Return Home
It is currently Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:39 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 458 posts ]  Go to page Previous 120 21 22 23 2431 Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:40 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

John, this is what i took away from your posting..

First that you were kinda enough to give examples of your actual experiences, those are always the best man.., so thanks !

1) I felt you were illustrating good examples that tell us both dreams and OBE's are still D/S changes..

2) you did a very nice though of illustrating the difference between dreams + OBE's

I am quite interested in your reply to my interpretation of my thoughts..

Also i have been quite steady now with my daily meditation. Steady as in daily now for about the last 2 weeks..
My focus ( at Martin;s suggestion) -
to try and Perceive the perceiver , the search for the , who is the real ME ?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:20 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:

1) I felt you were illustrating good examples that tell us both dreams and OBE's are still D/S changes..

2) you did a very nice though of illustrating the difference between dreams + OBE's

I am quite interested in your reply to my interpretation of my thoughts..

Also i have been quite steady now with my daily meditation. Steady as in daily now for about the last 2 weeks..
My focus ( at Martin;s suggestion) -
to try and Perceive the perceiver , the search for the , who is the real ME ?
Brian, bear in mind that this is a work in progress initiated by your interest. Yes, consider it an illustration of a data stream change or phase into an alternate consciousness state, in varying degrees of focused awareness, from a dim dream state to a lucid dream state to a OBE waking state. The location, my home, is the same in each example and that makes it somewhat of a clinical baseline.

In both #1 and #2 the experience was driven by my focused intentional desire. Both #2 and #3 are subjective experiences. However, the OBE is supported by corroborating evidence. My wife is my witness. It is a verification, to me only, that my consciousness was outside my VR PMR body in the same PMR data stream as my wife.

The "perceiver" the real you: Generally speaking, I would "perceive" this to mean your higher self/IUOC/oversoul with the caveat that to get there you need to transition from your intellectual level you (small c) to your being level you, first.

"And, when talking about the normal intellect-based awareness (where the intellect is dominated by fear and ego), we use consciousness with a lower case “c” sometimes referred to as 'little c consciousness' or 'local consciousness'."~Tom Campbell

Hope that helps.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:26 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

John , thanks for your reply,, indeed all of your wonderful replies so far !
Quote:
The "perceiver" the real you: Generally speaking, I would "perceive" this to mean your higher self/IUOC/oversoul with the caveat that to get there you need to transition from your intellectual level you (small c) to your being level you, first.
yes , that is how i started the meditation focus off.. so mostly the preceiver being my "higher self" / IUOC...

However, just of late .. I started thinking well maybe i should leave who the perceiver actually is, as an open question..?
rather than take the chance I may be forming a belief about it being my higher self necessarily ?

in any case for the past 2 weeks , I have made little progress exploring the base question of " Who am i really ? "
Though its obvious we we know 2 weeks isnt all that long a time period with meditation and so already the nasty presence of "impatience" seemed to be
rearing that ugly head :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:15 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
John , thanks for your reply,, indeed all of your wonderful replies so far !
Quote:
yes , that is how i started the meditation focus off.. so mostly the preceiver being my "higher self" / IUOC...

However, just of late .. I started thinking well maybe i should leave who the perceiver actually is, as an open question..?
rather than take the chance I may be forming a belief about it being my higher self necessarily ?

in any case for the past 2 weeks , I have made little progress exploring the base question of " Who am i really ? "
Though its obvious we we know 2 weeks isnt all that long a time period with meditation and so already the nasty presence of "impatience" seemed to be
rearing that ugly head :)
Brian, FEEDBACK is the one constant that is inescapable at present. Whether we are streaming Netflix, reading a book, going down an escalator, experiencing an alternate state of consciousness, sitting in front of a keyboard, etc., there is always a message. I look forward to your updates. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:08 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

John, thanks for your advice..

When I got back to the meditation, i try to leave myself a bit more open to any feedback
But it is my understanding that this feedback can come to you both in varied and subtle ways that you have to be keen to ..

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:20 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

John,

I tried doing my meditation a bit earlier yesterday.. ( than my usual time which is typically later in the day )..
It was just one of those days I had alot of PMR intrusion..
So it seemed hard to remain passive and let the feedback flow back to me ..
So there didnt seem to be a lot of quality meditation time there yesterday once you try to filter out all the PMR noise..
But it does seem like every now and than I have one of these PMR noisy sessions like that..
So Ill see if I can focus more today on limiting those thoughts in my session later :)

Ive also continued to meditate while listening to my Hemi Sync sound files.
Such is my habit with the Binaurals used in conjunction with my meditation..
Ted was never a huge fan of them for me (in the individual sense).. and he was always encouraging me as I progressed more
with my meditation to maybe limit there use..

