Return Home
It is currently Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:12 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 458 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 631 Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:58 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

IQ are just a measure of how well you perform certain mental tasks. With the kind of personality aspergers have, they often develop their brain in a way that results in a high IQ. The more frequently you perform IQ related mental tasks, the higher your IQ will become. I think it's more of a neurochemical thing, than a neurophysiological thing, that makes an asperger to begin with. If that is true, it stands to reason that it comes down to ones genetic make up.

We're all born with a jumbled mess of neurological pathways. Some learn to do calculus very well, other the art of language, etc. Aspergers finds joy and sadness at different levels than the average person do, this results in a different world view, a different neurophysiology. They don't get the same kind of neurochemical feedback as your average person do. This can for example be expressed as sensory overload when simply looking at a face. When someone smiles at you, you get a little fuzzy feeling inside, smiling is contagious. Imagine that times a 100. Suddenly it become unbearable and unpleasant, and the only cure is to detach yourself from others. Aspergers have to filter out stuff, or they break down with sensory overload. That is why you see them appreciating the grains of sand, instead of playing with the other kids. They can't play with the other kids, too much input, but grains of sand are simple, and beautiful, not much is going on there, and full appreciation can be applied.

I'm obliviously not a neurologist though, so these paragraphs could just be a long fart of stupidity, so you'll have to make your own judgement of its validity.

Come to think of it, we have a forum user with a son that's autistic, I think it is bette. She could probably shed some light on things. The son is probably also aware of Toms TOE. I remember that he was at one of Toms lectures, albeit sleeping like a boss.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:30 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

It seems that IQ is somewhat just a part of the ruleset and is determined largely by genetics. What you do with what you've got is variable.

There is a program in in the US now called Child Genius. One ten year old boy is a freshman in college. That is not because he used to learn his brain more efficiently!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:30 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Assuming you
Quote:
It seems that IQ is somewhat just a part of the ruleset and is determined largely by genetics. What you do with what you've got is variable.

There is a program in in the US now called Child Genius. One ten year old boy is a freshman in college. That is not because he used to learn his brain more efficiently!
By "That is not because he used to learn his brain more efficiently" I assume you mean; that is not because he learned to use his brain more efficiently?

I'm arguing that IQ is 100% developed. (IQ being a measure of a distinct inclination towards a certain set of neurological pathways) Neurochemistry is 100% genetic. A persons neurochemistry is what determines whether or not they will enjoy difficult problem solving. If a child just love problem solving, guess what he/she will spend the time on whenever possible. If a child is all about learning from let's say, the age of 3, and on top of that have help and are being encouraged to do so, by high IQ parents, being 10 and starting college is no big deal. (Especially in this day and age of the internet.) College content is aimed towards extroverted people that don't give a care about learning, and knowledge, and haven't done so for their entire life. They only care because they're told they must care, or it's an ego thing where they just want to be the best. For a person with passion about the subject at hand, learning becomes immensely easier, and you will venture way beyond the curriculum for the class, because it's fun and you deeply care about the subject.
When born with the right kind of neurochemistry, geniuses are developed.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:40 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Here is the funny thing about that show - none of the parents are particularly smart. They are all average IQ and the siblings are average IQ too. So these kids may be a thowback from other generation's genetics, or perhaps their high IQ was part of their life plan.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:47 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Here is the funny thing about that show - none of the parents are particularly smart. They are all average IQ and the siblings are average IQ too. So these kids may be a thowback from other generation's genetics, or perhaps their high IQ was part of their life plan.
Linda,

there is that genetics concept where it has you skip a generation i think and you end up picking up traits of the grandparents.., anyways lets call this - Option 1

Option 2 - than is the idea it was a life plan decision in the transitional reality frame.

I was just thinking, I wonder if option 1 though is another one of these main stream science belief traps we bought into , for what is, in truth more so option 2 ?

thanks to both of you for some helpful insights into IQ..

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:39 am 

Hello all!!! I was looking for complete information about aspergers. I think I have found the right thread to discuss that. Please tell me what its symptoms are!! Also share the listing of aspergers famous people!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:39 am 

Yeah I also think that the people with aspergers often develop their brain in a way that results in a high IQ. I have heard about Dan Aykroyd who has very high IQ. You know there are several other famous people with aspergers that have great IQ.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:45 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey guys , thanks for your interest in the thread !

