Return Home
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:56 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:22 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Dear Tom, You're a busy guy. I'm happy to get the answer from other members who post here.

Dear other posters, I am half-way through reading Tom's second book. Either he hasn't covered it yet, or I don't remember reading about it. In any case... Could someone please explain the psi uncertainty principle? Explain it in a simple way, use everyday words, give real-life examples? I am looking for an answer that I can easily understand. Thank you. -- Lisa ;-)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:19 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Lisa,

I'll take a stab at it:

Each separate reality has a set of 'rules' that you implicitly agree to in order to participate. Workaday language: Any game you play has a set of rules. Think Monopoly or Scrabble. Rules vary quite a bit from reality to reality and game to game.

The earth game has a set of rules. Cause and Effect. Things "happen in time". They do not abruptly appear and disappear, etc.

However, the earth is held together by the consciousnesses that subscribe to it. Where the most attention is paid is where it seems the most real and solid. In places, though, where no one is paying attention at the moment, earth-stuff is a little more malleable. And here, the rules can be broken as long as no one is looking: Apparently, including one's self. The trick is to just expect that things will break in your favor, and they will, when it contributes to 'overall entropy reduction'. (code words for "makes things better").

Ever hear of beginner's luck? The seven year old boy who catches 3 huge trout in five minutes and no one else can even raise a tug? The ten year old girl who goes for the first time to the bingo hall and wins 5 pots in a row because she doesn't know that she's no supposed to? The goofy, ignorant ditz at the black-jack table that draws a 2 with 19 down? Wandering into a thrift store and finding exactly the item you need that would never be found at any department store, say, some dish to a long of production china style? Those are, if I understand matters properly, all PU at work.

-Montana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:50 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Montana: THANK YOU - THANK YOU - THANK YOU for taking a stab at it and also for using words & examples I can understand.

Maybe what I'm hearing is... the earth, and this universe, has certain rules that everyone has to play by. There are many rules that we cannot change, like Newton's Laws of Physics.

There are also things that we can change. Since we can change them, the outcome is uncertain. PUP says we have influence over things - things that we think we can't influence - we actually CAN influence them.

Am I on the right track? Is that what you're saying? -- Lisa ;-)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:04 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yes that was rather lucid. You probably have a book in you Montana.
Love
Bette

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:36 pm 
Curator
Curator

What Montana describes is the more positive part of the Psi Uncertainty Principle at work. Its more negative aspect is to interfere and to conceal the fact that rules can be broken from general knowledge. Decide that you can get away with anything and the PUP is also what pulls the rug out from under your feet. Or it stops the good stuff from happening if lots of people are watching. Someone posted about entering the lottery based on meditation and getting every number 'relatively' right, just off by one on each digit and thus no win. They got a lesson about the nature of PMR reality but no win, thanks to the PUP.

Ted

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:58 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
... Someone posted about entering the lottery based on meditation and getting every number 'relatively' right, just off by one on each digit and thus no win. They got a lesson about the nature of PMR reality but no win, thanks to the PUP. Ted
It was Ramon in this thread: "If you're psychic, why haven't you won the lottery?" viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2624

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:11 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

Page 429. Why would the learning lab degenerate if psi effects weren't constrained?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:43 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

"Why would the learning lab degenerate if psi effects weren't constrained?"

My understanding is based on past experience from the system that is what it found works best most of the time.

It is just a general rule and sometimes the system lets the rules bend and break. I think it is worked into the programming of the VR is someone is trying to do something not normally in the rules of the VR (like levitate in from of other people or something) the system makes a call to allow or not or to somewhat allow. An example would be the system allowing a levitation of only a few inches instead of a few or several feet.

I have been able to get (ask and received) meetings with two other FWAU while sleeping at the same time. Meetings that they remembered and could recount with each other. Clearly not their imagination. A clear breaking of the principle. I have also been able to do some other demonstrations that clearly shocked them... The LCS obviously predicted this would help with their growth or it would not have happen.

i think it all comes down to we cannot have chaos and people levitating and retrieving information about past loved ones with to much accuracy as to much of this for the wrong people is just not helpful..