury from jordan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:34 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

is it the ego that lets you know?

or the ego that creates a never ending show of smoke and mirrors to justify your actions?

or are we now pushing into some sort of rarified trick of ego....thinking to ourselves...

I must be really advanced spiritually, given my low opinion of myself! ; - )

dunno, perhaps devoting any mental bandwidth to our own progress is egoic in of itself

again, maybe, its like the statue carving studio analogy - the rough block vs the finished statue...there is no lessor or greater, just a "timing" issue

and the quality of the person holding the chisel and studio management...whoever/whatever that is

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:43 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
hi every body,
for now i want to say hello for every one here, as i just already registered to this forum. i,m interested in tom theory as i have read his books twice, and have watched many of his videos on the net,. and doing my best in traveling on the path of consciousness.
b.rgds
george khoury from jordan
what an interesting location for a simulation

do you recommend it?

doing research for my next PMR cycle ;- )

anything bothering you, you wish to discuss?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:12 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
is it the ego that lets you know?

or the ego that creates a never ending show of smoke and mirrors to justify your actions?

or are we now pushing into some sort of rarified trick of ego....thinking to ourselves...

I must be really advanced spiritually, given my low opinion of myself! ; - )

dunno, perhaps devoting any mental bandwidth to our own progress is egoic in of itself

again, maybe, its like the statue carving studio analogy - the rough block vs the finished statue...there is no lessor or greater, just a "timing" issue

and the quality of the person holding the chisel and studio management...whoever/whatever that is
That uncertainty that you describe is how we find our way to truth. and yes in my view it is the ego that lets you know where you are at, In your PMR evolution most of the time. The smoke and mirrors, Just make it more interesting. No I am not that evolved, Nor am I in any hurry, I am enjoying the seemingly never ending ride too much. Its just an experience hold on and have fun! Fred searching for truth

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:30 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

is it possible you are using ego in the Jungian sense...and that Tom has hijacked the word to mean something different?

For Tom, ego is nasty bad stuff...I am not sure how ego in his sense would do something helpful like pointing out your egoic behavior?

I am on uncertain ground here

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:22 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
is it possible you are using ego in the Jungian sense...and that Tom has hijacked the word to mean something different?

For Tom, ego is nasty bad stuff...I am not sure how ego in his sense would do something helpful like pointing out your egoic behavior?

I am on uncertain ground here
That is good, That challenge we get to find truth is I think how we grow. I don't share all of Toms views, Fear I agree is the major problem, Ego I think is only a problem, When we don't recognize it in its negative form. That form is what we need to chuck! I think we all have different points of views if we are honest about it. Probably Toms message about what is holding us back the most is fear. I know it sure is mine, I tell people all the time don't be afraid to be your self, Living your life out of a book does not seem to get us very far. As Tom says its not your truth until you experience it. Find a way that best suits you. Fred searching for truth

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:13 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

also, I think the fear is very specific...specifically, fear of exposing ego

rational fear would be wearing a seatbelt and not standing too close to the edge on subway platforms

I would assert that we should be just a little bit afraid of NPMR negative feedback

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:44 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
also, I think the fear is very specific...specifically, fear of exposing ego

rational fear would be wearing a seatbelt and not standing too close to the edge on subway platforms

I would assert that we should be just a little bit afraid of NPMR negative feedback
Now what are you afraid of the bogie man! That instinctive fear does seem to have a good purpose, Its not all bad, It can warn you of dangers, seems like Positive feed back. Ego I think has a positive side too. Fred searching for truth