I ran across this helpful article about mostly what Aspergers is and its common symptoms here-

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/7601.php

.. And than here is the test most of us liked the best for testing for the Aspergers condition and the level of it that you may or may not have here-

http://psychcentral.com/quizzes/autism.htm

Let me know how you guys do on the test, please

Thanks, Brian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:30 pm 
Curator
Curator

I took the test you listed for Asperger's screening, Brian. I scored 27 where 30 is the break point for possible Asperger's. Another group that I'm not part of. Must just be the INFJ and mysticism.

Ted

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:00 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I did some research on some of our PM's we did on the Aspergers condition about a year ago .
I ran across this Pm which was from you on (2-1-14 )
Quote:
Brian,

I looked up the Internet tests for Asperger's/autism called the AQ test. I scored 21 on it. It is probably an indication of a spectrum of behaviors that overlaps fully into the norm.

So, Ted your score makes quite a bit of sense to me.

I scored slightly higher on both these aspergers tests. But not quite into the aspergers spectrum range, but fairly close to the lower end autism I think.

thanks for your post...

Brian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:38 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I got 13 in the Test.

There are Autistic and Asperger´s whith high IQ and with low IQ.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:57 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
I got 13 in the Test.

There are Autistic and Asperger´s whith high IQ and with low IQ.
Thanks for your comments Dinah

Actually last night when listening to the video to audio conversions on the MBT Wiki, I did run across some answers to questions that Tom makes on Autism / Aspergers. These were found in his Hawaii Seminar that he did back in June of 2010.

I will mention that a lot of the discussion and comments in the thread by Ted, Linda , myself and others are quite consistent with Tom's replies. For myself personally a lot of my own research has more to do with the higher functioning Aspergers, whereas Tom runs the gamut from that all the way to more severe autistic situations in this 7 minute reply. In the excerpt he mentions " probing the minds of autistic children", is where he garnered his experience about the autistic condition and its relation to MBT.
The one consistent theme though about his replies is that aspergers/ autism person sorta lives in there own reality that is quite different from many of us who don't have the condition . I don't think that is because there being sent these vastly different data streams from what we get. It sounds more that the differences are caused by how they interpret their data streams on account of there condition perhaps . This also of course includes the dream reality frame , where much of my own research data on aspergers is derived from.
But I think since were all in this PMR reality frame together and it is still a multi -player game ,than the more we can have an understanding of how each others reality frames work ( as difficult a proposition as that sounds like), than this seems like a step in the right direction to me.

So for those who would be interested in hearing Tom's comments on Autism/ Aspergers, they are in about the first 7 minuets of this video to audio conversion Mp3 from the MBT Wiki

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/979 ... r_6_11.mp3

Also, for those of you following/ interested in my dream / MBT concepts postings derived from my chats with Autistic B 's dream experiences . I was able to get just a start on part 4 last night and I hope to have that posted to this thread soon .

Brian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks for your interesting comment, Brian

My daughter had a friend who had Asperger´s, and when she asked him a question he talked and talked, and even when she asked another question, he kept on talking obsessively about the same issue, and no matter how much she kept calling his attention to other issues, he sort of forgot that she was present and kept on being immersed in his own world, as though the rest had disappeared.
This is in the case of Asperger´s
In the case of autistics, they don´t even talk.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:08 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks for the lovely anecdotal story Dinah !

Actually, when I read it, I couldn't help but to be reminded of myself . The example I was thinking about was the passion I exude when discussing MBT concepts with my family. Although they do show some interest in these topics, I find it difficult to stop chatting about them once I get started.

... Meanwhile, i was just about to resume writing on part 4 of the Autistic B chat / dream topics.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:25 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Brian, the fact that her friend had Aspergers, didn´t alter the reality that my daughter appreciated him very much because he was very bright and kind.

On the other side, I am sure that during his long talk, he had greater capacity to concentrate and go deeper into the issue of what he was talking.

Same than what you say , that when you talk about MBT, you don´t want to stop because by talking you notice more interesting things, you understand more, and it is a way of learning for you.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 458 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 631 Next