Return Home
It is currently Fri May 14, 2021 12:31 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 487 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 1033 Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:17 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Undirected and random events can not create specified complexity.
Perhaps complexity cannot be logically deduced from "pure" randomness without the Fundamental Process, which is, along with the "existence" of primordial consciousness, one of the basic assumptions of the model.
Quote:
Typically, growing things (things that are in a state of becoming) can naturally and spontaneously - for at least some limited period of time - decrease their entropy. In contrast, the entropy of non-growing things always naturally increases. In PMR, the growing things ultimately depend on the non-growing things, thus fulfilling the grim prediction of the second law of thermodynamics. We will discover that in mind-space where AUO exists as dim consciousness, there are no physical things and everything has the potential to grow. In mind-space, seeking the lowest energy state is never a goal. Quite the contrary, for a consciousness system the most profitable next-state is one that enables that system to minimize its entropy. In other words, evolutionary change within a consciousness system is profitable for that system if it causes the entropy of the system to decrease.

There is a natural tendency for an entity to make those choices, or to exploit or succumb to those changes that move that entity toward its evolutionary goals. That is, toward a more profitable configuration or mutually beneficial arrangement- toward a lower energy state for physical matter (higher entropy) or a lower entropy state (higher usable energy) for consciousness. The Fundamental Process explores all the opportunities and possibilities for change, then inextricably and statistically moves each entity, each collection of similar entities (such as a species or a field full of rocks), or each collection of collections of diverse entities (community or ecosystem) toward its immediate goals by continuing to evolve the winners. The Fundamental Process of evolution is a recursive process that builds layer upon layer of interdependent organization and structure: a process that repeats and folds back upon itself at many different scales and levels of interaction.

Again, let me caution you to not be confused by the use of verbs in a sentence that has the Fundamental Process as the subject. That particular language construction is simply convenient and more succinctly expressive in describing the dynamics of evolutionary change. The Fundamental Process is a simple natural process - not an active sentient growth manager that can execute action verbs toward the achievement of some preconceived goal. (MBT p. 196)
As an assumption, the FP has no logical entry point. Why does the LCS intrinsically move towards lower entropy states? A guess is, because randomness is equivalent to non-existence--nothingness, no meaningful information. Why existence is preferable to non-existence, I don't know. We can seek the "source" of the FP in mystical states, but for our purposes, we live with uncertainty.

So we do not live in a system of "purely" undirected and random events, we live in a system in which growing things are attracted by, reinforced, and bolstered by the achievement of more profitable, organized, complex, effective, powerful, interrelated, meaningful, harmonic states, able to do more "work" (i.e. to continue the Fundamental Process). This is the "power" behind the intent of the entire system to evolve, which all of its parts have "inherited." If you reject this assumption, much of MBT does not make sense.
Quote:
What I think we find is organizing principles (or fields) at various levels of abstractions. Kind of like boundary layers of an onion. npmr organizes VMs, VMs organize galaxies, galaxies organize planets, bodies organize organs, organs organize cells, cells organize parts, parts to atoms, atoms to particles, etc. All in a feedback loop of information and expanding experience via experiments, levels of organization, and excluding possibilities.
William, your "organizing fields" are also elaborated in complexity theory:
Quote:
3. A complex system possesses a structure spanning several scales

Take the example of the human body again:
Scale 1: head, trunk, limbs,
Scale 2: bones, muscles, stomach, blood, nerves,
Scale 3: cells, each with a nucleus, mitochondria, cytoplasm,
Scale 4: chromosomes containing DNA, specialized protein molecules, each filling a special role

At every scale we find a structure. This is an essential and radically new aspect of a complex system, and it leads to the fourth property:

4. A complex system is capable of emerging behavior.
Emergence happens when you switch the focus of attention from one scale to the coarser scale above it. A certain behavior, observed at a certain scale, is said to be emergent if it cannot be understood when you study, separately and one by one, every constituent of his scale, each of which may also be a complex system made up of finer scales. Thus the emerging behavior is a new phenomenon special to the scale considered, and it results from global interactions between the scale’s constituents. Trivial example: the human body is capable of walking. This is an emerging property of the highest scale mentioned earlier. If you study only a head, or only a trunk, or only a leg, you will never understand walking.

