The My Big TOE Wiki has landed.

Devoted to providing the interface between the Bulletin Board and the Wiki. Links you might want to follow to the Wiki.
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

The My Big TOE Wiki has landed.

Post by Ted Vollers »

Thanks to the Sure Pilotage and Code Shuffling by astronaut dbmathis (David) and the mother ship based Astrogation by astronaut Shawn, the Wiki has safely landed on PMR.

We are not quite ready to hand out the link to come and visit. The construction crew is still busy in putting up necessary partitions, sweeping up the sawdust from the floors and touching up the paint work. Watch this space for a not too far away time when we have the welcome mat out. Then you can all come and gawk at all the empty space yet to be filled with useful information about Tom's creation, My Big TOE and other information related to others generally associated with the coming paradigm shift.

Design Basis for the My Big TOE Wiki

This Wiki has been established as a private Wiki with editing only by registered and approved Members.

Casual Visitors may view the board but have by special modification of rights, been locked out from editing actual pages but may post and edit on the "talk" or Discussion pages in order for us to have a way to receive the valuable comments and recommendations of all visitors and board members who do not become Wiki Members.

In light of the above, we offer this suggestion to those of you who wish to become Members in this project and provide a continuing service to Tom, the CS and the BB community by studying the following manual in order to learn the proper way to wag a Wiki. http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Contents Until such a time that we make any deviation from this standard, this is how we need to create our new contents for our Wiki to establish the highest quality that we can achieve with accountability, believability and trust in the value of the contents from visitors and board members alike. It is my present thinking that the My Big TOE Wiki will replace the reference section that was started at the bottom of the index page of the BB. To become a member of the Wiki construction team will require a commitment and knowledge of My Big TOE beyond what membership on the BB has represented. So please do not just rush out and apply to be a Member of the construction team when we get things ready. I have read the WikiPedia page on the reliability of information in WikiPedia as analyzed by various persons and research groups. It compares quite favorably to that in the Encyclopedia Braitannica, although they, the editors of EB, do not agree with this conclusion. WikiPedia achieves this high quality while permitting any casual passerby to make edits to the contents. Vandalism is however usually corrected within a few hours by the sheer number of dedicated workers that they have. We simply will not have that many workers available. At the same time, we will not have such a vast amount of information to collect and protect and we are not allowing casual editing by passersby. We will need more commitment than for the board as the comments of Visitors need to be noted, policed and implemented if they are worthwhile.

This is where things stand at the moment and my present thoughts.

Watch this space for future announcements.

Ted
RBM
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: The My Big TOE Wiki has landed.

Post by RBM »

WoW !

Sounds like a massive effort. I'll offer all I have at the moment, moral support.

GO Team TOE !
Last edited by RBM on Tue May 24, 2011 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pgtrue
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by pgtrue »

Wonderfull news
LOVE is the answer

peace
patrick
Quaero
Normal User
Normal User

Post by Quaero »

A Newbie's opinion:

I like the sound of this.

I think we are on the right path for the best way to handle the massive amounts of information that are and will be contained on this website. Even highly valuable information is of little use if it cannot be found and accessed easily.

I may volunteer to help in the future, once I have studied "how to wag a Wiki" and determined whether I am smart enough to do it. And, also, whether I am knowledgeable enough about Tom's Big TOE. As a one-time through (slowly) reader, I may not yet be. I'm working on the second reading.

Quaero
RBM
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by RBM »

System must have hiccupped,
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Post by Ted Vollers »

"We're off the captain shouted as he stumbled down the stairs!" (My father's usual statement as we left on vacation. Can't find the source.)

You are welcome to visit, sniff the new paint smell and generally wonder where everything is as there is little to see.
Here is the URL: http://wiki.my-big-toe.com/index.php/Main_Page

There is a little bit of information for Visitors. There is a little information for those who might like to take on the burden of helping to fill the vast void with information. The links work, I think. There is something there on all the Navigation pages. You should not stumble down any holes left in the floor. I misspoke earlier as I did not know that David had made the MBT paint job standard already. What sawdust and mistakes you may find hidden away is yet to be determined.

David Mathis (dbmathis on the board) has done an amazing job installing and then modifying the Wiki software. I would still be scratching my head if I had to do that end.

Shawn Estes (shawn on the board) has provided all of the basic information on the my-big-toe.com site and server to permit connecting and bringing up the system plus help in interfacing with Tom's expectations.

