Return Home
It is currently Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:50 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:40 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Laurie Huston from News the Heart is talking with physicist Tom Campbell on the masks we wear, our addictions and how to become more authentic. Tom has a brilliant way to simplify our world into love vs fear. He discusses how we wear masks often like the stories we have settled into. They help us avoid reality and BEing authentic, which brought us into our addictions! We looked at our addictions from sugar to alcohol and why we feel we need them. He offers some ways to become more aware so we can become authentic.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:14 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I really don't get this obsession with sugar and alcohol. These are perfectly natural substances. Has nobody ever encountered a merry wasp? When you eat, you must ingest many chemicals. A healthy person can easily cope with them, if they're taken in moderation. Please note that when food is in short supply, you get much less fussy about what substances you're eating!

If there were a technique to avoid having to ingest anything at all except air (become a breatharian) on the other hand, I would indeed be impressed.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:27 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Many articles about the bad effects of sugar on the body have already been posted on the forum. You can do a search and read some of the articles on the Internet.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:49 pm 
Curator
Curator

vzam,

When you write books describing the nature of Reality being based upon Consciousness and discuss how this can be explored mentally, by our own consciousness, and you further are aware of how eating sugar interferes with the clarity of our consciousness and ability to explore Consciousness, would you not make a point of warning your readers of this effect? And surely you are aware already of the mental effects of alcohol. You might do a search on the Internet for "chemical similarities of alcohol and sugar". You might be surprised.

Mercury and arsenic are also perfectly natural substances. Do you find it strange that you are generally warned to not ingest these perfectly natural substances? Do you feel that you can deal with them if ingested in moderation?

Sugar and alcohol are actually not ingested so heavily when food is in short supply. It is when times are affluent that there is a large conversion of land to produce sugar and to further produce alcohol from some of that sugar. Sugar and substitutes such as fructose are pushed on the public by advertising and universal inclusion in foods for children and can be related to the over weight status of such a high percentage of the public at present. Alcohol is also heavily advertised and promoted. Both of these substances can produce addictions and surely you are aware of the negative health results of such substances and especially such addictions.

Your above post was not a very realistic comment. It was only intended to be negative and not sensible.

Ted

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:18 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ted, when you say that mercury and arsenic are perfectly natural substances, that is clearly (to quote you back at yourself) "not a very realistic comment...only intended to be negative and not sensible". You know perfectly well I was talking about food, not minerals the body doesn't use.

I have never noticed even the smallest effect on my consciousness from ingesting a modicum of sugar, except for the pleasure it gives to my tastebuds. (Too much is cloying, I grant you, but too much of anything is unpleasant).

Yes, alcohol can be addictive for a few, but for the vast majority of people it is not. To deny oneself the pleasure of a glass of wine with a meal is, in my view, being mean to oneself.

Do you yourself then never touch alcohol or sugar? No Christmas pud and no sip of sherry at Christmas? Do you altogether deny the glory of grape? Do you really scowl at a vineyard when you pass one? How sad!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:28 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

You have to go off ALL sugar, alcohol, and chemicals for at least 4 months to see a difference. And for some people it may take longer.