The combination of structure and emergence leads to self-organization, which is what happens when an emerging behavior has the effect of changing the structure or creating a new structure. (Baranger, p. 9):
William, you write:
Quote:
I don't see self organization in crystals or swarming groups. I see intent and morphogenetic fields which have, at least, a larger goal or programming.
How do you account then for the development of the goal or programming within the morphogenetic field or intent? Could it have evolved as a result of the same process of self-organization and emergent complexity that Ted has been describing? I haven't yet read Rupert Sheldrake; does he address the reason that morphogenetic fields developed in the first place?

Going further with this line of thought: systems that transition to higher states of organization under the onslaught of the forces of entropy reduction do so by transferring energy to themselves from the larger system in which they are embedded, reorganizing that energy to work for them (and their interrelated systems), and in the process, increasing the entropy of the global environment from which the energy or matter was "withdrawn:"
Quote:
We suggest that in nonequilibrium situations, systems will take advantage of all available means to resist the gradients responsible for the nonequilibrium condition. Furthermore, the stronger the applied gradient, the greater the effect that the equilibrium attractor will have on the system. Emergence of coherent self-organizing structures are the expected response of systems as they attempt to resist and dissipate the external gradients that are moving them away from equilibrium. (Schneider, p. 45)
This can occur non-living systems such as plants or weather:
Quote:
The global weather, wind and ocean circulation patterns are the result of the difference in heating at the equator relative to the poles. The general meteorological circulation of the earth, although affected by spatial, Coriolis and angular momentum effects, is driven by gradients and the global system's attempt to dissipate them and come to local equilibrium. Paltridge (21] has suggested that the earth-atmosphere, climate system configures itself into a state of maximum dissipation and that the global distribution of clouds, temperature and horizontal energy flows are governed by thermodynamic dissipative processes similar to those described above. We see that the earth-climate system, as well as other dissipative systems, do not reach a static equilibrium state because they are open thermodynamic systems constantly receiving a supply of external energy (i.e., from the sun), which drives them and maintains them in a nonequilibrium organized state.
And it also clearly happens with biological agents and ecosystems. What is the logical reason that chemical compounds evolved into cells, or single cells evolved into complex cells, or complex cells to multicellular organisms, or multicellular organisms to animals, fish, mammals, primates, humans? Consciousness experiencing life as a biological organism is just driven to resist the entropy of death--to survive and procreate--and will gladly increase the entropy of the larger environment to do so.

Finally we reach the stage of consciousness evolution, the next step after survival and procreation. Human and animals evolve our consciousness ("become love") because we are consciousness, and therefore have "key roles" as part of the larger consciousness system that is engaged in the process of reducing its disorder. If you remove the larger consciousness system from the picture, as materialist science has done, then biological evolution (the drive to survive) makes no sense. Evolution without purpose is explored in the philosophy of existentialism: life is absurd and meaningless but we chug along anyway for no good reason.

This leads me to two questions:

Is the generation and maintenance of PMRs temporarily entropy-increasing, because it is so resource intensive? The success of the PMR is therefore important so as to "gain dividends:" the PMR will eventually contribute to the entropy reduction of the IUOCs participating there.

Similarly, when an IUOC contributes chunks of its code to "spawn" higher entropy IUOCs that then go on to evolve on their own paths, is this process temporarily increasing entropy, until the IUOCs decrease their entropy and eventually the entropy of the entire system?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:04 pm 
Curator
Curator

Quote:
Is the generation and maintenance of PMRs temporarily entropy-increasing, because it is so resource intensive? The success of the PMR is therefore important so as to "gain dividends:" the PMR will eventually contribute to the entropy reduction of the IUOCs participating there.
Remember that we are not talking about entropy related to energy systems here but entropy related to information systems. I don't see PMRs as resource intensive. It's just IUOCs doing their thing according to the direction of AUM, just like for NPMRs.
Quote:
Similarly, when an IUOC contributes chunks of its code to "spawn" higher entropy IUOCs that then go on to evolve on their own paths, is this process temporarily increasing entropy, until the IUOCs decrease their entropy and eventually the entropy of the entire system?
Entropy is a 'density' function so while entropy has been increased, system 'volume' has also been increased so I suspect that there is no net gain in system entropy and it is all gain when the new IUOC lowers its entropy and not having to first recover from a temporary rise.

