Return Home
It is currently Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:38 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Time travel
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:25 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Hi guys, a bit ocd about a choice I made in the past. I would like to change the past. Its a very trivial choice, but like I said I get sensitive about these things. Also, wondering if within that parallel reality the mathematical models representing other humans could develop free will. As it would then be no different from the home reality.

Post subject: Re: Time travel
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
Hi guys, a bit ocd about a choice I made in the past. I would like to change the past. Its a very trivial choice, but like I said I get sensitive about these things. Also, wondering if within that parallel reality the mathematical models representing other humans could develop free will. As it would then be no different from the home reality.
As you say it would be a parallel reality(MBT would call it a different data stream) so no you can’t really change the past. Free will is an inherent property of consciousness. Free will is not really developed, decision space expands with consciousness evolution. As decision space increases free will choice increases(you become more aware of possible choices).

If those humans are conscious they will have free will(limited by their decision space). If they are NPCs rendered within the VR then they don’t have free will and are not conscious. MBT suggests NPCs are quite rare within PMRs.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:49 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

I admit I'm grateful to receive a response to thisas it continued to bug me.
I know it would be a parallel reality, but as long as O could live in it besides the OS pmr (right?) and those people had free will like I did (not being npcs), I would prefer it.
I was reading the section on changing the past (I have the big physical copy, though of course there's google books), and I saw that a lot of "parallel" realities (whether they are parallel or not doesnt matter to me, as long as they are long term substitutes) are known as "unactualized" realities, and that unless the AUM decides that it is an interesting "state vector," free will is not typically developed for all other actors besides yourself. I read that normally, while exploring these "unactualized" spaces, they would mean your free will, but not of others.
This is page 721. I plan to read more.
I want to know if I'm correct, and if I am correct, how one could tell when AUM would decide a particular state vector gets the seal of approval and is not just relegated to being a "uniquely filtered output report of existing data."
Of course there's still a chance that the reality I wanted does not exist at all and I couldn't hop over there at all, but I at least wanted to check.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:35 am 
Normal User
Normal User

I think it's ultimately more productive to learn what you can from that decision and work on letting it go beyond that, whether that involves practicing self-compassion, making what changes you can now, helping others, or whatever method is helpful and ethically available to you. It may be possible for you to access a simulation of having made a different choice, but that wouldn't be anything permanent either.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:32 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

What Tom refers to as the Unactualized Past Database is all the things, (choices,) that could have happened but didn't. You can interact with that database and they are in a sense parallel realities. But there are no consciousnesses participating other than you. All other characters are played by the LCS based upon probabilities. It is a training exercise only. There is no changing past choices. That is how we learn. We do better the next time.

Tom on optimizing your experience in PMR:
Living gracefully with uncertainty is one of your major challenges. The companion to that lesson is to learn how to make progress with effort and focused intent but without exerting any control/manipulation of self to make things go the way you think they should. Growth is natural and follows at its own speed as you change at the being level – that process cannot be rushed very much or pushed by the intellect.

To optimize progress:

1) make each tiny, great and mundane choice reflect doing the right thing for the right reason.

2) Search for beliefs, fears, and expectations, as well as attitudes and feelings that reflect ego, and eliminate them at the being level.

3) Live fully engaged in the moment, in the present, and approach existence with love, compassion, and open minded skepticism. Learn everything you can learn about everything, engage others in relationship, travel, and experience (this will broaden and deepen your experience base and thus enrich and support accurate interpretation in all the realities you experience.) Focus on those four and everything else (including your facility and exploration of NPMR) will fall out naturally around your interests and intents.

http://www.my-big-toe.com/forums/viewto ... 178#p45178

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:34 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

That's disappointing, about the LCS characters thing, only consciousness being me. Thanks for the help anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:55 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

The real interaction between different consciousnesses is in PMRs. But experiencing part of a life an alternate reality in the Unactualized Database can seem just as real, and can be a great teaching tool.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:44 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Question: isn't there just one PMR? If I was alluding to NPMR, are there multiple PMRs then to explore with fully activated consciousness? Was unaware there were different PMRs in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:08 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

This is just our system and there are others.
Attachment:
rsz_reality_systems_-_the_big_picture.jpg
rsz_reality_systems_-_the_big_picture.jpg [ 23.56 KiB | Viewed 180 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:37 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Thanks for the map. I'm going to say those other PMRs are exclusively nothing to do with us, then. As in they would be the next virtual reality after we die?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:51 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

You can incarnate into any PMR you want. But they do not interconnect in any way. Tom has visited many PMRs and a few systems. This is his representation of what he has personally explored.

The virtual reality data stream you experience after death is not the same as a PMR. It is an exclusive VR for one purpose.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:25 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Thanks again for the response. I remember Tom talking about that stuff. I'd hope that a PMR is ckose to this one, and is not completely different in structure and organisms? Also, has he explored what happens after that VR experience? If not calling that new place a PMR, is there some sort of other term for it?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:39 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

A lot of PMRs are similar because there is a pretty narrow ruleset to allow life to exist.

Tom just calls that VR a virtual reality for those who have just died. After an FWAU realizes they are dead, they re-orient to their IUOC, (oversoul,) possibly do a life review, decide what they want to work on next, and start a new experience packet.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:53 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

I know Tom said the ruleset would consist of biology, chemistry and physics, but says there are variances between them.
I was reading more on the forums and saw your responses to some people on the latter paragraph's topic (what happens after death). Tobyorden said my foray into another PMR/NPMR/VR would be nothing permanent, and I realized that it is not as if my body in this OS reality would just disintegrate as I switched. I would only be monitoring that reality, right? No switch. The only thing I could think of is my IUOC (is it me?) deleting this avatar and somehow my avatar in that other reality (just as real as this one) would be "my" new consciousness. Or maybe they're just an NPC?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:12 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Let's go back to the heart of MBT which is this is a digital reality. You are a portioned off chunk of consciousness, (FWAU,) receiving a data stream from The Big Computer via the RWW, (Reality Wide Web.) You can receive data, interpret data, change/create data, and send data. That's it. You are a chunk of consciousness that has the decision space of a human avatar. That is what you are experiencing in this experience packet. As an FWAU you usually only get the regular PMR data stream and the dream data stream. But consciousness explorers can tap into other data streams - OBE, remote viewing, one of the 3 data bases, etc.

You don't have a physical body, it is only data in a data stream. Your consciousness can switch easily from one data stream to another. While you are dreaming you are getting input from the dream VR and little to none from the PMR data stream. It is simply a matter of focus. Whatever data stream you are getting seems to be real to you at the time.