I made the mistakes when it turns out that no one likes the setup.

Ted
msagansk
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by msagansk »

Simply awesome. I love the continuity of the colour scheme with the rest of the site, and it is easily readable. I'd love to contribute what I can, but I'll have to see how much free time I have for it.
Mike
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Post by Ted Vollers »

Tom looked at the Wiki and says he likes it. We seem to have the same basic concept of what quality of thing we would like to create there.

From the not exactly land office business being done, I begin to suspect that everyone concludes that it is more work than they want to commit to. Once we get some things figured out, basically meaning that I still don't know what the hell I'm doing in trying to edit a Wiki and poor David is carrying the load, I will try to put some things on the board in the archives into the Wiki. Perhaps this will prime the pump.

For your information, here are parts of Tom's comments on the Wiki, referring at first to putting the best of the Forums into the Wiki:
We need to capture that (you have already done some, if not most, of the work), put it into the Wiki, and then go on to produce the “book”, the encyclopedic reference Wiki, that we both envision as something new – a top quality, foundational work of science and metaphysics.

In addition, I think that “breaking new ground and with encyclopedia quality writing” will come along automatically once the encyclopedic layout, accessibility, and topics are a reality (result of step 1 plus user input). With that sort of organization and information clarity being available to many others, I expect to be spending a lot of time writing in the wiki to develop this wiki as a reference document – a top notch encyclopedia of the nature of reality.

Ted
pgtrue
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by pgtrue »

this is awesome ted
LOVE is the answer

peace
patrick
efcc83
Normal User
Normal User

Post by efcc83 »

Great work Ted!
the long awaited era ushering in!

"...I begin to suspect that everyone concludes that it is more work than they want to commit to." Don't worry, the commitment will be marvelous. Many have been waiting and have traced their path to MBT by the Big Consciousness.

Emmanuel.
Quaero
Normal User
Normal User

Post by Quaero »

Ted,

I'm willing to volunteer if you can use me. I think Tom's words need to be spread widely. It's not entirely altruistic, though -- I think I will learn a lot working on this project.

People have told me that I'm a decent writer (despite being an engineer).

I have been interested in this kind of material since the mid-nineties, having started off by reading all the Monroe books. I am currently maintaining a personal Journal (now up to 996 single-spaced 8-1/2 x 11 pages) logging my adventures with "Phasing" since November, 2009. My "instruction" for the Phasing technique came from the "Afterlife Knowledge" course that I purchased from Bruce Moen.

I discovered "My Big TOE" in May of 2010. I completed the first reading last Summer and am currently about 15% into the second reading. I've watched most of the videos.

The caveats would be:

1. My completing the reading of the manual & help files at MediaWiki.

2. Supervision/direction for the appropriate tasks for me to pursue first.

3. Review/editing of my entries into the Wiki.

So, let me know if you need my help. Should be fun.

Quaero
(Darryl Rogers)
whitcomb
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by whitcomb »

The Wiki sounds like a great idea. I have done a number of keyword searches of the Forum to learn what Tom has written about various topics. When I came across relevant passages, I copied and pasted them to notepads. I suppose I was making my own crude mini-wikis in the process. I think it would be great if his material could be organized into a real wiki by topic so that, for example, one could easily find out his views on Relationships, Reincarnation, and NPMR. Although organizing the material by topic might mean that most people would not be exposed to the derivation of the material, on the other hand, the material would be much more accessible and more widely read and those who were interested in the derivation could pursue it.

At the risk of being hopelessly impractical, may I suggest that the Wiki project have, as one of its goals (okay, a long-term goal) a version optimized for mobile platforms, incarnated, perhaps, as a MBT App? I would envision the App as a one-stop portal to all things MBT, including events, videos, e-books, the Forum, and reference information (the Wiki). The great information system revolution of the last 10 years has been the growth in mobile technology use, it seems to me, and an App would leverage the power of those pods, pads and phones to make Tom's material more accessible. An MBT App would make Tom's material more accessible to younger people, in particular, which would help give it staying power.
Montana
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Montana »

Pretty unfamiliar with the Wiki process... are entries lockable...?

Other wise I can imagine in the future that various people will come along and muck the thing up with their interpretations.

In fact, I am wary of participating at all myself for this reason.