Ted

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:35 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

No time to read such a lengthy and involved thread, but:

Comment -

I was somewhat surprised looking through all the dream related postings on the MBT forum that i did not run across the concept of the "Dream lessons" being blue printed, computer programmed Dreamscapes with the subjective details being personalized for each of us. I can only assume than , that I had heard of this "notion" in one of Tom's videos .

Question to Ted-

With the dream reality frame lacking "continuity", as we are used to day to day live in PMR , does this than mean that the dream reality frame as a virtual reality is not an "evolved" virtual reality like PMR is ?

Comment: That was a major theme in Rob Monroe's (The guy that helped Tom grow his wings) books. All sorts of learning lessons in dreams. They weren't conceived of as computer programs; you can do that if somehow it serves you.

Question: So it sounds like you are comfortable with the assumptions that 1) All dream reality is the same stuff and 2) it is that which lacks continuity and not a person's recall of it.

Here: Other realities require differing 'software' to experience them. Some components of one's daily software may operate elsewhere, but not fully. So while you may remember visual components of a dream, some things you may not have recognized because you have no name for them and no category, no way to 'think' about them. Other items may have structure in a sensory modality that you do not engage with as human. Still other assumptions and assemblages that make sense and are common in that realm may not be the custom of this one, so those things would never present themselves as 'thinkable thoughts' to you here.

Not sure where you intended to go with the aspberger/autism spectrum thing, but I will tell you I recently drove a remarkable woman a hundred miles and back to testify at the Montana Legislature. She has done decades of post-doc research as a biophysicist, has a similarly degreed husband with aspergers, and two grown children with autism. She has done nothing since retirement but read all the latest research, and she knows HOW to read it, and how to cogitate about the data. She is very clear that it is a brain based disorder, and can be very specific about which parts of the brain are doing (or not doing) what. Now we could ask how this fits in with Tom's model, or anyone's model, and didn't the NPMR structure cause the brain to be in the condition its in, or whether the autism is the result of the brain, but those kinds of questions typically do not lead us to useful place (one in which one can do something practical with the answers). Not all the answers are there yet of course, but the woman could almost certainly write, without having to do much thinking, a respectable textbook on the topic.

Maybe she will.

M~

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:19 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Montana,

Thanks for all your insights and input into this thread :)
Comments and analysis from such a respected member of the MBT are always most welcome with the topics that are being discussed in this thread.
Some of the concepts in here we have been discussing had become dead ended, although William and Ted have brought up some interesting concepts here recently to be sure. But especially with the study of the dream reality frame I feel we can still derive some meaningful information , if we all work together as a "team". As you mentioned as long as the information in "some ways" can lead to profitability in the "practical sense".

I don't have a lot of time this morning , but i wanted to quickly comment on one area of your posting-
Quote:
Comment -

I was somewhat surprised looking through all the dream related postings on the MBT forum that i did not run across the concept of the "Dream lessons" being blue printed, computer programmed Dreamscapes with the subjective details being personalized for each of us. I can only assume than , that I had heard of this "notion" in one of Tom's videos .
At first i thought this had been discussed on the forum.
But I think its mentioned in one of Tom's videos or perhaps in a couple of them. I am sorry but i do not recall which videos these are mentioned in. But as i have had "personalized experience" with this concept in my dreams for me the validity of this is quite high.
Quote:
Question to Ted-

With the dream reality frame lacking "continuity", as we are used to day to day live in PMR , does this than mean that the dream reality frame as a virtual reality is not an "evolved" virtual reality like PMR is ?
This concept has been discussed quite a lot in this thread.
Ted had some really great ideas about this .
For myself, if we were to assume that the dream reality frame is this" unconnected to PMR realm", than it lacks "continuity" .
The "evolved" concept i struggle more with .
So its not 'evolved" if you think of the word "evolved" as it pertains to how we typically use it the description of "PMR being evolved". Which to me is you start with this basic rule set, than the 'run button" is pushed and because of the "rule set" having the correct "ingredients".. if you will... it is sorta left on its own to "evolve" in the ways that it does due to "probability" . I don't see the dream reality having any of those 'evolved " type concepts at all.

