Return Home
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:26 pm

All times are UTC-06:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:29 am 
Offline
Normal User
Normal User

Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:06 pm
Posts: 31
Dear all,

don’t worry I won’t discuss the incoherencies of Tom’s theory here as I don’t care about that any more. (In fact, I haven’t even checked my own thread any more since my last post and I don't intend to do it, because I saw enough of the amazing stupidity in there – so don’t worry the discussion is over.) Most of the replies I got so far in this forum were not exactly impressively clever or insightful so I don’t think that a further exchange of arguments (or pseudo-arguments) will go anywhere desirable.

I would just like to give a general feedback. Let’s start with a little story. A colleague of mine recently told me about a murder case in a Middle Eastern country that has taken place a few years ago. A 14-year old girl was tortured to death by a group of men. Their “fun games” involved among other things cutting out parts of her body; the inexplicable horror lasted a few days. Now don’t worry, as mentioned, I don’t want to discuss the policy of the system regarding intervention again. (Let’s be charitable: I suppose the system just didn’t notice because it was too busy helping a lonely child in Florida grow by creating an imaginary friend ;) But does the fact that we live in a world in which such horror is a normal thing make me angry? Yes, somewhat. Oh yeah, I know, I am just not getting that the system looks contextual to such situations – maybe it helped the spiritual growth of those who heard about this case. Perhaps in some weird way it was even good for the growth of the girl or their torturers. So I might just be missing that the good aspects may outweigh here the bad aspects in some unexpected way. Well, does anybody else notice the idiocy here? (Oops, sorry, did I strawman someone again? ;))

I am also somewhat “confused” by who I met in this forum – particularly by Ted. To call this forum a “market place for Tom’s ideas” is basically an insult to any reasonable person. Ideas are not to be sold or taught, but to be discussed. And to pretend that Tom’s theory cannot have any flaws is just ridiculous. Your free speech policy here is quite hammer and sickle, if you don’t mind me say so. And if you delete this post for this criticism, this would be just divine irony ;)

Someone like VirtualBrain is clearly just driven by his wishful thinking – as many here. I do believe that he is a good-natured person, but just diagnosing those who disagree with him with fear and ego and pretending to know better is not helping. In a real discussion the focus is on the arguments, not on those who make them and their possible motives or supposed general attitudes.

Sainbury’s case is similar. I feel that she just cannot accept that Tom’s theory might not be perfectly coherent after all. I do think that she is well-intentioned, too, but just showing anyone who disagrees (f.i. regarding the well-established fact that the notion of “free will” is intrinsically flawed) the door is not helpful. It is rather a weakness.

Someone like Human+ is just dumb as a rock (and a liar by the way). But hey, let’s be charitable here, too: his outstanding stupidity and clumsy attempts to be manipulative are at least amusing ;)

Ted on the other hand is clearly not someone who just cannot follow the plot. But he is someone who will attack you for not completely agreeing with him (and Tom), which is not exactly a perfect premise for any discussion. And I am reasonably sure that Tom Campbell does not share this attitude.

As I have said before, I like Tom and I am intrigued by his theory – even though it is obvious to me that some parts of it do not work. As anyone else here I have many questions about the nature of reality. However, I have given up the hope that a fruitful discussion is possible in this forum. Therefore, I am not here to discuss, but just to give some general feedback. I leave the discussion to the others. View it as an opportunity for self-reflection. And don’t bother addressing me; as with my former thread I won’t read any further replies anyway – I really don’t care. I just hope that Tom – a truly nice and in many respects very wise person that I respect – might have a better forum in the future… Now and then I might drop a question in the Fire Side section.


Top
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:38 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:10 am
Posts: 164
Personal insults are not arguments.

And what is the 'story' you announced in your subject line?

No arguments. No story.

And Ted has left the physical already quite a while ago. You didn't even bother to check on this, did you?

Your post is very ego-driven.

You only post a monologue issuing insults, after all. Who do you want to impress with this?

You just come across as quite butthurt and whining.

Who do you want to help with that kind of post? Only yourself? Your ego?

Your post does not make any sense and leads nowhere.

_________________
"I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness."
- Max Planck


Top
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:37 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster

Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:47 am
Posts: 177
This is a funny thread.

It's common that people with come to the forum with an arrogant and often very unimpressive critique of MBT, reject all the answers provided to them and then accuse other members of being dogmatic.

The big "gotcha" against MBT theory in the other thread was along the lines of, "how come bad things happen to people?". Lol.

To come to the forum a year later with an immense gripe like this with your long-winded personal insults and to make a point that you don't actually want to discuss the topic again shows where you are emotionally. And adding multiple smiley faces doesn't hide your feelings from anyone.

