The My Big TOE Wiki has landed.

Devoted to providing the interface between the Bulletin Board and the Wiki. Links you might want to follow to the Wiki.
Montana
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: The My Big TOE Wiki has landed.

Post by Montana »

Yes, Ted, and Mike too.

At every rate, if this Wiki project gets Tom involved in active production again, it has to be a good thing!

-Montana
kroeran
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by kroeran »

This is a huge positive step!
Does this PMR make my butt look big?
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Post by Ted Vollers »

To those of you who were interested in the progress of the Wiki.

Enough of this originally planned information has been created as pages on the new Wiki to be worth your attention. Here is the link to the beginning page: http://wiki.my-big-toe.com/index.php/In ... _MBT_Model There is in addition additional information available but limited except for Wiki related as opposed to just a few others that are written based upon the bulletin board at present. Here is the main Wiki entry page: http://wiki.my-big-toe.com/index.php/Main_Page From there, everything else is reachable by links of multiple kinds.

Let me explain its current state briefly. The Model material is not complete. Because of conversations I have had with Tom, this will be going further and into more details than as presented in the original trilogy of My Big TOE including extensions already given on the forums of the bulletin board. At present, it goes at least as far as the original plan for the lesson started here.

Tom has not had time yet and it is not certain when he will have time to add his own content and extensions to this description of the MBT Model of reality. He has charged me with creating the Wiki and this is the contribution that I can best make at this time. Particularly the linkages back to the original material in Toms original books or to extensions made here on the bulletin board are not documented as clear references if at all. The true origin is the shared understanding between Tom and I and it is subject to his final confirmation.

The discussion pages for each of the model pages are available for your comments if something is not clear or if you feel that more steps are required for clarity. Our greatest concern is for the clarity of the presentation and understandability to readers. Nothing is included that is not familiar to regular board members but there will eventually be many of the typical Wiki links to definition or clarification pages for terminology which are not included at present. The present concentration is not on completion or perfection but on providing information of value to present board members who wish a deeper understanding. We can make it more complete for members of the public who are not familiar with the subjects or terminology involved in the future. There are not likely many such coming to the Wiki at present.

Please check out this material and the rest of the Wiki as prepared at present and give us your comments for guidance. There are only two others besides myself involved with putting content into the Wiki at present. Those editing work now are Mike Saganski (msagansk) and Darryl Rogers (Quaero). There is of course David Mathis (dbmathis) on the technical end who is just beginning to create content as well. I encourage you to consider joining the crew of editors if you would like to contribute to this effort. If you do not have the time for a regular editing effort, consider taking on a particular subject on the bulletin board and create a page or pages based upon this to send to us for inclusion. Please provide this as an article in encyclopedia style as opposed to just references to the board.

Ted
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Post by Ted Vollers »

The MBT Model has been completed and upgraded slightly by the insertion of a Link page which is at the root of the Category and provides a link individually to every page of the linear sequence of the Model rather than just to the First page of the sequence. Ancillary pages to the Model are not so linked as yet. I'm still figuring out how to handle those without confusing things. They do show up if you look at the Category:MBT Model page http://wiki.my-big-toe.com/index.php/Category:MBT_Model which lists all pages in this category. You can now navigate to each page in sequence for the linear sequence or from the Link page to any given page and of course, in reverse. It all links as before from the Community Portal Page to the first Link page. http://wiki.my-big-toe.com/index.php/My ... ity_portal It now waits for Tom to make any changes that he wishes to add, when he finds time.

Don't get excited if you see a page and Category on the Community Portal that says:
If you wish to see a schedule of future events and a list of past Workshops, Lectures and other Events presented by or featuring Tom Campbell, including audio and video presentations of previously presented material, the following page will take you to an initial page from which all other pages of this material are linked, sequentially by year with venue and other information shown. Note that these pages are in initial stages of construction.

Tom Campbell - Workshops, Lectures, Events
It is so far just a Link page that will eventually link to all past and future Events. Those pages have to be created as yet and they are still being considered by someone who might attempt the feat. Eventually there will also be links to Interviews by Tom on various sites and Radio shows. This may be as another link page. We plan to have much more information and ready access than presently in any case for all of Tom's speaking engagements.

Ted
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Post by Ted Vollers »

New pages have been created, 39 if I remember correctly, linked from this page on the Wiki: http://wiki.my-big-toe.com/index.php/To ... -_Lectures that comprise all the lectures that Tom created from conversations on the bulletin board or purpose written and combined as handouts for people attending his events as preparation for those events. This page can also be reached from the Community Portal page of the My Big TOE Wiki. They make good references on a wide range of subjects. They may be further added to in number in the future. I took the handouts and broke out each individual subject as a separate lecture for more ready reference. They will also and eventually be available as downloadable PDF files from the Wiki. That has not been completed as yet.

If you look them over and find any with problems, please let me know. If you feel that there are significant gaps in their coverage, also let me know so that Tom can fill those gaps. If you feel that more should be said in any particular lecture, also let me know. It would be especially helpful if you would provide any links to threads on the bulletin board which should be considered for addition to any of these lectures. I tried to correct any spelling problems, typos or anything unclear for lack of the original context and additional material that would have been readily available on the board. If you see any problems not fixed, please let me know.

Ted
kroeran
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by kroeran »

wow, what a great tool.
Does this PMR make my butt look big?
kostyazen
Normal User
Normal User

wiki is a great tool

Post by kostyazen »

Good idea to use wiki for capturing and hyperlinking knowledge!
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Post by Ted Vollers »

The latest addition to the My Big TOE Wiki is that the completed index to Tom's All in One Volume has been created and placed on the Wiki. Not only that, but through the Code Magic of David Mathis, I was saved a vast amount of hand work and time. And further beyond that, again thanks to David, each page number in the Index links, when clicked on, opens a window to the actual page on the Google Books on line copy of the actual book. That way, those who do not have actual copies or those with them, as the books were published without indexes, can now look something up in the index and immediately go to that page and read about it. Make note of this link to the Wiki as you can get answers to many of your questions by going to the Index and looking it up there in addition to searching on the Bulletin Board. http://wiki.my-big-toe.com/index.php/Index_Link_Page I suggest that you save this link as a favorite or bookmark within your browser and use it often. We are working to make the Wiki your best reference book to things MBT.

Ted
Lena
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Lena »

Thank you Ted and David. Great job!

Lena
'Real knowledge is to know the extent of ones ignorance.' Confucius.

Return to “Wandering on the Wiki”