On the other hand if you want to look at it as though your Q of C is experiencing a "lowering of entropy" because of its interactions within the dream reality frame , than sure you could say your consciousness is evolving as a result of the dream reality frame experiences.

I think part of this is the word "evolved" covers so much "meaning" in our PMR language.

this is all i have time for, more later

brian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:03 am 
Curator
Curator

Brian,

I think the question of whether the dream reality frame is an evolved VR or not comes down to no as it is not evolving in the same sense that PMR evolves, but in the sense that the dream reality frame is tied to ourselves individually and that we are part of the evolving VR of PMR, then it can be said to evolve if perhaps only indirectly because of this tie.

PMR evolves based upon its rule set and also 'socially' since there seems to be a slow evolution of society although as individuals we evolve but this is offset by the constant addition of new IUOC/avatars. So this VR remains a Kindergarten as Tom describes it.

The dream reality frame does not evolve in the sense of a PMR VR because it does not have a rule set which governs and produces any kind of evolution. But surely there has been a change in our dreams as we have evolved as avatars and society with the passage of time in the VR. So we don't dream the same kinds of dreams that we would have as 'cavemen' or as medieval humans or as modern humans. So while there must have been change, it is ancillary to our evolution as humans and human society and technology and not really what would be called evolution.

Ted

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:33 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ted ,

thanks much for your reply !
I think you presented a quite reasonable explanation for the "evolved" aspects of the dream reality frame and also what ( part of the purpose anyways) of the dream reality frame's purpose is to its counter part PMR.

I actually had a couple of fairly interesting dreams the past few nights that I think are worth mentioning in the thread.

Dream # 1 -

This dream contained a PMR event which did surface in the dream .
The PMR event was-
I was witnessed to the aftermath of a bad accident on the highway where a car lied upside down on its hood, on the way home from work.
So later that night in this dream my brother had gotten a job as a policeman. Either i was his partner in the vehicle with him or i was just playing the role of "observer "in this dream. One strange aspect of this dream was the police vehicle kept flip - flopping between a motorcycle and a cruiser (car). Anyways much of the dream seemed to be about my brother receiving these police calls and speeding away to the scene of the crimes . Again I seemed to be the observer somehow in all this. So on this particular police call, where as my brother was obviously trying to take a turn at too high a rate of speed, ( I recall he started this police call out driving on a motorcycle), the motorcycle started to flip over. as soon as this started happening , the motorcycle almost immediately changed back to a police car. I think at this point in the dream is where the connection occurred back to my startling PMR event earlier in the day of seeing the accident where the car had flipped over onto its hood. My brother's car actually flipped all the way over back into the upright position back on its wheels again. This was also very odd also as you could see my brother shifting his weight forward inside the car in an effort to complete the full roll. My brother was apparently fine and unhurt. The dream ended shortly afterwards.

A couple of observations I would like to make with some conjecture on my part in the hope of generating more "dream discussion" , on Dream # 1

1) There was plenty of recall of the road system in the dream, where as an observer I was able to follow the car around. All of the road system was quite unfamiliar to me as though it had been rendered for me by the TBC. For those that want to hang on to the notion that the entirety of our dreams are created from our PMR minds- Why not just use a quick snap shot or 2 from are own PMR recalls of familiar road systems, rather than go to all this time and trouble where I am using the creative process of me creating a road system using my PMR brain ?
Of course the answer is because its being rendered outside of me by the TBC. Where as most of the details are being rendered in dreams by the TBC as has been mentioned throughout this thread with the following exceptions-

A) PMR events that are most likely just (randomly sampled and selected ) out of the individuals data base folder. The purpose for this i assume, is to add a sense of familiarity and comfort to the person having the dreams. And/or as focal point to have something to build the rest of the dream scene around perhaps.