Quote:
Perhaps in some weird way it was even good for the growth of the girl or their torturers. So I might just be missing that the good aspects may outweigh here the bad aspects in some unexpected way. Well, does anybody else notice the idiocy here?
It's such a weak argument that demonstrates no knowledge of the most basic MBT concepts. If you do want to actually discuss this properly, we can here on the forum, or if you want to message me.

Quote:
I am also somewhat “confused” by who I met in this forum – particularly by Ted. To call this forum a “market place for Tom’s ideas” is basically an insult to any reasonable person. Ideas are not to be sold or taught, but to be discussed.
lol. you thought he meant ideas are to "be sold or taught" by his expression?

"market place of ideas" is an expression that means in free, public discourse, truth is eventually reached. And in that thread, you were allowed to write essays that had no substance and only served as personal attacks. I would say you owe them a thank you for tolerating your behavior.


Top
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:15 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:54 pm
Posts: 5340
Location: Ocala, FL
Given that Tom's theory doesn't help you lower your entropy, IvanD why are you here posting? Find something else that helps you evolve the quality of your consciousness.


Top
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:51 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 5:31 pm
Posts: 60
Hello IvanD,
Yes Tom's theories are challenging to the ego, but throwing man-tantrums and insults around probably isn't going to help you work through this. Too carry such hate around for so long is not good for you my friend. I was stuck in that horrible state for a while myself...so I have some understanding. If you want to discuss this any further, and in an adult manner, please Private Message me and we can work through this together.

Safe travels,
Nathan.


Top
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:28 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:31 pm
Posts: 3400
Location: Florario/Ontorida
Isn’t it interesting that the human platform
often switches data streams when faced
with something horrific and no hope of
evasion.

Following loss of conciousness, insults to the
sensor platform become non significant, not
experienced.



And, it’s just a game.

Actual bodies are not getting mangled. We are eternal
oversouls playing a video game.

Presumably ultra syntropic IUOCs ask for these
high risk incarnations for the thrill and bragging rights?

_________________
Does this PMR make my butt look big?


Top
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:16 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster

Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:18 pm
Posts: 274
Many people ask Tom about torture and pain. Tom has answered that an IUOC may choose to "log out" of its PMR avatar in order to avoid pointless suffering. Then the LCS just "plays" the avatar to make it appear conscious. I don't know when or where that happens - if you want to know more details, you can ask Tom directly in the fireside chat thread.

Ted died a while ago. It's great how he tested everyone on this forum. I only realized that after he passed. Tom could've chosen many perfect people as moderators, but he kept Ted for a reason.


Top
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:10 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:44 am
Posts: 762
Quote:
I do believe that he is a good-natured person
Thanks Ivan. :) I am well aware there is much evil in this world, I’ve even experienced some of it myself, had I not, I wouldn’t be who I am now. But there is much good also.

Like the old song says “accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative”. But to do so is just a choice, you don’t have to. Good luck to you!


Top
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:02 pm 
Offline
Normal User
Normal User

Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:03 am
Posts: 24
Quote:
Dear all,

don’t worry I won’t discuss the incoherencies of Tom’s theory here as I don’t care about that any more. (In fact, I haven’t even checked my own thread any more since my last post and I don't intend to do it, because I saw enough of the amazing stupidity in there – so don’t worry the discussion is over.) Most of the replies I got so far in this forum were not exactly impressively clever or insightful so I don’t think that a further exchange of arguments (or pseudo-arguments) will go anywhere desirable.
_____________________________
Hi
Would you like some cuddles?


Top
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:24 pm 
Offline
Normal User
Normal User

Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:07 am
Posts: 16
Quote:
I would just like to give a general feedback. Let’s start with a little story. A colleague of mine recently told me about a murder case in a Middle Eastern country that has taken place a few years ago. A 14-year old girl was tortured to death by a group of men. Their “fun games” involved among other things cutting out parts of her body; the inexplicable horror lasted a few days. Now don’t worry, as mentioned, I don’t want to discuss the policy of the system regarding intervention again. (Let’s be charitable: I suppose the system just didn’t notice because it was too busy helping a lonely child in Florida grow by creating an imaginary friend ;) But does the fact that we live in a world in which such horror is a normal thing make me angry? Yes, somewhat. Oh yeah, I know, I am just not getting that the system looks contextual to such situations – maybe it helped the spiritual growth of those who heard about this case. Perhaps in some weird way it was even good for the growth of the girl or their torturers.
who said this [planet] was a nice place? why would anything para-normal save anyone? [then it would be just normal wouldn't it] if you do read this you may see you too share a wishful thinking, this is still a PMR and a rough one; you may want to address your anger, i'm just a random post on the internet but a professional might be of help, at leat some say so


Top
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC-06:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited