Return Home
It is currently Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:46 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 458 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 531 Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:06 pm 
Curator
Curator

I have never done a dream log unless it was briefly and long ago and not really remembered. My memory of dreams thus fades quickly or is even non existent in most cases and even if remembered, details fade. There are however quite memorable dreams that I remember essentially life long. And I too seem to have such generic people in my dreams as you are discussing here. People there to fill a requirement for someone to be there but not necessarily specific as to just who it might be. As you say, movie extras.

Ted

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:30 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Dreams can be just a real filler for that time and seem aimless and pointless. If I get to many of those I complain. Immediately the quality improves. It's is like if I want something better than an effort will be made to improve the content. The same if I get too many fear dreams. I really don't want to work on my fear issues by being chased by a maniac! Again a bit of a complaint usually stops these immediately.
Thank you very much for this awesome advice! I've recently stopped smoking weed, and as you may know, smoking weed makes you not being able to recall your dreams at all. So after I've stopped, I've had these crazy dreams that didn't make any sense at all. So yesterday I told the higher ups that I wanted something more related to this FWAU, and BOOM, this nights dream was about photo shopping, gaming, and other subjects related to my actual life. Had an awesome night, and it was very educational. :D

About the maniacs chasing you. Last time that happen to me (that I can recall) I was in this very chaotic VR. There were no difference between up and down, colors were all over the place. Very much a rule-less place. In any case; I was chased by two succubus, whom wanted to eat me or something. After some good old fashioned chasing, I turned around, gave them a hug, didn't work, they started attacking me, then I turned them into cute little puppies, and the dream was over.

So when maniac, think puppy. Worked for me. Hope it helps.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:51 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I'm glad you wrote about this. People don't think that you can have a very personal relationship to the LCS (which is your guide.) But you can. You can ask for experiences that are more beneficial to you.

One time I complained about my guide as I felt I wasn't getting anything out of my dreams. The next night I dreamed that I was in a ceremony. A man came over and took my hand in a very meaningful way. I could feel the energy pulsing off of him. I knew immediately that this signaled I was changing guides. The night after that I had some very scary dreams. My new guide was very ambitious! I had to ask him to ease off a bit.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:52 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I'm glad you wrote about this. People don't think that you can have a very personal relationship to the LCS (which is your guide.) But you can. You can ask for experiences that are more beneficial to you.

One time I complained about my guide as I felt I wasn't getting anything out of my dreams. The next night I dreamed that I was in a ceremony. A man came over and took my hand in a very meaningful way. I could feel the energy pulsing off of him. I knew immediately that this signaled I was changing guides. The night after that I had some very scary dreams. My new guide was very ambitious! I had to ask him to ease off a bit.
I'm happy my response pleases you. :)
The LCS is our guides? :O I've never really gotten the whole guide thing. I've never had the sort of interaction with guides as Tom explains them. I think that what I'm doing is putter data forth to my IUOC, which then ether transmits an answer back to me, or transmits it further up the chain, where it is processed, and then the answer comes back down the chain again. The data is never associated with any kind of physical form, or words, or anything in that nature. It's just pure data, then I'm the one translating the data into language, so that I can think about it.

I've just awakened from a 3 hour nap, but before I was fully awake I ran the scenario of being a female chased by a rapist. I ran it 3 times. (I was unsure that my succubus dream could apply to your maniac dreams) The first time, I changed him into a puppy, then a bug, then I stomped the bug. The two last times, I manifested a gun and dropped him dead. The point is that monsters can easily be dealt with in a VR without rules. And I guess I got some anger management issues.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:00 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Everything is a part of the LCS. Your guide can have a personal presence - even someone you deal with regularly. But if it is working for you the other way that is fine too. I often deal with my fear dreams the same way. I run other data stream scenarios to work them out.

And I have had dreams that helped me work through PMR fears. When I was twenty I worked on a horse farm in the wilds of Wyoming. The man who owned the farm was very abusive. After that experience I had a series of dreams over a year. Every dream was a confrontation between the two of us. In the last dream I finally told him off and he had no power over me.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:21 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:

My own experiences in this area have been very similar to what Linda is reporting here.
As long as you are serious, honest and have the pure intent that you are motivated to work on your QOC
( quality of consciousness), than my guides have never failed me when I have asked for a dream lesson .
And I always received the lesson the same night I asked for it.
And in a similar fashion to Linda when I asked the guides to ease up a bit, ( thinking the lessons were a bit to much on the intense side), than my guides have made the adjustments for me in that regard as well.

thanks for the great discussions from all of you.

Brian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:39 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Autistic B - Dream Recall + other Experiences

Part 2- Dream Location

** Dream recall + Dream experience Disclaimer

Reminder that Dream experiences are both subjective and personalized to that individual's reality. So for example, Robert Monroe's experiences were just that - Robert Monroe's experiences. So any conclusions, assertions and/or inferences drawn from Autistic B's experiences and used as evidences of the MBT model or how the MBT model works, should be tempered with this understanding. **

Intro :

Now that we have moved on to the Autistic B, second dream concept = Dream Location,
I should mention really one objective I had in mind. There are a couple of common MBT virtual reality themes that seem to run through all these dream chat logs as well as the formation of the "Dream concepts" Autistic B has created. These I think can be summarized as the Big Compter ( TBC) being a parsimonious computer . So I encourage the readers to look for this MBT theme in particular , through out my series of the postings on these dream topics.

So to start us off, I will pull out some direct quotes from Autistic B from the log, related to the concept of " Dream "locations", and than we can analyze some of these aspects pertaining pertaining to the quotes. And I will place those quotes into an italicized form . Than since my own dream recall is reasonably good , I may make some comments related to these quotes and concepts to my own dream recall and i will place those comments into " bold text form". Okay so these than were some of Autistic B's opening comments on the concept of "dream locations" .

Autistic B : " dream locations: there are dream made locations and real life locations in dreams "

I took this comment here to mean that the locations were quite segmented into either/ or of those 2 types of locations, so a more of (either one or the other type). Also an additional question later i think hints at this -

Autistic B : " ok, do you sometimes dream real life locations with dream made locations mixed in ? "

See, here it seems hes using the word "mix" not so much in the sense that in a single dream, the attributes of the 2 different locations are mixed together , Like I am implying below is the case. But it seems hes able to segregate each dream into either one of the 2 location categories. Again an unusual and very deep and precise "dream recall" , of Autistic B could well account for this ability he has.

( Whereas , with my own dream recall related to location , usually the locations seems mostly to have a mix of characteristics of both "dream-made" and connections to "real- life" location I know about. But it surely heavily favors "dream -made locations", that is - those locations that I am unfamiliar with . As to which of the 2 the emphasis is on.

Autistic B : " locations can be repeated in another dream . Which brings a nice feeling of familiarity " .

( with my own dream recall, I have not recognized this being the case much. I am going to assume for now that this could be a possibility, with the limiting factor of myself needing a deeper recall and familiarity and more experience with my dreams. And also like most of the dream related concepts , it would be something I could target or improve upon by using clarity of "intent" . )

His next quotes, I need to mention that my ability to interpret his meaning here, I had a somewhat lower confidence with. But it is my hope we can still garner something meaningful from the discussion of them -

Autistic B : " For both types ", ( again the 2 dream location types he is referring to - both real life + dream- created ), " the features of the location can be the same or it can be different. And the differences can either be subtle or blaringly obvious . "

By "features", I take that to mean the same thing as the details of the " dream scenes " . So, if you will, those sorts of details that make a dream scene functional within the lesser constraints of the "dream reality" frame. But with the understanding that purpose , decisions, and intent need to all run smoothly as being the important factors in the Dream reality frame.

But the MBT concept, that I had mentioned earlier, which was that of the Big parsimonious computer, trying to conserve its rendering power , quickly became a consistent and plainly obvious thread that runs through-out these dream chat logs. He points out that it is that the "details" or "features" of his dreams change and they change quite often too, he adds. Much of this I quickly recognized were the kinda details which could be glossed over quite easily without making the dream reality's school - house any less effective.

So I will conclude this part with some conjecture that the reason for this would be that the LCS , knowing that for us as FWAU's , our experiences in the dream VR frame should be directed toward our purpose , decisions, and intent with the goals of our continued spiritual growth . Than the inconsistencies and numerous changes of the rest of the "details" and "features" of these dream experiences one could propose are being allocated less rendering priority by TBC .

I think in the rest of the parts of this posting series , we will see this to be the case time, and time again .

More parts and dream concepts to follow ...

Last edited by Brian50 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:55 pm, edited 11 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:51 pm 
Curator
Curator

Brian,

The sentence breaks will continue to not match the original creation line lengths as long as you create the post in an editor which requires line breaks in order to match its window width (like Notepad) versus one which lets the sentences be broken as needed by the software to automatically fit the window width presently in use. You can set Notepad to not do this automatic breaking, which it marks with an invisible carriage return which then remains in the text and causes the later problems, but to let sentences and paragraphs grow as long as they might, up to the limit of the program/Notepad. I think that is 255 bytes or characters long. Do this after you finish the composition in Notepad by unsetting Word Wrap under the Format tab in the menu bar and suddenly most of each line disappears out of sight to the right of the window. Then click select all from the menu bar under Edit and do a Copy and then Paste it into the posting window. The lines will then automatically format themselves for length according to that window width and also again once the post is complete, will reformat themselves for length into the display window.

Try it again with these more carefully written and detailed instructions and see if that doesn't work.

Ted

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:14 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ted thanks,

What i tried was copy and pasting the posting content back into note pad..

I did take off the word wrap this time.

As you said the lines did appear longer, horizontally.

However , when I went to copy and paste the posting from note pad back into the posting window and submitted the post, I had a quick look and the formatting was still identical to the previous posting, so i removed it.

As long as my above post is reasonably readable, I plan on giving some things a new try for my next post.. I have some things I want to try to least make the margins look a bit better . So i will try next time.

Or if I can find the energy later, I may try retyping the composition in notepad with the word wrap off and see what happens..

Thanks again for your efforts my friend.

Brian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:38 pm 
Curator
Curator

Brian,

The post creation window will never be the same size as the post display window on their computer. There will always be a change of size and thus a re-breaking of where the lines break in the preparation window.

Notepad, when it is in the word wrapping mode, inserts carriage returns which do not show, are not visible, but cause a line break at that point. When you are creating the post in Notepad, those CRs get inserted and cause the improper line breaks when you move the text by copy and paste to the Post creation window. There some lines now look wrong, don't wrap at the right place so you delete some CRs and possibly insert some new ones, if you don't allow the line to wrap on its own. Then when the post is made, you have lines not breaking properly again because the line length available has changed. What you need is to find and remove all of the Carriage Returns and let the BB software decide for itself where to break the lines. It's not easy to do that by hand.

However, if you follow the procedure that I explained above, you will automatically remove all of those CRs from the text and the BB software will wrap the text to fit whatever window it is displaying in and eliminate all of the messy looking breaks of the text. The BB software does not need or use CRs to break at the end of lines at the screen margin or in between unless you wish to jump down two lines to create a paragraph break for easy reading. This is the only way to make a paragraph break on the BB. You can't Indent and there is no special character for Paragraphs like there is in word processors. It is not so complex as it sounds. I just wrote it out in complete detail since the first pass was apparently not clear to you. Let me know if this is still not clear to you.

Ted

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:12 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks so much for all your help Ted..

and I apologize so much of our time had to be devoted to this. Especially, I think there is some interesting content related to MBT in my posting to be sure. That should be more enjoyable for all of us to be reading.

In any case , what I decided to do since I still do not fully understand how to use note pad for posting purposes , was i went through my post paragraph by paragraph using the natural wrap inside the posting window itself. My post now looks the way I intended it too. And I am pleased with its appearance.

I am willing to try note pad again for my next longer content post. But i felt it was best to do this with a brand new start, so to speak. Take my time and make sure I fully understand the word processing concepts you have introduced to me today.