B) Connection to PMR details and events are added by the person's expectations and beliefs into dreams.

C) If they involve a person's free will decision making process and intent in that dream. ( this one takes us into Dream # 2 as the example)

Dream #2

So in this dream I had the next night. Where again we were driving in separate vehicles on an unfamiliar road system. I had called my cousin on the cell phone who was driving up the road a bit with his family in his van. And we were discussing stopping at a liquor store to pick up some Brandy. So i think in most instances this would be much like what "Autistic B" reports in his dream experiences that the majority of these labels and names for things are unfamiliar and seem to be rendered in a random fashion by the TBC. But in this instance I recalled making a conscious decision that i wanted to stop at a place that sells cheaper liquor. So i thought of the name "Albertson's". Which in fact is the name of a PMR store I know that has a bit cheaper prices for liquor.. Otherwise, if there is no thought process about the store in any way than I assume the name for the store simply gets rendered randomly from the TBC data base, if it falls under the category of "unimportant detail" in this dream, see.

brian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:41 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Brian,

I took the test and scored 33. I probably would have scored higher had I answered the questions as they would have applied to me in the past. Honestly answering the questions, I found some questions apply to me no longer probably because of the changes that take place from life experiences of growing older.

For example, I used to hate social situations. I hated going to bars unless I worked there, then it wasn't so bad because I had something to do that I could wrap my mind around. And what was my job at bars? It was figuring out who the trouble makers were and removing them with the least amount of drama so the folks spending money there to have a good time, wouldn't leave because of the troublemakers and any fighting. I got pretty good at that but knowing it wouldn't last, I also went to welding school while I worked the bars.

Now, I still don't like going to bars or even the idea of working at one anymore. But, obligatory social gatherings (that I used to also hate) with family or coworkers is something I can sit back and just enjoy the folks and their different personalities, looking at those people with genuine love.
That's nice, but it's still a job, lol. Because I constantly feel the need to ask myself, "What should I talk about? What should I not talk about? Should I talk? Ah, never mind."
And, like my youngest son, if you get me started talking about something I'm into, I'm just like the snowball rolling down hill. I'm hard to stop.

Also, there are lots of people that call me their friend but they do not socialize with me at all. They don't come over and see me unless they think I'm in trouble, if at all, and they don't invite me over to see them unless they need something from me.

The thing I always liked about welding after I quit bouncing was I could be myself without worry of it affecting my employment because all they care about is, can I make the weld and can I make it shoot (pass Xray). Then it was head to the motel and get lost in my books or video games and I smoked a lot of pot until I finally got tired of having to always cheat on drug tests.

I'd wager, any psychologist could look at my comment here and say, "oh yeah, we gotta get this man into treatment..." Good luck with that.
If they're coming to get me I suggest they "better eat their Wheaties first."

Just like flying, man I love to fly but I don't fly anywhere anymore because I won't let the TSA put their hands on me. No one gets to put their hands on me and man handle me without paying for it dearly. Not TSA and not white suites nor am I ever going to sit on a plane on a runway for hours and hours only to have someone tell me I can't get up or get off. If I can't drive myself, I ain't going.

Oh, and like William12 mentioned, I often break out in song. Can't help it nor do I want to help it.

Does any of that sound like Asperger's? lol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:53 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Uhh, a test? I love tests! :D

I can't remember if I've already taken it, I've taken some in the past, and in the meanwhile, I've actually being officially diagnosed as a high functioning Asperger.

My score was 37, so I'd say the test is fairly accurate.

btw, here's the link to the test in question in case anyone else is interested.

http://psychcentral.com/quizzes/autism.htm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:08 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Hi Brian,

I took the test and scored 33. I probably would have scored higher had I answered the questions as they would have applied to me in the past. Honestly answering the questions, I found some questions apply to me no longer probably because of the changes that take place from life experiences of growing older.

For example, I used to hate social situations. I hated going to bars unless I worked there, then it wasn't so bad because I had something to do that I could wrap my mind around. And what was my job at bars? It was figuring out who the trouble makers were and removing them with the least amount of drama so the folks spending money there to have a good time, wouldn't leave because of the troublemakers and any fighting. I got pretty good at that but knowing it wouldn't last, I also went to welding school while I worked the bars.