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:00 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:

Ted was .....always encouraging me......
Brian, the noise factor was a distraction for me in the beginning. I now use noise canceling head phones. I probably don't need them now. I meditate twice daily and usually after my first sleep cycle I go into point consciousness. I don't use head phones when I emerge from a sleep cycle.

My first daily meditation is structured. I picked-up breathing exercises from Yogananda's site. So, I breathe in through my nose going into and out through mouth coming out of meditation 10 times. Once in, I breathe normally. I then go through consciousness exercises. I let my thoughts wonder but pull my focus back to my exercises. I then go into point consciousness. I have not used sounds but I say whatever works for you go for it. All roads lead to point consciousness.

Repetition is important. It is similar to yoga or martial arts training. In the martial arts we repeat the same movements over and over and, in doing so, it animates our intuition (being level). It can also facilitate ones ability to manage time and use less energy.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:00 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:

Ted was .....always encouraging me......
Brian, the noise factor was a distraction for me in the beginning. I now use noise canceling head phones. I probably don't need them now. I meditate twice daily and usually after my first sleep cycle I go into point consciousness. I don't use head phones when I emerge from a sleep cycle.

My first daily meditation is structured. I picked-up breathing exercises from Yogananda's site. So, I breathe in through my nose going into and out through mouth coming out of meditation 10 times. Once in, I breathe normally. I then go through consciousness exercises. I let my thoughts wonder but pull my focus back to my exercises. I then go into point consciousness. I have not used sounds but I say whatever works for you go for it. All roads lead to point consciousness.

Repetition is important. It is similar to yoga or martial arts training. In the martial arts we repeat the same movements over and over and, in doing so, it animates our intuition (being level). It can also facilitate ones ability to manage time and use less energy.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:48 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Last night I had one of those "music " dreams .. where I go thru an entire music catalog from a musical group..
It was quite conceptual in nature as my dreams often are.. So what i mean is I think all the songs had a vague similarity to the old group I used to like a lot
called "America".. if any one still recalls them and there style of music ?
I am curious now how much correlation the songs I heard in the dream have to either the lyrics or music of "America"'s older songs I knew,,
Because I vaguely recall they certainly was not an exact match there.. But certainly not a lot of specific details on that either..
So perhaps the only match there was on style or musical genre
As usual my feelings and emotions were more heightened in the dream about the quality of he songs and how much I liked them beyond my feelings for there PMR counter parts..

There were a few of the other typical name mix up things ..
Like supposedly the singer Axl Rose was in the group in its earliest days .. but i do recall the spelling of his name in the dream was much different from his actual real life counter part name :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:30 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I think ive mentioned this in a couple other threads briefly..

But during my meditation time I have been leaving it open to the LCS that I am offering my help in the transitional reality frame..
So just if i can be of help in some instances given I am still very much a novice in my NPMR explorations..

I wanted to point out first that through watching a Tom video the other night it was briefly mentioned that this frame is not able to be accessed directly through the dream reality frame ( something I have wondered about )..

So far I have noticed once i put out my intent to the LCS ( and i wait passively per Martin's advice to me ),, that i have gotten back the most amount of visions/ flash imagery that i have gotten in a very long time..

So it would seem as Tom has mentioned so many times there is the need help there for many of us ( who are at the proper stages in our developments for our help to be meaningful to others within NPMR...)
i had one particular meditation session , ( a few nights ago).. when they imagery i was getting did seem quite relevant to that reality frame and also there seemed to be what you might call one "fear test" mixed in with this imagery, perhaps to gauge where I might stand with that aspect of it..

Other than that I think it is typical of any NPMR explorations in that it takes a lot of time, practice and patience in order to properly interpret the information one is receiving ..

Of course i will update in this thread any relevant progress i am able to make with my new meditation goal..

In closing I wanted to mention i do agree with James to still place a slightly higher priority on the remote healing i do during meditation ..
Because there as he mentioned, your addressing specific issues that are quite clear and known to you and of course pertinent..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I wanted to point out first that through watching a Tom video the other night it was briefly mentioned that this frame is not able to be accessed directly through the dream reality frame ( something I have wondered about )..
Do you have a reference for exactly what Tom said?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:42 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Linda-
Quote:
Do you have a reference for exactly what Tom said?
https://youtu.be/cL28lY8WzVo?t=258

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 2:51 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Quote:
Dream Journal Posting

I would like to dedicate this post/ experience to, 2 people :

Autistic B:

A good friend of mine who wishes to remain anonymous.. But of whom I felt really helped kick start this thread with his relating of his interesting dream experiences

But also to -

Jim

Who is my MBT soulmate + Brother -

So being that I havent been posting in this thread for quite some time.., I was quite pleased I had a dream experience last night which could have very well been my favorite dream ever, and one where I reached the highest level of lucidity, I ever have in a dream ..

