New page on Tom's translated or subtitled works planned.

Devoted to providing the interface between the Bulletin Board and the Wiki. Links you might want to follow to the Wiki.
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

New page on Tom's translated or subtitled works planned.

Post by Ted Vollers »

I see that there is a proliferation of translations, subtitled versions of lectures and even as I understand at least one translation of My Big TOE in process.

Things tend to get lost on Bulletin Boards with time as posting to threads stop and the threads move down from the top. Therefore I plan to place a page on the Wiki with tables of available translations, their translators and links to those translations.

If anyone has thoughts on this, please post them on this thread.

If anyone has definitive information on such material, as you are perhaps the manager of a project or the translator or even of an individual working alone that wishes to allow their work to be linked here, please post on this thread. If you know of such work by someone who does not participate in the Bulletin Board, would you please advise the persons involved of this information.

Once I have the beginnings of such a list, I will start a page on the Wiki. Eventually I hope that there are so many that we can have multiple pages for each language involved.

Ted
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Re: New page on Tom's translated or subtitled works planned.

Post by Ted Vollers »

It is my understanding that the following languages have translations started or have had subtitles for videos produced or started. Some are only in the very beginning stages.

Spanish - Something is finished but I do not have information and a link to create a page with on the Wiki.

German - Something is in the works regarding a German translation but again I need information for the Wiki.

French - Work on something has started but again I need information for the Wiki.

Portuguese - Something is in the works but again I need information for the Wiki.

Russian - Something is also in the works regarding Russian translations, but again I have no information.

If those who have produced translations or sub titles or who are working on them provided information, I could create a central point where others could go to find information on the projects, read the translations through links or perhaps volunteer to help produce them. That kind of information repository for ready and centralized access is what a Wiki is about. Please provide information. If the work is not complete, perhaps you could use volunteers and a page on the Wiki would be the place to find them

Ted
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Post by Ted Vollers »

I am copying the following from kostyaze here for ready reference:
Hi! I'm planning to help Tom Campbell publish "My Big TOE" book in Russia. I'm talking to publishers and I'm doing some translation by myself and also I started a collective translation effort. In a collective translation I see
1. a way to introduce Tom's ideas to Russian-speaking people
2. a way to promote Tom's book and lectures and make them popular in Russia

Here are the links:
Synopsis to MBT book in Russian in my translation http://bit.ly/xsuGU8
Collective translation of some chapters of My Big TOE book http://notabenoid.com/book/26069/
Russian group in VK.com social network about MBT book http://vk.com/public35569858
List of chapters to be translated first: http://vk.com/topic-35569858_26258712

There are already some volunteer translators. First I placed into translation chapters 2 and 3 - about meditation. And they are already translated in rough form.

Then I thought that we need to give something about physics. I didn't find double-slit experiment in the book, so I put for translation chapter 68, that tells us that we live in a virtual reality game world.
I'd like to ask people who translate Tom's lectures into German - do you have English transcripts of the lectures with or without time marks? Or do you translate from what you hear?

If first - what transctipts do you have? I'd like to have them too - to beging Russian translation.
I am trying to get you that help.

Ted
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Post by Ted Vollers »

Copied from Oliver/matrixwissen's post.
I recently learned from Tom that work is in progress to have My Big Toe translated into German. As this might still take a while I have started my own little project on translating bits and pieces of Tom's work into German.

Sofar I have translated some questions and answers into German additionally I just finished creating a 7 minute long German-audio-dubbed part of the Forum Get Together 2011 where Tom speaks about reality and objectivity. So in case any German forum members want to get their friends hooked on Tom's ideas you can point them to :

http://www.matrixwissen.de/index.php?op ... 44&lang=de

The entire website and all material I collected is available in German and English

I plan to do further translations in the future and already emailed Keith about a German audio dubbed version of the Calgary talk from 2011 once the video of this event is released. I just did not expect translating a 7 minute piece of video into German to be so much work. So further releases will take time...
This is enough to start working on the Wiki page. Hopefully you will write and fill in the blanks that I leave.