Now, I still don't like going to bars or even the idea of working at one anymore. But, obligatory social gatherings (that I used to also hate) with family or coworkers is something I can sit back and just enjoy the folks and their different personalities, looking at those people with genuine love.
That's nice, but it's still a job, lol. Because I constantly feel the need to ask myself, "What should I talk about? What should I not talk about? Should I talk? Ah, never mind."
And, like my youngest son, if you get me started talking about something I'm into, I'm just like the snowball rolling down hill. I'm hard to stop.

Also, there are lots of people that call me their friend but they do not socialize with me at all. They don't come over and see me unless they think I'm in trouble, if at all, and they don't invite me over to see them unless they need something from me.

The thing I always liked about welding after I quit bouncing was I could be myself without worry of it affecting my employment because all they care about is, can I make the weld and can I make it shoot (pass Xray). Then it was head to the motel and get lost in my books or video games and I smoked a lot of pot until I finally got tired of having to always cheat on drug tests.

I'd wager, any psychologist could look at my comment here and say, "oh yeah, we gotta get this man into treatment..." Good luck with that.
If they're coming to get me I suggest they "better eat their Wheaties first."

Just like flying, man I love to fly but I don't fly anywhere anymore because I won't let the TSA put their hands on me. No one gets to put their hands on me and man handle me without paying for it dearly. Not TSA and not white suites nor am I ever going to sit on a plane on a runway for hours and hours only to have someone tell me I can't get up or get off. If I can't drive myself, I ain't going.

Oh, and like William12 mentioned, I often break out in song. Can't help it nor do I want to help it.

I see a lot of myself in you, although at a complete different level, ehh, hard to explain. We're nothing alike, but still similar. :/

There is no treatment for Aspergers. It's a personality "disorder". Only self development can "cure" it.

The only reason why Aspergers is a thing is because people that behaves this way are often completely misunderstood/mistreated in our society. It's not much of a problem here in Denmark, but I'd imagine it's a huge issue in the states.

Aspergers are just very different people from the norm, and this can cause a lot of issues.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:39 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

First of all its great to see this thread activated again ....
Quote:
Jim, I had the identical experience myself..
I wondered also how those aspects you mentioned effected my score too..
Quote:
Yes, actually you can pick up on a few (Autistic -like) attributes, and yes it does sound like Aspergers to me, Jim.

Anyways it sounds like the 4 of us share much in common here.. ( I am also placing Ted in here as he has mentioned on the board he feels hes a probable Aspergers candidate . I cannot recall what his score was now on the test..),

The other 3 of us have scores of 31, 33, and 37, so thats relatively in the same (autistic - Boat) , if you will

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:36 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Brian and Lazy, I suppose I could just be in denial, but I don't see it as a disorder.
I see it as a plus.
I feel sorry for those that can't see as much as I. They don't know what they're missing.
Because of my lack of hearing in my left ear I have always been a visual person. I learned to read lips at an early age and I read body language too. Eye contact isn't a problem because I habitually look at a persons lips when we talk otherwise I might miss something. I've always been in my own little world and marched to the beat of my own drum. I had assumed upon reflection that it was because I typically hear only half of what people say with my limited hearing.
Now I see there's a little more to it than just deafness. Oh well, I am what I am, I don't apologize anymore unless I have something to be actually sorry about.
I'm glad I am who I am and that I'm here at this moment in time to take advantage of this moment in history.

Lazy, I was reading your earlier posts and definitely feel we may be kindred spirits on a different level or whatever. I don't smoke anymore either because of constant drug tests and it kept me from remembering dreams. Nevertheless it is my life's goal to get medical cannabis legalized in my state. All I need is to change the laws here (we have the signatures to put it on the ballot in November) and then I will grow it and make CO (cannabis oil) so folks with debilitating pain, cancer, MS, Type 2 diabetes, epilepsy, etc. can get healed without losing their life savings and their lives to the cancer industry, the industrial medical complex and big pharma.

