Return Home
It is currently Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:58 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:19 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I’m not sure I can see how ? For instance when I brush my hair or exfoliate my skin or cut off a limb, there is energy in these objects after they leave my body but they are not concious. Without all five senses and a brain, how can one be concious? Food is energy but is it concious? Does it think? Does it love? It can’t see as it has no optic nerve. Can trees feel? When they have no pain receptors? We know this from molecular biology. when he talks about the PMR being like a vast nervous system. I can’t see how exactly?....I’m confused 🤷‍♀️

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:38 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Physical objects exist in consciousness, but they are not necessarily conscious in of themselves.
They might have some kind of awareness, but not self-awareness as we know it.

Consciousness is non-physical - it does not need five senses or a brain. The physical world exists 'inside' spiritual consciousness.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:21 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I’m not sure I can see how ? For instance when I brush my hair or exfoliate my skin or cut off a limb, there is energy in these objects after they leave my body but they are not concious. Without all five senses and a brain, how can one be concious? Food is energy but is it concious? Does it think? Does it love? It can’t see as it has no optic nerve. Can trees feel? When they have no pain receptors? We know this from molecular biology. when he talks about the PMR being like a vast nervous system. I can’t see how exactly?....I’m confused 🤷‍♀️
Could you quote Tom where he says what you are paraphrasing ? It might help with giving a precise answer.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:08 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

He says in he 3rd book, “conciousness and energy are fundamentally the same”. I realise life is tangible and our PMR is all we can sense but I can’t get my head around how when I have experienced being unconscious, at some level I still ( according to mbt) had conciousness. I always imagined that after death my energy would transform and somehow as a tree or space dust I’d be conciousness but if we evolved in order to sense with our bodies, how can we sense with no matter to house the consciousness. Even in nmpr we’d need a way to experience that dimension would we not? I really am trying to understand.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:12 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Physical objects exist in consciousness, but they are not necessarily conscious in of themselves.

Consciousness is non-physical - it does not need five senses or a brain. The physical world exists 'inside' spiritual consciousness.
I’m more confused by this. Conciousness means aware experience so what would self awareness not as as we know it involve?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:41 am 
Curator
Curator

Leah,

I remember that you have stated that you read Tom Campbell's trilogy. I also remember referring you to Tom Campbell's Model of Reality in Tom's Wiki and telling you how to get to a link or providing that link. Did you ever read that? There are basic things about how Reality is described and considered to work here based on MBT that you are not understanding and making use of which leads to many of your questions. Like considering this reality to be physical instead of a VR. Does this statement make any sense to you?

Ted

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:50 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Sorry to cause confusion Leah :) Awareness without self-awareness could be some very primitive kind of awareness.
If you want to know more about that, here is a post about it by Tom: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2909&p=5734&hilit=chair#p5734

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:12 am 
Curator
Curator

Blank Mind,

Another way to think about this is to remember that as an avatar in PMR, you are experiencing the results of the incoming data stream over the RWW coming from AUM via TBC which creates your experience of PMR in all of its aspects. AUM is The One Consciousness and it chooses to create this feeling, mood or experience that you attribute to the forest which you are observing. Perhaps you might think of this as a purpose, a desire, to have you think of yourself as part of a connected reality of living entities and to move towards the experience of loving all life, as Tom Campbell says, to become love.

Ted

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:43 am 

I know Yohan said he is married and has been for 40 years, he also said he is a MGTOW.

How can a man be married and be a MGTOW at the same time? MGTOW are men who want nothing to do with women, so how does a married guy become a MGTOW?

Come on Yohan, try explaining this please

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:40 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:
Quote:

I’m more confused by this. Conciousness means aware experience so what would self awareness not as as we know it involve?
You are making a PMR point of view assumption about the definition of consciousness. Our entire reality arises IN Consciousness. And Consciousness (capital "C", not the small "c" of Tom Campbell's AOU) is all that exists ultimately, and it is absolutely infinite and never changing. This is where I differ from Campbell's Big TOE. He says AOU evolves and is only APPARENTLY infinite and one. Then it isn't ultimate and True Reality! I'm only part way through the trilogy and keep waiting for him to introduce an Ultimate Reality that transcends AOU but he doesn't. If he believes AOU is Ultimate, I disagree.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:41 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You are making a PMR point of view assumption about the definition of consciousness. Our entire reality arises IN Consciousness. And Consciousness (capital "C", not the small "c" of Tom Campbell's AOU) is all that exists ultimately, and it is absolutely infinite and never changing. This is where I differ from Campbell's Big TOE. He says AOU evolves and is only APPARENTLY infinite and one. Then it isn't ultimate and True Reality! I'm only part way through the trilogy and keep waiting for him to introduce an Ultimate Reality that transcends AOU but he doesn't. If he believes AOU is Ultimate, I disagree.
So you are the changing and finite aspect of the infinite and unchanging whole.

MBT doesn’t claim to explain the nature of GOD. I’ve never been able to find anything that can explain the nature of GOD. As far as I can tell, there is no way to know other than to know the Self as fully as possible, but as the Self is always changeable and can choose, ‘this or/and that’ it must always exclude something from itself in order to define itself as itself. Otherwise there is nothing to ‘see’.

Perhaps the nature of the Absolute(GOD) is that it has no free will and exists at the unquestioned behest of its subsidiaries. Unconditional Love?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:31 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So you are the changing and finite aspect of the infinite and unchanging whole.

MBT doesn’t claim to explain the nature of GOD. I’ve never been able to find anything that can explain the nature of GOD. As far as I can tell, there is no way to know other than to know the Self as fully as possible, but as the Self is always changeable and can choose, ‘this or/and that’ it must always exclude something from itself in order to define itself as itself. Otherwise there is nothing to ‘see’.

Perhaps the nature of the Absolute(GOD) is that it has no free will and exists at the unquestioned behest of its subsidiaries. Unconditional Love?
If you want to read the most profound Teachings on the nature of "God", read books by Adi Da Samraj.

I guess I wanted My Big TOE to explain the nature of Ultimate Reality ("God") but I guess you are right and it doesn't.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:12 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

My Big TOE should be called My Big TOE (within our OS).
Or My Big Theory of lots of stuff but not everything. <grin>

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:42 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
My Big Theory of lots of stuff but not everything
Rolls off the tongue!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:20 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

RB...

Theory of Everything refers to a problem physics
has that Einstein and others have not resolved.

The observable universe has two distinct and separate
laws of behaviour.

WTF

The stuff we are apparently designed to observe,
is the Newtonian pretending real hard to appear
physical stuff.

But as we get better equipment we discover there’s
weird quantum sh*t like “stuff” changing it’s behavior
when a dude is looking at it.

Double WTF

So Tom’s TOE is a specific flavour of an emerging school
of theories centred on simulations, like Elon