Return Home
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:13 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:41 pm 

Does anyone have any vivid recollection of their experiences when under anesthesia (or if anyone has had the unfortunate experience of being in a coma?) Did you feel like you were in some other virtual reality? Was it a pleasant experience? Was it frightening? Since our brains are unable to work properly during the given time of being "under," I wonder what happens to our consciousness?

A few years ago I had my appendix removed, and while under anesthesia, I had very vivid experiences on a beautiful blue planet with waterfalls which would would be the closest thing to "heaven" I've ever experienced. When I was being "pulled back," (while the anesthesia was wearing off) I remember being in this in-between state where I was so upset and angry that I had to leave my temporary paradise and mentally fighting coming back.

*To sum up: When your point of attention is no longer in the PMR due to drug induced unconsciousness, (e.g anesthesia) are you experiencing a dream state or other *real* virtual realities?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:07 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Ckozz, I happened to just have seen a video or two about a man (Robert Mobley) telling about his coma nightmares (which are fortunately not common). Watching those two videos, should answer your question.
I would warn you and others though, that what he experienced is some of the worst that one can experience, so it's not easy to watch.
Quote:
*To sum up: When your point of attention is no longer in the PMR due to drug induced unconsciousness, (e.g anesthesia) are you experiencing a dream state or other *real* virtual realities?
There is no general rule here, there are a multitude of experiences possible, from no awareness and recollection to Robert's or your experience, and everything in between.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:51 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

when I was put under a few years ago for dental surgery I do not remember anything happening. I suspect just like going to sleep in PMR anything can happen.

Clearly your chemical brain state effects your non-PMR experiences, dreams, etc. After quitting drinking my dreams for a few weeks where very vivid and strange.

It is clearly better to avoid any addictions and substance use for the best PMR and NPMR experiences. I would even avoid anesthesia unless it was necessary.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:16 am 
Normal User
Normal User

Some mornings when I wake up after being in bed all the required 8 hours I say to my self "wow that was a good nights sleep, no dreams, just solid sleep".

Then I go on with my day until many hours after, when I am doing something random, I remember in a flash a vivid dream I had while I was sleeping. The memory of this dream had been completely gone since I woke up, and only some random event made me remember it. So, based on my own experience, I think that we probably experience other realities all the time, but we do not always remember after waking up from sleep/drugs/coma etc.