It is my dream to grow it, make it and give it away.
There are also many traditional Chinese herbs that work well with CO. I'm into wildcrafting as well. They go hand in hand.
I realize I'm dreaming big but then so what? I've always been a big dreamer. I think that's also a plus.
If my wife had a Native American name it would be Screams Alot. Mine is Dreams Alot. lol Always has been.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:58 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Brian and Lazy, I suppose I could just be in denial, but I don't see it as a disorder.
I see it as a plus.
I feel sorry for those that can't see as much as I. They don't know what they're missing.
Because of my lack of hearing in my left ear I have always been a visual person. I learned to read lips at an early age and I read body language too. Eye contact isn't a problem because I habitually look at a persons lips when we talk otherwise I might miss something. I've always been in my own little world and marched to the beat of my own drum. I had assumed upon reflection that it was because I typically hear only half of what people say with my limited hearing.
Now I see there's a little more to it than just deafness. Oh well, I am what I am, I don't apologize anymore unless I have something to be actually sorry about.
I'm glad I am who I am and that I'm here at this moment in time to take advantage of this moment in history.

Lazy, I was reading your earlier posts and definitely feel we may be kindred spirits on a different level or whatever. I don't smoke anymore either because of constant drug tests and it kept me from remembering dreams. Nevertheless it is my life's goal to get medical cannabis legalized in my state. All I need is to change the laws here (we have the signatures to put it on the ballot in November) and then I will grow it and make CO (cannabis oil) so folks with debilitating pain, cancer, MS, Type 2 diabetes, epilepsy, etc. can get healed without losing their life savings and their lives to the cancer industry, the industrial medical complex and big pharma.

It is my dream to grow it, make it and give it away.
There are also many traditional Chinese herbs that work well with CO. I'm into wildcrafting as well. They go hand in hand.
I realize I'm dreaming big but then so what? I've always been a big dreamer. I think that's also a plus.
If my wife had a Native American name it would be Screams Alot. Mine is Dreams Alot. lol Always has been.
You're not in denial, it's not a disorder, that's why I used the quotation marks around the word. That's just what it's officially been called.

I've also stopped smoking myself recently, for like the 10th time or something like that, hopefully I can keep my promises to myself this time ^^
I'd like to start dreaming again, and I need my brain to be sharp because of my hopefully future profession.

I believe your goal is very noble. Cannabis (medical or otherwise) is one of the safest drugs you can do, and it have a lot of benefits. I've never understood why alcohol is accepted, but not cannabis. Well I do understand why, I just don't think it's a valid reason at all.

I see my Aspergers as a plus as well. When I was about 10ish I saw a program on television about a autistic guy who worked at a state sponsored radio show because he knew their entire album collection and where everything was located from memory alone. (We're talking millions of albums) I thought to myself then, that I wanted to be like that guy, but just without all the social issues he had. I've always wanted to be an Asperger, we see and understand things most people don't. It have it's drawbacks though, but the advantages definitely makes up for them.[/quote]

Last edited by Lazy Vulpes on Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:59 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Oops, I seem to have pressed quote instead of edit, my post is above this. ^^

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:19 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Lazy and to Jim :

My 2 dear friends here on MBT-
I always seem to be a little more emotional in the early morning. LOL
I cannot express my gratitude adequately to you guys for reopening this thread that was so dear to my heart. I was quite surprised it had gathered some dust after 16 months of inactivity. Really in hindsight , I should have broken these down into there proper 3- separate MBT concepts. I know the dream reality, there has been much spoken about this topic on the forums here, and i even have opened up separate postings for it and it does seem to be a very popular topic here on the MBT forums.

So in that regard , I think its great we have specifically targeted " Aspergers" in our recent postings. I think there is still much potential from a research standpoint with it and equally a great deal of discussion which I know to be profitable , you guys have already been helpful in generating..with recent postings.

I would be remiss if i did not take the time this morning to fully reply to each of your postings and than we can see where this will take us in the future ...