Thanks again for all your time and help,
Kindest regards, Brian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:55 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I think I had (maybe still have) Asperger's or something that sounds just like it. Up to 23s or so I had:
- Daily rocking of head to relax or think. Younger, would rock for hours. Think was a way to retreat and block things out.
- Intense solo interests (modeling, thinking, tinkering)
- extreme attention to the details.
- following edges of real world objects in the air with finger (i.e. room corners, etc)
- extreme lost in thought streams. Mental pain and anguish to be interrupted or disturbed from it.
- odd use of language and repetition
- difficult communication skills, but clear thoughts. Was in reading classes in school, but silently, could read better then most. For me, it was not understanding the words, but slowing down enough to read one at a time in a flow.
- extreme difficulty in describing or dealing with emotions.
- Vivid and extreme dream reality. Full color, flying, etc. I miss that.

On introspection today, I think my savor was deep interest in computers. After years of deep reading and learning, I think I actually "burned" much of that off and was able to knock off the edges. Of course age helps a lot. I don't rock head anymore. I can't remember dream much, but sometimes. Still have intense interests in radical spurts. Thought experiments still rule. Difficult sleep patterns. Random break outs in song. Odd use of language and sense of humor. Still difficult social comm skills, but much better.

IMO, I think it is a matter of scale and degree. We all fall on some scale. Also not sure those of us off some ~normal scale have any better insight on dream vr. We don't have aspersers (or other) in dream vr (unless we want to). On the upside, this clearly allowed me to be really good at software diagnostics and problem fixing and design. Finding common patterns. Good hit rate on hunches, etc. Not sure I would pick it for myself again however. Can be really taxing.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:58 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

William,

I wanted to thank you for your post in our Aspergers thread here my friend .
I found your listing of your behaviors related to possible "Aspergers traits" to be quite interesting. I know both myself and TED where as we consider ourselves to be high functioning Aspergers candidates, took something meaningful away from your listing.

The one here at the end of your aspergers traits listing-
Quote:
- Vivid and extreme dream reality. Full color, flying, etc. I miss that.
Again this seems to support our growing concept that in the subjective and generalized sense , that aspergers seems to lesson the constraints possibly of the dream reality frame and other virtual reality frames perhaps of the rest of the LCS. And more so because you mention later in your post that after working on your aspergers related traits , than the dream experiences and recalls did in fact diminish on a related scale . Here i would conjecture that at that point in particular as you opened " the social related concepts" door a bit wider, you also have to open the door which is related to our social beliefs and expectations baggage. We could than further propose that by doing this you brought the "constraints " more into play that those entail.
Quote:
IMO, I think it is a matter of scale and degree. We all fall on some scale.

I really like your comment here. I think it is important not to get too deep into the terms of aspergers and more so that we could define there being some objective type catch-all list for what is clearly a subjective constraint of PMR.
Quote:
We don't have aspergers (or other) in dream vr (unless we want to).
However, your quote here was my favorite and most interesting to me . Because it supports the idea that our avatars behave much differently to us the ( IUOC's), in terms of Tom's concept that the dream reality frame clearly has lesser constraints than PMR.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:45 pm 
Curator
Curator

Have you considered the idea that high functioning Aspergers and on to the other end as simple Autism is all related to being data driven as compared to socially driven? With autism you have problems with the data itself as the normal PMR VR. At the other end as Aspergers you have to do some ignoring and blocking or slowing down in order to process the data. Just an idea, not clearly understood or worked out, but something of a possibility if it could be stated properly.

Ted

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:48 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Have you considered the idea that high functioning Aspergers and on to the other end as simple Autism is all related to being data driven as compared to socially driven? With autism you have problems with the data itself as the normal PMR VR. At the other end as Aspergers you have to do some ignoring and blocking or slowing down in order to process the data. Just an idea, not clearly understood or worked out, but something of a possibility if it could be stated properly.

Ted
Ted,
thanks so much for your input here ..
I think your on to something here but I just wanted to be sure I understood your meaning as fully as that is possible. Let me first take a couple ( shots in the dark), at your implications here-

1) By data driven -
Is this mostly in reference to the concept of the "physical constraints" imposed by the PMR rule set on the varying degrees or levels of the range from higher functioning Aspergers to the more severe constraining levels of Autism ?

2) Your saying that the socially imposed constraints "fall out" from the primary data driven physical ones and are thus somewhat secondary in nature to the physical constraints ?

Otherwise, now that time has passed since your above post, perhaps take your time and please elaborate further with more clarification ?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 458 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 531 Next