-Montana

Added later: Okay, I have been to the wiki and am getting sense of the the thing. I see that if I am to contribute, it would be in the 'discussion area', handling group functions as I do here... namely, promote group discussions and get things moving where they slow down, confront bad behavior, try to remedy misunderstanding between members, and to support members who may feel intimidated by the more adamant, louder members.

Personally, I also ask my own questions and attempt to add content or clarify pre-existing content ....maybe I should not do that there?

Is it planned that the wiki discussion group will replace this forum eventually?

If that is so, then thread by thread, what is valuable can be cut and pasted directly over there, then deleted here. The process can be thought of as very much like moving a large household across town... One does it a bit at a time, and tosses out a good deal of accumulated debris in the process.

There is an old adage about physical plane moves:

"Three moves equals one fire."

... It refers to the fact that with each move, things get lost, broken, thrown out, given away, etc. At first think, you wouldn't expect it to apply to similar moves on an informational plane ...... but it might~

Montana
msagansk
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by msagansk »

Montana,

I don't think a Wiki discussion group will replace the forum. They serve different purposes. A forum is much more inviting to new members and community oriented, a wiki is more of a knowledge-base. I don't think the discussion functionality in a Wiki is as robust as a forum (again, different purpose).

A wiki has much more compact and coherent information which is great for sustaining excellent posts that have been lost in the forums.

Whitcomb: An MBT app would be sweet.
Mike
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Post by Ted Vollers »

Montana,

It is as Mike said above. The Wiki will not replace the Bulletin Board/Forums in any way. This will still be the place to interact and learn from each other. To ask your questions and get relatively quick answers. To make and visit with friends in a relatively chatty way.

The Wiki is open as to how it in fact develops to an extent. As I posted, Tom and I share some thoughts about where we would like and intend it to go. The idea is that those who have the time and inclination and willingness to commit to the requirements will contribute there by creating articles out of the materials in the Forums. The source materials will remain here in the BB and be referenced from there as the source for materials originally posted here and combined into articles there in the Wiki. What will be in the Wiki is the information developed here in the Forums and combined into articles of an encyclopedia type that will be available there in the Wiki for future reference. The only thing to be removed from the Forums is the special sections at the bottom of the index page as 'the best of' whatever. That will get moved in essence to the Wiki and retained there as reference of information instead of here.

The role of visitors as opposed to members of the Wiki 'staff' will be to enjoy what they see, learn from it and if they see something to correct or improve or just have a thought for something missing, they will make a post on the Discussion pages that are associated with each 'content' page. There may be some discussion back and forth but this is not encouraged as such and the Wiki 'talk' or more formally the Discussion pages are not intended in any way to replace the Bulletin Board/Forums. 'Posts' there will not be protected as posts are here. If Joe doesn't like what Sam said, he can change it as an edit or even delete it completely as an edit. Not a practice that will be encouraged as you might have seen the note that vandals can be banned there, even if we don't know their names. They can be banned based upon their computers and IPs.

The Wiki, unlike the the BB, is designed to make information clear and readily available as in an encyclopedia. There are better search options and categorization for finding information as well. That information in this case of the My Big TOE Wiki will be protected from casual change by visitors. And pages can be protected within the Wiki from even being edited by Wiki members who are normally allowed to do such editing. This will be done when appropriate. If you do not choose to become a member because of time constraints or for other reasons, if you choose to prepare an article on occasion that you figure is suitable and that is not already there, you can advise me or Tom or someone you know to be a member of the existence of that article. They can then choose to upload the article into the Wiki and create a page for it there or to further edit it as required. All are welcome to contribute in this way if they have a limited desire to do a lot of this but have a pet subject they want to see covered. Learning to edit on a Wiki is not a trivial process as I am learning. I cannot guarantee that such an article will be accepted, accepted with editing or just what will happen. Tom will have ultimate control of the Wiki. You can always protest to Tom about something that you do not like.

You may have noted that Tom will probably be creating some new articles there on the Wiki. These will be like writing for the original trilogy of My Big TOE although he will not have to always try to keep it at the level of beginners. He can write at the level appropriate to the information and it can be accessed by those who can make use of it. Perhaps other articles will be written based on Tom's articles by member editors that are articles created to be at a beginners level. The new Wiki will be a matter of discovery of potentials.

Does this clarify the question aspects of your post?

Ted

Return to “Wandering on the Wiki”