I will start with Lazy's posting -
Quote:
You're not in denial, it's not a disorder, that's why I used the quotation marks around the word. That's just what it's officially been called.
This is 100 % correct by my way of thinking . And i will comment more on this later when I get to Jim's posting.
Quote:
I've also stopped smoking myself recently, for like the 10th time or something like that, hopefully I can keep my promises to myself this time ^^
I'd like to start dreaming again, and I need my brain to be sharp because of my hopefully future profession.
To hear this about dreaming always gets me excited..
Anyone who has read even 10 % of my dream threads here on the MBT forums would know this. I am also quite confident now Lazy, that you have stated your motivation and intent , to improve your dream recall, you are already well on your way to making this happen for you my friend.
Quote:
I see my Aspergers as a plus as well. When I was about 10ish I saw a program on television about a autistic guy who worked at a state sponsored radio show because he knew their entire album collection and where everything was located from memory alone. (We're talking millions of albums) I thought to myself then, that I wanted to be like that guy, but just without all the social issues he had. I've always wanted to be an Asperger, we see and understand things most people don't. It have it's drawbacks though, but the advantages definitely makes up for them.
This is a great example here of the PMR advantages that Aspergers can afford a person . In addition ( with the caveat being there less well understood by society), there are NPMR advantages as well. I will again comment on this more in my reply to Jim's postings. Although much of this can also be dug out in some of the first pages of the thread when i was bold enough to throw out some theoretical assertions which could only be further validated through more Aspergers research than the small amount i did..Now that the thread has expanded to nearly 8 full pages , there a bit harder to hunt down and find..

Moving on now to Jim's posting :
Quote:
I see it as a plus.
Heh . I am starting to see more and more Jim, why you have given this some thought we musta been connected somehow in a least one past life :) ( and perhaps more than 1 )..
Because the first time through i read this, I knew I could have written the same ( word for word) here.

But to be brief here.. that I learned early on with this research that unless you had acquired a " bigger picture understanding of the nature of reality " , ( and each of you must be your own judge with your societal involvement , as to how many that would include) than your not going to pick up on aspergers -type advantages ( more so in NPMR), too easily.
From my own experiences, most people only understand Aspergers based on the misguided beliefs of others, while lacking any commitments to take the time to be educated and understand it from a deeper level. Obviously before i took the time myself to look into this at a deeper level of understanding of course i was one of those people .
Quote:

Try to think of this as more a "form of protection" which helped to reduce the amount of "societal beliefs' you would have been tempted to accept as your "own beliefs", and each of the associated paths had become " dead - ended"..

As you know each of us receives a " personalized data stream", where i see that as no disadvantage that you spent time " in your own little world". You simply had a "lower noise connection" to the LCS, which enabled you to grow and evolve that much more quickly..
Again, as you guys noted.. all " advantages " ..

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:44 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Try to think of this as more a "form of protection" which helped to reduce the amount of "societal beliefs' you would have been tempted to accept as your "own beliefs", and each of the associated paths had become " dead - ended"..
Very interesting, that comment resonates with me very well. I think it rings true.

On a side note. I've read Seth Speaks and listened to it too. I haven't read the next PDF but it's next. I've read the Wiki about Jane Roberts. What a lady! I've also listened to the relevant Youtube videos, but only the ones that either read aloud the Seth material or were recordings of Jane and Seth. I'm not really interested in the students point of view because I think they're well into the watering down of the concepts that typically follow as folks begin their new religion. I realize that's a little harsh but that is how I see it at this moment.

Today, I've been listening to some of the concepts in A Couse In Miracles and Edgar Casey. Mr. Casey I'm familiar with. I've watched many a documentary on him back when I had cable. I used to wonder how he could diagnose so many illnesses and predict much of the future but still miss the boat with some of his prophesies. But that was when I thought the future was written in stone. Now, thanks to MBT, Edgar Casey's successes and misses, make more sense.
What I've seen so far about a course in miracles reminds me somewhat of my own book. I'm thinking I will gift that book to you if you'd like. I'll email you the link and you can download and read it at your convenience. I think you will like it because it's about love being the answer and all life being our neighbor. It's a short book and don't feel like you need to read it right away. My book clearly shows me searching for and deriving bigger truths from both the bible, my limited understanding of science and just logic in general thus priming me for MBT. I found that after I finished my book, I was far more open minded to new possibilities than before I started the book.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 487 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 1033 Next