Return Home
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:41 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:57 am 
Curator
Curator

A virtual reality in MBT terminology is a reality appearing within the mind of an individuated being that participates in that virtual reality (VR). It is generated by the incoming data stream from The Big Computer (TBC) which is specifically created to provide the individual participant with it's own perspective point and internal sensations within the VR. This includes the conscious perceptions, including internal thought stream, of the individual. This incoming data stream source can be further spoken of as created by the Virtual Reality Rendering Engine (VRRE) as a further conceptualization of this specific function of TBC. The properties of a VR and as it is experienced by the participants is based on a rule set or sets that define these properties. It exists within the mind of the participant although it appears as external to their mind, both internal and external to their perceived virtual body associated with their participation in the VR. A participant experiences their 'native' VR (as opposed to one that they are visiting only by mentally switching to another VR data stream in which they are not 'native') as a physical reality in which they possess a body, although the nature of that body varies depending upon the nature of the VR. A 'non native' VR is perceived as being non physical in that you move by though rather than by 'walking' and what is visualized that would be 'solid' if native is non material. In an OOBE, you move out of your 'native' place within PMR and the result is that your perception is the same as of a 'non native' VR.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
This includes the conscious perceptions, including internal thought stream, of the individual.
I always thought the internal thought stream of an individual was kept internal to that individual. Are you saying that our internal thoughts come from TBC? Shouldn't they be generated internally if they are indeed internal thoughts?

I remember that in MBT Tom says that all of our thoughts are stored in the database. My interpretation of this was that internal thoughts are sent to TBC for storage.
Quote:
A 'non native' VR is perceived as being non physical in that you move by though rather than by 'walking' and what is visualized that would be 'solid' if native is non material.
Could you explain this sentence a bit more? I don't quite get it, partially due to the grammar but also due to the concepts. I thought physical versus non-physical is a matter of what data stream is currently your present focus. Our native VR seems non-physical while dreaming, for example.

Also, as a counter-example. If you visit a non-native PMR (not this PMR) and manifest a body, assuming a similar rule-set to this one, you still have to 'walk' around to get around - or whatever the rule-set calls for. The act of walking comes from thoughts anyways, so I'm not quite sure what distinction is being made here.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:15 pm 
Curator
Curator

Mike,

They are our own thoughts. But think about how fast those thoughts are flowing in the digital IUOC that is our ultimate base. Even considering the great slowdown relative to NPMR and AUM that Tom has described, we are still talking about state changes relative to PMR that are faster than PMR science can detect. Our internal thought stream here in PMR runs on the hundredths of a second rate. What is available consciously in our minds must be selected for us by TBC/VRRE and slowed down to a rate we can experience or we would be incapable of comprehending it.

Nothing was said about manifesting a body. If you can manifest a body in an alternate PMR, then you are experiencing it "as if" you were a resident and you will function as a native resident would, meeting the local rule set although possibly (consult Tom) still having to experience also through our local and native PMR rule set. But if you visit either an NPMR or a PMR where you are not a resident, you will have no body and you will experience that VR as non physical. That is my understanding of what Tom has described.

Ted

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:32 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ok, that makes sense, thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:52 pm 
Normal User
Normal User

'non native' VR had a lot of those lately!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:12 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

So VR = PMR & NPMR? Why not just ditch the whole PMR and NPMR concept if "this VR" = PMR and "other VR" = NPMR? why include physical matter in the terminology, when there's no such thing as physical matter? Doesn't it just add to the confusion about what this VR fundamentally is?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:00 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Tom distinguished between all those as a way for people who think of everything outside of the "physical" as "non-physical." The virtual reality concept is a hard hill to climb for most people so delineations are needed at first. But as you point out they are all just virtual realities. It depends upon where your focus is at the time whether you attribute them to physical or non-physical.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

When , I find it, or if I can. I will attempt to post it. > I was watching & listening to Tom, either on an MBT interview with Donna or on one of the internet program channels. I remembering Tom, saying that "it is no big deal to manifest a body, when you are exploring [ streaming another reality frame] another VR, that is has some kind of PMR" characteristics, some what like ours". { not an exact quote, but close}

But, Tom, said, that you could not just "appear" -like all of sudden in front of people in a public place, where this happening would be very strange to the people in this reality frame. He, said, you would have to like , "come out of the woods," and walk down a road, to where people are", for the reason of not "not manifesting/materializing in front of anyone", ie- come into their reality, unnoticed - in your entering it. Not, like suddenly appearing in someone's living room, or on a crowded street corner, or any place where you draw attention to yourself manifesting/materializing in a body.

We , all know that" All FORM", of any kind is virtual . The only fundamental anything is consciousness, as is IUOC , LCS, AUM, - having the ability to think/ be aware that you exist, and more. So, the way Tom, stated it, I take it that you [ a person who is native to this VR PMR], - when exploring other realities that have a VR PMR scenario, then it should be no big deal, to it, if you follow the ruleset, as in not coming in to that reality like Houdini or David Copperfield, so that the crowd is amazed, and or freaked out, but entering it, in a subtle mode, and then you can mix/interact with the people their.

As Tom says " reality is just data". Nothing is real, in the sense of anything having actual solid, liquid, gas, energy, light, or any other visible/visual - form, as being it's composition. The composition is virtual.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:56 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Quote:
When , I find it, or if I can. I will attempt to post it. > I was watching & listening to Tom, either on an MBT interview with Donna or on one of the internet program channels. I remembering Tom, saying that "it is no big deal to manifest a body, when you are exploring [ streaming another reality frame] another VR, that is has some kind of PMR" characteristics, some what like ours". { not an exact quote, but close}

But, Tom, said, that you could not just "appear" -like all of sudden in front of people in a public place, where this happening would be very strange to the people in this reality frame. He, said, you would have to like , "come out of the woods," and walk down a road, to where people are", for the reason of not "not manifesting/materializing in front of anyone", ie- come into their reality, unnoticed - in your entering it. Not, like suddenly appearing in someone's living room, or on a crowded street corner, or any place where you draw attention to yourself manifesting/materializing in a body.

We , all know that" All FORM", of any kind is virtual . The only fundamental anything is consciousness, as is IUOC , LCS, AUM, - having the ability to think/ be aware that you exist, and more. So, the way Tom, stated it, I take it that you [ a person who is native to this VR PMR], - when exploring other realities that have a VR PMR scenario, then it should be no big deal, to it, if you follow the ruleset, as in not coming in to that reality like Houdini or David Copperfield, so that the crowd is amazed, and or freaked out, but entering it, in a subtle mode, and then you can mix/interact with the people their.

As Tom says " reality is just data". Nothing is real, in the sense of anything having actual solid, liquid, gas, energy, light, or any other visible/visual - form, as being it's composition. The composition is virtual.
Yes, I remember that quote as well. I think it is largely based on the constraints of the particular VR though. If the VR is strict like this one, you can't just pop in and out as you please. Exceptions can be made, but you have to not obliviously violate the rule set. There are other VRs where that wouldn't be any problem at all though (I'd assume). A VR is a set of rules, initial conditions, specifying things like gravitation and electromagnetic forces, then the run button is hit, and off we go, simulating the rule set, simulating the VR.