The trigger for it could have very well been reading some of Jim's older dream journal postings where he had some LD's
In addition I had woken up in the middle of the night , but managed to go back to sleep and than sleep in to 7 AM ( an unusual late time for me )..
The dream happened just before the second wake-up...

and so now on to the dream description :

So, it started out i was walking around inside some store and when i got back to my car there was some strange guy mulling around the car like he was going to steal something. i was somewhat concerned because I had left my wallet laying right out in the open.. And than I noticed he was a bit drunk. He told me he was needing to get some place and so i offered him a ride.. But I grabbed my wallet first , because i didn't trust this guy.. I told him dont take hit personally but your just a stranger to me..So as it turned out thru some dialogue the guy was a bit of a jerk really..

But anyways as were driving along , i had that stuff happen where i cant see the road any more my driving becomes quite impaired and the car has to sorta drive itself. And all i seem to be able to do is check every now and to make sure I am still driving on the road . The stranger/ guy was alarmed of course in the back seat LOL, But i didnt like him that much being that he was quite the jerk . So any ways cause of the obvious reason ive had this dream like a 100 times ( and so it clearly stands out as my most obvious dream sign to trigger lucidity now), i suddenly became lucid. But i dont mean these subtle levels of lucidity, i usually experience, where your like maybe this is a dream, and maybe it is not a dream.. But i mean the highest level of lucidity I have ever obtained before !

And so now I suddenly get this idea , like cool im going to have some fun with this LOL I was kinda surprised i didnt wake up at this point..but i was also applying strong intent that I wanted to stay in the dream reality.. So now im going to have some fun with this guy in the back seat So i started driving like a complete mad mad driving all over the place.. Of course knowing this is just a dream, and knowing full well i can do whatever i damn well please,,(I really was not proud of my behavior at all in this dream but i guess most of it was just in fun). So any ways im zig- zagging in and out of traffic, pretty much doing anything i please, cause now im running the dream/ show !. So of course as you would expect , this guy in the back seat in white faced in fear because of the reckless way I am now driving. So we finally stopped at a light and so i turned around and told him you got nothing to worry about, this is all just a dream :)

When i told him that i will never forget his reaction ..It was so much like the entire dream up to that point was playing out some planned dream scriptand he was only this actor that had a role in this , and now i just ruined things , by telling him this was all only a dream..He was totally caught off guard and speech-less, and than it sorta was like he just dissolved away at that point.. It was so bizarre !!, and than I woke up

But he seems more like he was this "dream character " really rather than this IUOC I had met in the dream..
His Personality was much too diverse, complex and unique to think that I would have been able to create it .... And so he had very much " a this is outside of me" , feel to him..

So any one else having similar experiences or just wanting to comment,
would love to hear from you all !

Brian
Hi Brian.

I had similar experience with lucid dream. I realised I am in my dream, which triggered euphoria feeling, happiness and I almost lost lucidity. In my dream.
I laid on the street and I was calming myself down. I said to myself you are here, you was here before, just calm down. I don't know where dose words came from who actually said that. I knew that when I'll be calm I can explore it. Didn't take long and I was totally calm and ready for it.
So I just thought about flying and I was doing it and set of the dream changed. Lots of other entitys everywhere. I started thinking I have to stop flying I behave like a new here and I could hert other entity. So I stopped had good look around. What was interesting the place, entitys very calm didn't bother me, doing theirs own stuff. I don't mind doing it again. And yes I know flying but that was my official 1st time. Hehe.

Wish you well.
ojo

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 4:25 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ojo,

thanks so much for your posting and sharing your feeling and thoughts, which always still seem quite personally subjective with dreams for the most part..

But yes ,most times my emotional state is somewhat heightened over what they feel like to me in PMR..

In regards to the lucidity and the quick disappearance of the "dream characters" ?

Somewhat a lower confidence theory on that :

At least portions of my dreams seem kinda "scripted" , to a degree..
And so if i become lucid, and try something to far "outside of the script" ?
So something that i decide to almost "throw a wrench", into the dream via my PMR free will..
.. ( "if that is a better way to state this "..), perhaps more metaphorically
The dream characters fade away quickly at that point.. it would seem ..

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 7:41 am 
Normal User
Normal User

I don't think there is any more need for dream characters to be active, in the moment when we gain lucidity. And the dream is no longer dream. I think become all there is for the participant.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 458 posts ]  Go to page Previous 120 21 22 23 2431 Next