Ted
kostyazen
Normal User
Normal User

wiki

Post by kostyazen »

Wiki? at sites.google.com, or on Tom's domain? Oh, I found it: http://wiki.my-big-toe.com/index.php/Main_Page

Ted, do we have a Facebook "page"? It's a good tool for sending out news, I believe. People subscribe to it - and get the news in their newsfeed.
Tom mentioned that graduate students like his work. Probably they all are on Facebook.
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Post by Ted Vollers »

Tom does have a Facebook page. You can no doubt find it by searching for him. I do not have a link.

Ted
midix
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by midix »

I guess, there is a little chance to meet someone from Latvia here, but anyway I'll add my "two cents".

Today I created a website on Google sites. This site is about "normalizing" things that most people call "paranormal", "esoteric" etc., and about finding "normal" answers to some questions which usually seem to be more philosophical than scientific.

The first thing I published on my site was my translation of the first chapters from Tom's "My Big TOE". I hope to attract attention of Latvian readers and publishers so they see how good this book is. Maybe some Latvian publisher will do a professional translation and publish it as a paperback version.

So here is the link:
https://sites.google.com/site/normalism ... -tulkojumi

I've made it to the "The Sacrificial Banana" chapter and now I'm going to translate Hawaii lecture subtitles while waiting for readers' reaction to my current work.

Those red signs on my website are warnings that the translation is work-in-progress and that I am open to suggestions to correct and improve the translation and also would appreciate some helping hands to continue translating.
In order to understand recursion, you must first understand recursion.
kostyazen
Normal User
Normal User

Post by kostyazen »

Hi, I've translated into Russian 17 min double-slit presentation by Tom Campbell (Unity Church).
Just did a voice over. So far people like it.
Original video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrL9kBx5jS4
Russian translation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2J4lJAvpLM
I give Sending Love seminars http://www.facebook.com/isendlove
and also I research magic http://www.facebook.com/create.reality
kroeran
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by kroeran »

Ted Vollers wrote:Tom does have a Facebook page. You can no doubt find it by searching for him. I do not have a link.

Ted
could someone spoonfeed me the way to access Tom's content on facebook?

I see a few facebook pages under Tom's name - do I have to friend him?

I can't figure out how to do that

I guess this makes me a geezer! ; - )
Does this PMR make my butt look big?
bette
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by bette »

kroeran wrote:
Ted Vollers wrote:Tom does have a Facebook page. You can no doubt find it by searching for him. I do not have a link.

Ted
could someone spoonfeed me the way to access Tom's content on facebook?

I see a few facebook pages under Tom's name - do I have to friend him?

I can't figure out how to do that

I guess this makes me a geezer! ; - )
Friend me too please. You should be able to use this link to go to his page and send him a "friend request" https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 394&ref=ts
Love
Bette
All That Is
what is?
Consciousness.
kroeran
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by kroeran »

Thanks Bette, i think that worked

as I will only be using this account to monitor Tom's postings, please don't be dissed if I don't friend you

Otherwise I am not on facebook
Does this PMR make my butt look big?
RBM
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by RBM »

I really try not to use facebook due to the geek news I've read about them, but my sister uses it and I thus got in touch with relatives several states away who I would have not otherwise contacted. I even found out my 'favorite' uncle recently passed, through FB.
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Post by Ted Vollers »

The new page now exists and is announced with this copy of the link on the permanent notice about major Wiki pages.

Translations of Tom Campbell's books and some videos plus more to come.

http://wiki.my-big-toe.com/index.php/Tr ... _Materials

This is only the beginning, but it is a good beginning with significant materials in German and Hungarian with more definitely on the way. I wish those creating translations where I have little information would check in with me as to what is available and provide a copy for posting on the Wiki. Hint, hint!

Ted
Ted Vollers
Curator
Curator

Post by Ted Vollers »

Any potential translators of My Big TOE might go to the link in the above post and follow the page links where Tom provides a policy and there are also suggestions for doing translations. Not only is this important and valuable work, but you could conceivably sell books in the translated language for a commission as Tom's literary agent. And the big reward is probably the big gold star that you get back in NPMR.

Ted
pman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by pman »

Hi,

Since I'm a french Canadian and I have so much admiration for Tom's work, I'm willing to add french subtitles to some of his video. I have already did the first 10 minutes of the TMI presentation to test my tools and see if the result are good. My goal would be to do the whole 2 hours presentation.

Is someone have any goods tips before I go further?

pman

Return to “Wandering on the Wiki”